Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Ireland, a horse that doesn't win its first chase until February is allowed to run in novice chases until and including the first weekend in December.
    Kemboy had his first chase win on 27 January so is now restricted to open company. Cadmium won his first chase on 24 February so is entitled to run in the Drinmore. After that, it will be open company for him as well.

Comment

• It's possible that Willie meant the Kim Muir for Some Neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        Pretty much top of my list for horses to watch closely for handicaps FM... I know a friend of Puppy's and he was very, very strong on him at the weekend and absolutely loves the horse. As some have mentioned though, Tizzard is impossible to guess. So will be keeping my powder dry for the time being. Must admit my first thought that was the Ultima though.
        I got a phone call on Friday from a decent source telling me how much the Tizzard's like him, he even said he's top of their novice chasers, which is some statement considering they have a Cheltenham festival winner going chasing this season.

He's 22/1 with labrokes or hills to win any race. That's good enough for me.

Comment

• I thought W.M looked like the Winner there too F.M , and i think I'll go for the 22-1 A/race too,.
          Like the H/cap angle though.

Comment

• I thought White moon was the one to take out of last week's race as well and backed him for this. Didn't consider the handicaps but that's a good shout too maybe any race would have been the right way to go.

Comment

• Carter Mckay will go off fav for this if he gets to the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                Carter Mckay will go off fav for this if he gets to the festival
                I'd rather have the winner, than the fav. So many that might end up here. Would be almost impossible to pick the field at this stage.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Id rather have the winner also, unfortunately moral victories dont pay to many of the bills, but they do offer nice opportunities for laying off, and getting a few quid profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I got a phone call on Friday from a decent source telling me how much the Tizzard's like him, he even said he's top of their novice chasers, which is some statement considering they have a Cheltenham festival winner going chasing this season.

He's 22/1 with labrokes or hills to win any race. That's good enough for me.
                    If he is their perceived best novice, he won't be in a handicap or here will he? Tizzard liking to aim high and all that?

Would you fancy him in the RSA?

Comment

• I noticed, that despite Tizzard moaning about having the top jockeys for the race etc... he still ran Sizing Tennessee in it last season, and that horse ran a great race in 3rd. Not sure the jockey would have made much difference in his case as was beaten a long way. His words regarding this race were on the back of the Native River race where he possibly could have won it, but I'd suspect it was borne out of frustration than anything else, and if he feels he has a horse that can win the race he would still go for it I am sure.

On another note, those that went to the Henderson open day / yard visit, was there anything on OK Corral?

Comment

• Can see that form working out well. Mr Whipped will be a smart staying chaser too.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                          Can see that form working out well. Mr Whipped will be a smart staying chaser too.
                          I'd agree.

I'm still amazed Count Meribel got back up to win after that huge blunder 2 out, and I couldn't quite believe Jenkins finished as close as he did, having dropped away the jump before they turned for home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            If he is their perceived best novice, he won't be in a handicap or here will he? Tizzard liking to aim high and all that?

Would you fancy him in the RSA?
                            Native River ran here for the same connections so I don't see why not. CT is a higher profile trainer than he was two or three seasons ago so I'm sure they could secure a top amateur if this is the road they go down.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                              Carter Mckay will go off fav for this if he gets to the festival
                              He is one of those horses I just know is going to pop up and win somewhere at he Festival. He is on my radar.

Comment

• Connections state intended aim for Count Meribel is RSA. Mr.Whipped OR will be too high for the Ultima, so out of Fridays race I take White Moon & Le Breuil for the Ultima.
                                Cant see any of the above coming here. AIMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X