Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    I see that Tower Bridge , trained by Joseph O'brien also listed for this race , J.p. Mcmanus owned .
    Yeah another worth keeping an eye on BC.

Finished 3rd behind Santini (and ahead of Ok Corral 5th) at Aintree didn't he

Comment

Cracking Smart would probably interest me most at this very early stage! He looked an out in out dour stayer last season!

Champagne Classic is a great shout too lads had forgotten how good his spring form was last year.
      Last edited by SeanRock; 15 August 2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Just been reading an article by Neill Mulholland - " Impulsive star will remain a Novice which should work in his favour.
        And a return trip to Cheltenham for the 4 miler in 2019 is already
        the Long term aim "

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          Just been reading an article by Neill Mulholland - " Impulsive star will remain a Novice which should work in his favour.
          And a return trip to Cheltenham for the 4 miler in 2019 is already
          the Long term aim "
          Interesting! Was quite keen at a big price last year, I'd want 3 figures before considering a bet this year, but interesting. Experience is important but 24L is a long wa to make up

Comment

Tim Vaughan’s Debece is going chasing & could be a dark horse for the 4miler, never really fulfilled his potential over hurdles but is a big unexposed athletic type that appears to stay all day!

May need to request a price!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
              Tim Vaughan’s Debece is going chasing & could be a dark horse for the 4miler, never really fulfilled his potential over hurdles but is a big unexposed athletic type that appears to stay all day!

May need to request a price!
              I know jono has Debece on his radar... I thought he'd show better than he did at Aintree so I've gone a little lukewarm myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I know jono has Debece on his radar... I thought he'd show better than he did at Aintree so I've gone a little lukewarm myself.
                He was carrying a good weight at Aintree for a horse that hadn't seen a racecourse for 12months. Given his build i'd imagine he would take plenty of work/racing to strip 100% fit, the Aintree run can be overlooked for those reasons imo, his previous Aintree run in finishing 3rd is very solid with Keeper Hill & Elegant Escape well beaten.

Comment

Have added Ballyward (33/1) to go with Kilbricken Storm in this race for me.

It's not a race I put large stakes on but I like to go 3 or 4 handed into, will wait now until a clearer picture is up with the Gigginstown & JP runners too.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Have added Ballyward (33/1) to go with Kilbricken Storm in this race for me.

It's not a race I put large stakes on but I like to go 3 or 4 handed into, will wait now until a clearer picture is up with the Gigginstown & JP runners too.
                    I'm interested in Ballyward for this also, 33-1 very fair with 365..

On KS, do you think there is any danger that the RSA would be the more preferred target with what happened to Elegant Escape last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                      I'm interested in Ballyward for this also, 33-1 very fair with 365..

On KS, do you think there is any danger that the RSA would be the more preferred target with what happened to Elegant Escape last year?
                      Yeah, I think Kev brought it up about KS going for the RSA, but then again the same yard also put Native River in the 4 miler, so it will depend on who they book to ride IMO.

I also don't think Elegant Escape's run in the RSA will have any bearing on where KS goes though.

Tizzard has a lot of exciting, young chasers this coming season too, including Pingshou, who I completely forgot about, all of whom will be better for fences as opposed to what they did over hurdles, so if he finds one for the RSA plus he can have one in the 4 miler too then I'm sure he will be splitting them up. But it is very early to call either way, and possibly I was a bit hasty adding him to this race, time will tell now.

Comment

Not sure what is happening to Fabulous Saga but I had him for a jackpot last season (potato) and was given a very enterprising ride and still wasn’t a million miles away.
                        This race could be ideal for him...

Comment

Don't mean to burst your bubble lads regarding Ballyward & Fabulous Saga but going back the last 6 years all Mullins runners in this have been at least 8 years of age, think he has had 8 runners in that time. Of Patricks rides, who have finished 13P341, their ages were 10 8 8 10 8 8. The one I fancy for this of the Mullins runners is Bacardys, serious worries about his jumping though, the slower pace should help you'd imagine. The other one I have an eye is Robin Des Foret but I would want to see him campaigned over the winter before having a punt on him. He is being campaigned very similarly to Rathvinden thus far, he has some nice form over hurdles, does anyone know if he was injured at Cork last year or just put away. Both are 33s at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                            Don't mean to burst your bubble lads regarding Ballyward & Fabulous Saga but going back the last 6 years all Mullins runners in this have been at least 8 years of age, think he has had 8 runners in that time. Of Patricks rides, who have finished 13P341, their ages were 10 8 8 10 8 8. The one I fancy for this of the Mullins runners is Bacardys, serious worries about his jumping though, the slower pace should help you'd imagine. The other one I have an eye is Robin Des Foret but I would want to see him campaigned over the winter before having a punt on him. He is being campaigned very similarly to Rathvinden thus far, he has some nice form over hurdles, does anyone know if he was injured at Cork last year or just put away. Both are 33s at the moment.
                            Hadn't considered the age of Mullins runners tbh, but had looked at the ages of recent winners, and 13 of which had been aged 7 or 8 in the past 18 runnings which was also good enough for me to go in on both of my current bets for the race.

I guess it depends which stats/trends you follow, as Rathvinden, being a 10 year old would have had me not backing him (1 winner aged 10 or more in last 18 runnings), the fact someone put him up quite early on here meant I had already backed him, at very small stakes, but enough to cover my bet on the race, at a fair price, which otherwise I would not have done.

Comment

Thanks Folski, interesting stat that and probably suggests Fabulous Saga will be aimed elsewhere.
                              The race is generally dominated by 7/8yo, 7yo have won 7 of last 14 renewals but the Mullins age stat is crucial...

Comment

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Dortmund Park is entered in a 2m6f beginners chase at Limerick on Sunday. This happens to be the same race Jury Duty (went off 4/1f for this) started in and won last season. Even more interesting is the fact that Tiger Roll ran on the same card the year before, when winning the Munster National, he was a 2nd season novice and went on to win this race later that season.

As DP is only a 5 year old I thought it might be a bit much for Elliott to run a 6 year old in this but he did it last year with Mossback (RIP), not that it turned out well. This guy won a G1 hurdle by 10L last year. I think he is a serious prospect this year, was a huge fan last year, I requested odds from 365 earlier hoping they might give me 50s but best they would do was 33s. Tough to say what Gigginstown or Elliott will run in this as they have an abundance of staying chasers, as we well know. Happy to take a chance at this price.

I had him down as a potential for JLT but 2m6f seems to suggest he'll be going over further.

Comment

Working...
                                X