Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: RSA Chase 2019

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    That looked like a solid piece of form at cheltenham - Not for RSA winners but in terms of the handicapper being able to drop World's End's mark a little that is.
    I must admit I missed the race. And I'll watch it back but I'm assuming he was poor getting beat by those lot.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    That looked like a solid piece of form at cheltenham - Not for RSA winners but in terms of the handicapper being able to drop World's End's mark a little that is.
    Will help bring The World's End mark down for the Ultima

Discorama is the one have been nibbling away at. Cant imagine Bryan Cooper will let the best horse in the yard end up in the 4 miler. Drinmore will tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Will help bring The World's End mark down for the Ultima
    Was my initial reaction, UTPT was beat in the exact same race before winning it. If he could come down to somewhere between 145 and 152 he would be in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Folski View Post
    Was my initial reaction, UTPT was beat in the exact same race before winning it. If he could come down to somewhere between 145 and 152 he would be in great shape.
    dropped to 152 - could have been nearer 150 for me as race looked easy to gauge but Mr handicapper thinks different.
    I think it needs to drop to mid 140's at least for me to have a real interest for Ultima as it travels lovely but has yet to see out truly competitive races especially on stiffer tracks. I thought it was overrated.

Another Henderson inmate in action at Newbury was Santini, who won a Grade One novice hurdle at Aintree in the spring.
    He is due to kick off his career over fences at the Berkshire circuit next week.
    “He’s got options of the two-and-a-half-mile novice chase on the Friday and the three-mile novice chase on the Saturday and I’m favouring the former as I don’t like going three miles with them first time,” said the trainer.
    “It’s going to be seriously competitive, but he’s a very laid-back horse and a great jumper.
    “He’s schooled and does that very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by Old Vic View Post
    Another Henderson inmate in action at Newbury was Santini, who won a Grade One novice hurdle at Aintree in the spring.
    He is due to kick off his career over fences at the Berkshire circuit next week.
    “He’s got options of the two-and-a-half-mile novice chase on the Friday and the three-mile novice chase on the Saturday and I’m favouring the former as I don’t like going three miles with them first time,” said the trainer.
    “It’s going to be seriously competitive, but he’s a very laid-back horse and a great jumper.
    “He’s schooled and does that very well.”
    I think Nicholls has Topofthegame earmarked for the 3m chase on the Saturday Old Vic, should be a very informative weekend.

Would be nice if they both then went to Kempton for Kauto Star novice chase.
    Last edited by SeanRock; Yesterday at 05:19 PM.

Obviously Cheltenham and Punchestown are the End game , But isn't it great when the season gets underway
    proper and you get these sort of clashes , probably still need some
    more Rain though < Generally speaking.