Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OK Corral is available at 33/1 for this and 25/1 (William Hill) for any race. He's a lightly raced 8 year old having missed over two years due to injury, following a two length defeat to Yorkhill in a bumper.

He progressed over hurdles last season and ran brilliant race when runner up in the AB at the festival on soft ground. He then ran at Aintree and was well held in 5th but this is easy to forgive (for me) due to the hard race he had at Cheltenham in march.

He turns 9 in January and I'd imagine he's a certainty to go over fences this season. With a rating of 148 over hurdles (probably not the ceiling of his rating over hurdles) he has the residual class to be a player in this race imo. I have a vague recollection of NJH mentioning this race as the potential target for OK Corral next season but would rather take 25/1 in case things don't go to plan.

2pts OK Corral 25/1 with WH.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    OK Corral is available at 33/1 for this and 25/1 (William Hill) for any race. He's a lightly raced 8 year old having missed over two years due to injury, following a two length defeat to Yorkhill in a bumper.

He progressed over hurdles last season and ran brilliant race when runner up in the AB at the festival on soft ground. He then ran at Aintree and was well held in 5th but this is easy to forgive (for me) due to the hard race he had at Cheltenham in march.

He turns 9 in January and I'd imagine he's a certainty to go over fences this season. With a rating of 148 over hurdles (probably not the ceiling of his rating over hurdles) he has the residual class to be a player in this race imo. I have a vague recollection of NJH mentioning this race as the potential target for OK Corral next season but would rather take 25/1 in case things don't go to plan.

2pts OK Corral 25/1 with WH.
    I have already backed Ok Corral at 27/1 any race with WH (probably mentioned in the Stayers Hurdle thread). I think this race does make a lot of sense for him.but would definitely take the any race as you suggest. IF he rematched with Santini I'd expect Santini to beat him, so you'd think Nicky would want him in the 4 miler and the owner would have no issues with that

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I have already backed Ok Corral at 27/1 any race with WH (probably mentioned in the Stayers Hurdle thread). I think this race does make a lot of sense for him.but would definitely take the any race as you suggest. IF he rematched with Santini I'd expect Santini to beat him, so you'd think Nicky would want him in the 4 miler and the owner would have no issues with that
    You'd also get a top amateur in the saddle, given the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    You'd also get a top amateur in the saddle, given the owner.
    Yeah absolutely right, Derek O'Connor on a JP owned horse has become quite a strong association in this race hasn't it.

I see that Tower Bridge , trained by Joseph O'brien also listed for this race , J.p. Mcmanus owned .

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    I see that Tower Bridge , trained by Joseph O'brien also listed for this race , J.p. Mcmanus owned .
    Yeah another worth keeping an eye on BC.

Finished 3rd behind Santini (and ahead of Ok Corral 5th) at Aintree didn't he

Cracking Smart would probably interest me most at this very early stage! He looked an out in out dour stayer last season!

Champagne Classic is a great shout too lads had forgotten how good his spring form was last year.
    Last edited by SeanRock; 08-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.