Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    That looked like a solid piece of form at cheltenham - Not for RSA winners but in terms of the handicapper being able to drop World's End's mark a little that is.
    I must admit I missed the race. And I'll watch it back but I'm assuming he was poor getting beat by those lot.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      That looked like a solid piece of form at cheltenham - Not for RSA winners but in terms of the handicapper being able to drop World's End's mark a little that is.
      Will help bring The World's End mark down for the Ultima

Comment

• Discorama is the one have been nibbling away at. Cant imagine Bryan Cooper will let the best horse in the yard end up in the 4 miler. Drinmore will tell us more.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          Will help bring The World's End mark down for the Ultima
          Was my initial reaction, UTPT was beat in the exact same race before winning it. If he could come down to somewhere between 145 and 152 he would be in great shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
            Was my initial reaction, UTPT was beat in the exact same race before winning it. If he could come down to somewhere between 145 and 152 he would be in great shape.
            dropped to 152 - could have been nearer 150 for me as race looked easy to gauge but Mr handicapper thinks different.
            I think it needs to drop to mid 140's at least for me to have a real interest for Ultima as it travels lovely but has yet to see out truly competitive races especially on stiffer tracks. I thought it was overrated.

Comment

• Another Henderson inmate in action at Newbury was Santini, who won a Grade One novice hurdle at Aintree in the spring.
              He is due to kick off his career over fences at the Berkshire circuit next week.
              “He’s got options of the two-and-a-half-mile novice chase on the Friday and the three-mile novice chase on the Saturday and I’m favouring the former as I don’t like going three miles with them first time,” said the trainer.
              “It’s going to be seriously competitive, but he’s a very laid-back horse and a great jumper.
              “He’s schooled and does that very well.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Another Henderson inmate in action at Newbury was Santini, who won a Grade One novice hurdle at Aintree in the spring.
                He is due to kick off his career over fences at the Berkshire circuit next week.
                “He’s got options of the two-and-a-half-mile novice chase on the Friday and the three-mile novice chase on the Saturday and I’m favouring the former as I don’t like going three miles with them first time,” said the trainer.
                “It’s going to be seriously competitive, but he’s a very laid-back horse and a great jumper.
                “He’s schooled and does that very well.”
                I think Nicholls has Topofthegame earmarked for the 3m chase on the Saturday Old Vic, should be a very informative weekend.

Would be nice if they both then went to Kempton for Kauto Star novice chase.
                Last edited by SeanRock; 20 November 2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Obviously Cheltenham and Punchestown are the End game , But isn't it great when the season gets underway
                  proper and you get these sort of clashes , probably still need some
                  more Rain though < Generally speaking.

Comment

• Sabtini out friday?
                    Santini is one of the headline names among an 11-strong entry for Friday’s Ladbrokes Novices’ Chase at Newbury.

The Nicky Henderson-trained six-year-old won three of his four hurdles outings last term, including a Grade One heat at Aintree in April, but had to settle for third when sent off favourite for the Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham Festival.

Already a point to point winner, Santini is the general 6-1 favourite for next year’s RSA Chase at Cheltenham despite the fact he is yet to run over fences under Rules.

In contrast, Harry Fry’s Bags Groove has already won twice over fences this term and he is in the mix along with the Warren Greatrex-trained La Bague Au Roi, who made a successful chase debut at Newbury earlier this month.

Grade Three hurdle winner Mr Big Shot could line up for David Pipe while other notable contenders include Dan Skelton’s Chepstow winner Spiritofthegames and the Paul Nicholls-trained pair of Secret Investor and Topofthegame.

Lostintranslation, Le Breuil, Talkischeap and Vivas complete the list of entries for the Grade Two event.

The other Grade Two feature, the Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle, has been reopened.

Comment

• Could be a very tough start for Santini.

I've got him backed and I hope he is as good as Nicky says he is...been some nice horses win the race too:

2017 Willoughby Court (IRE) 6 11-1 B Pauling Nico de Boinville 15/8
                      2016 Clan Des Obeaux (FR) 4 10-7 P F Nicholls Sean Bowen 5/2
                      2015 Three Musketeers (IRE) 5 11-1 D Skelton Harry Skelton 7/2
                      2014 Coneygree 7 11-1 M Bradstock Nico de Boinville 2/1
                      2013 Wonderful Charm (FR) 5 11-8 P F Nicholls D A Jacob 8/11
                      2012 Dynaste (FR) 6 11-8 D Pipe T Scudamore 4/9
                      2011 Bobs Worth (IRE) 6 11-1 N J Henderson B J Geraghty Evs
                      2010 Cois Farraig 5 11-1 P R Webber D Elsworth 10/1
                      2009 Punchestowns (FR) 6 11-1 N J Henderson B J Geraghty 2/9
                      2008 The Market Man (NZ) 8 11-1 N J Henderson B J Geraghty 9/4
                      2007 Hobbs Hill 8 11-8 C R Egerton A P McCoy 3/1

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                        Sabtini out friday?
                        Santini is one of the headline names among an 11-strong entry for Friday’s Ladbrokes Novices’ Chase at Newbury.

The Nicky Henderson-trained six-year-old won three of his four hurdles outings last term, including a Grade One heat at Aintree in April, but had to settle for third when sent off favourite for the Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham Festival.

Already a point to point winner, Santini is the general 6-1 favourite for next year’s RSA Chase at Cheltenham despite the fact he is yet to run over fences under Rules.

In contrast, Harry Fry’s Bags Groove has already won twice over fences this term and he is in the mix along with the Warren Greatrex-trained La Bague Au Roi, who made a successful chase debut at Newbury earlier this month.

Grade Three hurdle winner Mr Big Shot could line up for David Pipe while other notable contenders include Dan Skelton’s Chepstow winner Spiritofthegames and the Paul Nicholls-trained pair of Secret Investor and Topofthegame.

Lostintranslation, Le Breuil, Talkischeap and Vivas complete the list of entries for the Grade Two event.

The other Grade Two feature, the Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle, has been reopened.
                        Thats a red hot race, wonder how it will cut up.
                        I think he's an awful price for this santini. I saw the money coming for him and put him in a double with bataash at Goodwood (11/10 ) santini 10/1. As I couldn't justify backing him at 10/1 and new it was a back him now or never situation. Luckily battash won and I hope the hype around santini is justified. His price does blow my mind though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Thats a red hot race, wonder how it will cut up.
                          I think he's an awful price for this santini. I saw the money coming for him and put him in a double with bataash at Goodwood (11/10 ) santini 10/1. As I couldn't justify backing him at 10/1 and new it was a back him now or never situation. Luckily battash won and I hope the hype around santini is justified. His price does blow my mind though.
                          Tizzard said Lostintranslation is a likely runner and I’m hoping he can put in another good round. I only have him in the JLT which could be an issue as this race seems to point towards the RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            Tizzard said Lostintranslation is a likely runner and I’m hoping he can put in another good round. I only have him in the JLT which could be an issue as this race seems to point towards the RSA.
                            Some roll of honour there. Denman, coneygree, Bobsworth, dynaste. I hope it dosent cut up too much. As you'll get a real view here at JLT/ RSA contenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Some roll of honour there. Denman, coneygree, Bobsworth, dynaste. I hope it dosent cut up too much. As you'll get a real view here at JLT/ RSA contenders.
                              Yeah it would be good to get some competitive trials in the book and this could be the year as the weather has forced some hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                This race is over 2m 4f which surley points to the JLT??

Comment

Working...
                                X