Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
    Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.
    I can certainly agree with this, and then that would be down to Nico (or whoever rides Santini) to ensure they go a gallop even if that means him taking the lead up.

From memory I can't remember many festival races that are run too slowly though, usually hard to employ slow tactics at such a meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      I can certainly agree with this, and then that would be down to Nico (or whoever rides Santini) to ensure they go a gallop even if that means him taking the lead up.

From memory I can't remember many festival races that are run too slowly though, usually hard to employ slow tactics at such a meeting.
      Usually the longer races e.g Stayers last year, e.g gold cup year prior
      Ballymore varies but can often end up with sprint finishes.

Comment

Santini isn't slow but he lacks tactical speed so would be vulnerable in a slowly run race. A well-run RSA will be ideal.
        Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
        ^^ this

Although I'm not entirely sure what's going to make it a test - IMO it would suit both TOTG and DW to run this a little more tactical
        Having just re-watched the Albert Bartlett, I'm not sure you can say that was tactical speed that had him off the bridle?

He was just slow, and plugged on for pressure....

I'm going right off him

Comment

• His last run outpaced turning in and the fastest finisher. Albert Barlett he was held up, outpaced when they quickened (tactical pace) staying on strongly under pressure. He was ridden prominently when winning at Aintree. I'd hope they adopt similar tactics in the RSA to negate his lack of tactical speed. Complyordie is spot on.

Comment

• Maybe it's his price now making me look for faults, but to use the Kempton race as an example of him being done for tactical pace rather than just him being slow doesn't sit right.

He's priced up as if it's 100% guarenteed that he will improve at Cheltenham, and I think Topofthegame will too... which isn't factored into their prices?

Certainly agree he will need a positive ride, maybe he's like Don Poli

Comment

• He's not slow though he just lacks tactical speed. His travelling speed is fine his finishing speed is superb, he's vulnerable in the transition between the two that's when he comes off the bridle before TOTG and LBAR. The stiffer test will suit him more.

Comment

• delta work should be favourite.
                i'm waiting for santini to win his prep then big bet on delta work as not covered earlier in season.

Comment

He's not slow though he just lacks tactical speed. His travelling speed is fine his finishing speed is superb, he's vulnerable in the transition between the two that's when he comes off the bridle before TOTG and LBAR. The stiffer test will suit him more.
                  Fair enough... at 16s 14s and 12s I hope you're right

I'd definitely prefer TOTG of the two though!

Comment

• I've got Delta Work 16/1 any race and Santini 14/1. Haven't got TOTG in my book so hope one of them beat him, I'm confident they will. All 3 of them are very good imo.

Comment

• I think Delta jumps quicker than Santini his time for last years Pertemps was 4 seconds faster than Santini race. Delta looks pretty solid to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        delta work should be favourite.
                        i'm waiting for santini to win his prep then big bet on delta work as not covered earlier in season.
                        Agree actually about delta work being fav, all form over fences it’s not even that close. And I say that as someone who has Santini as their biggest winner of the week as it stands!

Comment

• Bad news for Santini backers, Having to have a booster now and a week on the easy list. Henderson says this horse takes alot of work to get fit. Has he got enough time before cheltenham?

Comment

• Originally posted by monkfish View Post
                            Bad news for Santini backers, Having to have a booster now and a week on the easy list. Henderson says this horse takes alot of work to get fit. Has he got enough time before cheltenham?
                            Might as well back Delta work now then

Comment

• Or do you not give him the jab and hope the rule has increased to 12 months by the time Cheltenham comes around?

Comment

• I doubt many would take that risk

Comment

Working...
                                X