Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Rockerfeller loses too much ground jumping fences to make a mark at the highest level imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I have to admit iv always really liked lil Rockefeller, his never say die attitude. Was always scrubbed along a mile out since being a juvenile but keeps finding.
      I can see both sides . Very well placed - has won just over £429K. You wouldnt mind having him. @festivalracing seems popular (and canny) in his own right and a good racing follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        I can see both sides . Very well placed - has won just over £429K. You wouldnt mind having him. @festivalracing seems popular (and canny) in his own right and a good racing follow.
        Can't fault the man for a very small owner stumping up 75,000 that hed won in prize money throughout the season to supplement him for the champion hurdle. Just because he diddnt want to go to sleep the rest of his life thinking what if.......

Crazy idea but I get the reasoning and it worked out ok. Even though he was scrubbed along a mile out
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
          Lil Rockerfeller loses too much ground jumping fences to make a mark at the highest level imo.
          Yep agree, 25's definitely doesn't appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Happy to leave The Worlds End alone for now. He was entitled to win the way he did yesterday IMO, and done nothing I wouldn't have expected him to do. Whilst 28/1 is a nice price, unless he actually heads down the handicap route, which I find unlikely, I wouldn't want him in my book for the graded races.
            Agree with this,
            Handicap route is unlikely also given his hurdle rating is 155.
            He'll Do well (or would rather need to run badly to lower this much)

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
              Does anyone know if Lads or Coral are doing any race chelt bets in shop please
              I have done one so far Billymag , Don't think it's any problem. I usually write my bet out and tell them the Prices .
              Only one allowed in a multi bet ...... think Kev told us about this.
              Some shops check the prices , but i am a regular and no gain in cheating i think.

Comment

• Next Destination is my Horse of the week !!, Can't walk past coral or w.hill without sticking a bit more on
                for this race @ 10-1.And Willie has been Speaking highly of N.D.

Comment

• Possible answer on Next Destination's target, if anyone had one, PP &B Betfair cut him to 7's from 10's for this tonight!

Comment

• Thank you BigChaang

Comment

Possible answer on Next Destination's target, if anyone had one, PP &B Betfair cut him to 7's from 10's for this tonight!
                      That is short - I'd still prefer the 20s about Cracking Smart than 10s ND this far out.

If Next Destination and Draconien are the two novice hurdles Ruby is name dropping then dare I say, MAYBE they didn't have a stellar crop of novice hurdlers?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        That is short - I'd still prefer the 20s about Cracking Smart than 10s ND this far out.

If Next Destination and Draconien are the two novice hurdles Ruby is name dropping then dare I say, MAYBE they didn't have a stellar crop of novice hurdlers?!
                        I think it would be fair to say they didn't have a stellar crop of novice hurdlers anyway. Only the one place from the 3 novice hurdles at the festival last season, and Draconien was 'held back' as ammunition for the trainers title I'm sure of it.

To go off topic a bit, the race Draconien won was not a true reflection of the form IMO, for a start Getabird smashed him by 12 lengths previously whilst giving him 6lb in the process, to think Draconien improved 6lb & 12 lengths in 22 days is ludicrous. The majority of those he beat at Punchestown had far tougher seasons prior to that race and he just went there a fresher horse IMHO.

Getabird was likely Mullins best novice, but for the left handed thing which seems to be a sticking point.

Comment

I think it would be fair to say they didn't have a stellar crop of novice hurdlers anyway. Only the one place from the 3 novice hurdles at the festival last season, and Draconien was 'held back' as ammunition for the trainers title I'm sure of it.

To go off topic a bit, the race Draconien won was not a true reflection of the form IMO, for a start Getabird smashed him by 12 lengths previously whilst giving him 6lb in the process, to think Draconien improved 6lb & 12 lengths in 22 days is ludicrous. The majority of those he beat at Punchestown had far tougher seasons prior to that race and he just went there a fresher horse IMHO.

Getabird was likely Mullins best novice, but for the left handed thing which seems to be a sticking point.
                          Is it not fair to say that they both under performed on each occasion though. I don't think you can say Getabird "smashed" Draconien, but when Draconien "smashed" Getabird that is ludicrous?

You could easily just flip the horses names around and it'd still make sense.

I'm surprised Draconien is getting the 'name-checks' he is, certainly ahead of Getabird. Personally I think Getabird was a better novice hurdler - I backed Draconien "any race" thinking he was more likely to be staying over hurdles so it's a pleasent surprise... but I am not getting giddy.

Comment

Is it not fair to say that they both under performed on each occasion though. I don't think you can say Getabird "smashed" Draconien, but when Draconien "smashed" Getabird that is ludicrous?

I'm surprised Draconien is getting the 'name-checks' he is, certainly ahead of Getabird. Personally I think Getabird was a better novice hurdler - I backed Draconien "any race" thinking he was more likely to be staying over hurdles so it's a pleasent surprise... but I am not getting giddy.
                            Valid point! I would still argue the form of that Punchestown win, purely on the basis that the main horses that contested it had already had fairly tough seasons and Draconien was and still is lightly raced. Obviously with the final statement you have to allow for improvement, but even so I don't see him as their number 1.

Comment

Valid point! I would still argue the form of that Punchestown win, purely on the basis that the main horses that contested it had already had fairly tough seasons and Draconien was and still is lightly raced. Obviously with the final statement you have to allow for improvement, but even so I don't see him as their number 1.
                              You're probably right, perhaps it is the fact he is more lightly raced that means he may be open to more improvement but that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Comment

Stable tours aren't for targets or finding out who the best horse is. They're basically only useful to find out if they're chasing/ hurdling/ sound.
                                You wouldn't keep mentioning the one for the arkle, work as a racing ambassador for a bookmaker. Have links on the page to back him and be 25/1.

Same for footpad king george/ gold cup.
                                Samcro all the time we haven't decided yet. When he's twice the price of every one else with the yard sponsors for novice chases.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X