Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Maybe 5 was a little high because of the ones in the betting some won't be running for definite now....

Delta Work
    Champagne Classic
    Blow By Blow
    Cracking Smart (not anymore)
    Carter McKay
    Dortmund Park

Meh, the fact there is little risk changes so much. IF I couldn't get a large chunk back I wou;dn't consider it, but I can see the point.

He wasn't on my radar at all, I still don't hugely fancy him and yet still I can see myself backing him.

Scary world.
    Dortmund park isn't chasing.
    Cracking smart isn't either.
    Delta works rsa
    Champagne classic has pace travelled like a dream throughout the martin pipe. could be jlt if not RSA

Leaves you with Carter McKay.

And glenloe .....
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Dortmund park isn't chasing.
      Cracking smart isn't either.
      Delta works rsa
      Champagne classic has pace travelled like a dream throughout the martin pipe. could be jlt if not RSA

Leaves you with Carter McKay.

And glenloe .....
      Yes I know, I said that in my post.

Your spelling is about as good as your reading

Comment

Yes I know, I said that in my post.

Your spelling is about as good as your reading
        After race at*Cheltenham Fri, 17th Mar, 2017 (1st)**I was lucky the ride came up and I put a call in and got it, but then I got offered another ride and Gordon wouldn't let me off him. He travelled everywhere, jumped every hurdle and was a winner all the way really. Gordon's had an unbelievable week and it's a privilege to ride for him. It's been an amazing week. To beat Willie, with the strength he has - and he's an amazing trainer - is brilliant. It's a credit to the staff and the owners, I'm part of a team so we'll enjoy it. Coming over I was hoping for one and we won the first race with Labaik so everything else has been a bonus. It's unbelievable, we had three winners Tuesday and had a bit of a drink, too much so we haven't touched a drop since. When we get home next week we'll have a staff party. Apple's Jade winning was sweet, Cause Of Causes was special but winning the Martin Pipe race is great.**Gordon*

Comment

Glenloe surely chasing is a HUGE after thought?

They've stuck with hurdles for 3 years to win the Pertemps, he hasn't done it (unlucky sure), but still... it's only the Pertemps?

If he any scope wahtsoever to be a chaser, he'd have been chasing by now...?

It'll take some convincing, and I'd still think Jerrysback is more likely for Derek O'Connor to ride?
          Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          That was the whole point with glenloe. Show as little as possible.

On the day itself when it mattered. glenloe and delta work were equal. Good form.
          From my first post, this answer is the one that has changed my mind. I think that's a good point.

WHole point of the forum for me is to ask questions to help form better opinions. I'd written Glenloe off (by not even thinking about him), I think it's good to try and knock a bet first until there is nothing left to knock.

25/1 with cashout is perfectly reasonable.

Added

Comment

Alright you missed the back class angle
            I was done for a place on mossback too. In all honesty I thought mossback was going to win at the time. I'll have to watch it back as I could have been wrong.

Comment

• Ah that was when O'Leary said it's the worst horse he owns.

Comment

• Can I just say I was on Rathvinden before both of ye :P

I met Willie leaving Listowel in Sept and he told me back him for the 4miler, he wasn't even listed in the betting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                  Can I just say I was on Rathvinden before both of ye :P

I met Willie leaving Listowel in Sept and he told me back him for the 4miler, he wasn't even listed in the betting.

Nothing like a bit of aftertiming after he'd already been put up.

Comment

• Iv added malldini aswell at 33s with cashback.

Fav for this before he switched to the Kim Muir.
                    Plenty of experiance. Very good course form. Rated 149 and won't be going for the Kim Muir again. Reappearance was fine.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Good discussion gents, After I posted I also asked for prices on both the horses I mentioned. Like Scooby said they came back with 25/1 for Glenloe which I have backed and 150/1 on Pallasator but you need to ring them to put that on.

I have Rathvinden down for the National but if he rocks up here I will be on as I do like that horse. Thing is will he run potentially a gruelling 4 miles here then the same again a few weeks later over the national fences. Would be some ask that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                        Good discussion gents, After I posted I also asked for prices on both the horses I mentioned. Like Scooby said they came back with 25/1 for Glenloe which I have backed and 150/1 on Pallasator but you need to ring them to put that on.

I have Rathvinden down for the National but if he rocks up here I will be on as I do like that horse. Thing is will he run potentially a gruelling 4 miles here then the same again a few weeks later over the national fences. Would be some ask that.
                        Rathvinden can’t run in this again as it’s for novices isn’t it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muswell View Post
                          Rathvinden can’t run in this again as it’s for novices isn’t it?
                          Correct. We were on him last year.
                          He can't run again.

Comment

• I asked 365 for a price on Glenloe for this 2 weeks ago and they only offered 25/1. Im not a taker yet. We'll have a better idea after the Christmas period for sure. Mall Dini interesting as well.

Comment

40 pts on a "novelty" bet.

Wouldn't bother putting the work into ante post punting if I was throwing points away like that
                              Wasn’t doing a great deal of antepost then
                              Much more NRNB
                              Novelty or not
                              In a three runner race 5-2 was ridiculous with corals about 2 months prior
                              If anyone offered 2-1 or above for Ireland again I’d make it my biggest bet ever

Comment

• This made me chuckle on a Twitter

“The year is 2028:

Annamix is favourite for the Supreme and Mall Dini has just finished 3rd in the Mall Dini Beginners Chase at Gowran Park.”

Comment

Working...
                                X