Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Henderson say "Santini could be an RSA type"
    You'll read this 3 days after sustaining a leg injury keeping him on the sidelines until 2020, but making sure the lads in the yard can hit the lay button a few times before word gets out....

Comment

I’ll keep plugging this lad till your all sick to the teeth of me mentioning him

Nicholls had one word answer for his one to watch this coming season when pushed by RacingUK! Still the best anti post value on offer imo especially with Samcro now looking less likely to line up.

Last edited by SeanRock; 14 September 2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
        I’ll keep plugging this lad till your all sick to the teeth of me mentioning him

Nicholls had one word answer for his one to watch this coming season when pushed by RacingUK! Still the best anti post value on offer imo especially with Samcro now looking less likely to line up.

https://www.racinguk.com/news/your-c...e-jumps-season
        Very hard to knock Sean. Best price is now 20s so I wouldn't go as far to say he's the best ante post value but certainly deserves to be mentioned often.

As we are this far out, it's always good to consider dangers... so of the other 20/1+ horses, who else do you like?

Comment

25’s still available with Ladbrokes Kev despite what oddschecker says. I think Cracking Smart (If sound after last years injury), Black Op, Champagne Classic & obviously Santini have obvious claims.

Personally I’d still have Topofthegame over the few I mentioned even at 20’s. Nicholls comments on him being a potential Grand National type are very encouraging. It takes a out & out stayer with class to win the RSA and Iv no doubts on that with him.

Paul Nicholls' decision to put the chasing career of Topofthegame on hold for the time being looked to be an inspired move at Sandown following his victory in the Betfred Heroes Handicap Hurdle.

Comment

25’s still available with Ladbrokes Kev despite what oddschecker says. I think Cracking Smart (If sound after last years injury), Black Op, Champagne Classic & obviously Santini have obvious claims.

Personally I’d still have Topofthegame over the few I mentioned even at 20’s. Nicholls comments on him being a potential Grand National type are very encouraging. It takes a out & out stayer with class to win the RSA and Iv no doubts on that with him.

http://www.attheraces.com/news/2018/...r-topofthegame
            Pushed the button a few weeks back after reading your argument and looking further into him. He was one I backed at the festival last season too.

I do still think he is value, BUT, I can see this race being the hottest of all the novice chases at next years festival, so would also be mindful of that.

Comment

Good that 25s are still available then! (28s with the a boost)

From that article.... I know Nicholls can be overly bullish but these are a great few lines:

He added: "I said to Paul Barber (part-owner) he is bigger than Denman ever was. He stands at 17.2 hands plus.

"Waiting to go chasing next year will be the best thing that has happened to him. He stays forever and he is the sort of horse that might end up in a Grand National. To be honest, if he didn't run again (this season) it wouldn't matter."

Comment

100% COD, I’m under no illusions the RSA will be a red hot contest, looks the most competitive/deepest field on paper at the minute. History tells us it won’t be a massive field but it definitely wont be short on quality. I think Paul sees Topofthegame as his ticket back into the big time and as such has cautiously bided his time with him. Thankfully Paul Barber has given him that free reign as it should stand to the horse in the future.

Comment

100% COD, I’m under no illusions the RSA will be a red hot contest, looks the most competitive/deepest field on paper at the minute. History tells us it won’t be a massive field but it definitely wont be short on quality. I think Paul sees Topofthegame as his ticket back into the big time and as such has cautiously bided his time with him. Thankfully Paul Barber has given him that free reign as it should stand to the horse in the future.
                  I've even just gone back to his point form, that looks incredibly solid too!

I must admit, given the improvement expected for going chasing, I am considering going in again and adding him to some multi's too, he must be a cracking e/way shout, regardless of what else turns up.

Comment

I hope you are right. I'm starting to get incredibly excited about him again. People have very short memories (or perhaps I over-estimate Nicholls because he was the top trainer when I came into the sport) but I still maintain he's the best trainer of a staying chaser on either side of the Irish sea.... if he's got a good one, I can't think of anyone else I'd prefer to have training him.

Not to say Henderson, Elliott or Mullins couldn't win it, or are worse trainers (because they're clearly not) but Nicholls is now under-rated IMO!

Comment

SANTINI as short as 7/1 in places for the RSA, assume it's been an open day at Nicky's or something.
                      A bit of blue on oddschecker, anybody else getting excited about the middle of March ?

Comment

Originally posted by PitLad View Post
                        SANTINI as short as 7/1 in places for the RSA, assume it's been an open day at Nicky's or something.
                        A bit of blue on oddschecker, anybody else getting excited about the middle of March ?
                        I guess that's why we're all on here

It's a little disappointing than an 'open day' can be the reason we lose a bit of (perceived value) in Mid-September before we'vfe seen any novices jump a fence yet though isn't it!

Comment

Cant remember if i posted on here but at our owners day, Santini was the one that Nicky went all doe eyed about, you could tell that he likes him and wouldnt surprised me if he turned out to be top class over fences.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                            Cant remember if i posted on here but at our owners day, Santini was the one that Nicky went all doe eyed about, you could tell that he likes him and wouldnt surprised me if he turned out to be top class over fences.
                            You did mention this billymag, and I think that was the catalyst for the forum plunge....

Comment

Think I have Santini , in as many multi's as Penhill. , and a decent single , Just hope the R.S.a it is !!.

Comment

Paul Keely put up Santini as his ante post Cheltenham bet today on the Racing Post podcast.

Still double figures but this is such an obvious shortener for anyone that likes to beat the book

Comment

Working...
                                X