Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: RSA Chase 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    RC - unless theyve resolved OTBS shin issues Im not expecting him to head to the festival.
    Like you and many more in here I was very taken by his run at Cheltenham but the downhill run was uncomfortable/painful for the horse and in an ultra competitive festival heat hes unlikely to get away with it compared to a 5/6 runner G2 race...
    Fair point Ista and something to consider. Ferguson does mention that in his write up but the fact he still got up the hill the way he did then won impressively next time out a month later implied he thinks this may not be such a big issue. Also if they were that concerned about his previous Cheltengam experience I would have expected McGrath to mention it (if he is as close to the stable as he implies). Anyway good point to raise and bring into the calculation.

Top Amateur
    Always thought OTBS more of a JLT type?

Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Always thought OTBS more of a JLT type?
    So did I at this stage. I thought OTBS was a 3 miler last year then Henderson (quite publically) disagreed with Nico and 'proved his point' with the impressive win over the intermediate trip the next time out.

Chasing is a different beast though with the pace of the races being different, so I suppose I may just be being lazy thinking the distance transforms quite as simply.

3lb Claimer
    Just noticed a few firms cut Santini last night for the RSA. 12-1 still avaliable at bet365 and betfred.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMCRO View Post
    Just noticed a few firms cut Santini last night for the RSA. 12-1 still avaliable at bet365 and betfred.
    Bet365 must be watching....9's

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Bet365 must be watching....9's
    & now PP. 10s into 7s

Top Amateur
    Still 10s any race, too.

Seems strange to cut him before he does anything doesn't it. It isn't like anyone had any doubts at all around his target?

I was in the camp that thought Samcro would be going Chasing and for the RSA.... which is the only link I can think of as to why to cut him, but that is extremely tenuious anyway...

Horses arriving back from Summer breaks, some will have Summered better than others so could be plenty of talk from yards and don't forget these yards are all sponsored by bookmakers these days.
    Probably one or two stable tours kicking around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Horses arriving back from Summer breaks, some will have Summered better than others so could be plenty of talk from yards and don't forget these yards are all sponsored by bookmakers these days.
    Probably one or two stable tours kicking around ?
    That probably does explain it... but if I read a stable tour in the next few days and see Henderson say "Santini could be an RSA type"... I'll know I was way ahead of the game!