Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

August Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
    You can say that about any horse this far out BC
    Don't disagree with you Somer1, was hoping somebody out there might have a snippet for us , But some horses
    are more likely to go certain races than others , ( b.dair ) for example.
    F.w.i.w , I have A.J for the stayers in one multiple already.

Comment

What about Presenting Percy? Not sure he's in one yet.

Comment

Presenting Percy is in the March yankee F.M., doesn't mean he can't go in another .

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          What about Presenting Percy? Not sure he's in one yet.
          If the market wasn't priced up yet for the Gold Cup.... would he be top of your list?

He would be top of mine at this stage without the prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            If the market wasn't priced up yet for the Gold Cup.... would he be top of your list?

He's number one on my list for the Gold Cup and probably my best ante post bet for Cheltenham at this stage - even at 6/1.

Comment

Market is just about right for me, Might Bite earned so much in defeat last season that given better ground he has to be on every shortlist, I would have him market leader if I were pricing this up with Percy very close second fav.
              Sizing John needs to prove his health but assuming he comes back he'd be third fav and beyond those I have no idea.
              I'm sure they'll be looking at a National bid with Native River so an easier Spring campaign might be the plan for him....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Market is just about right for me, Might Bite earned so much in defeat last season that given better ground he has to be on every shortlist, I would have him market leader if I were pricing this up with Percy very close second fav.
                Sizing John needs to prove his health but assuming he comes back he'd be third fav and beyond those I have no idea.
                I'm sure they'll be looking at a National bid with Native River so an easier Spring campaign might be the plan for him....
                I can't imagine there is any chance at all Native River doesn't try and defend the Gold Cup though... let's hope he gets there though like the previous few haven't!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  He's number one on my list for the Gold Cup and probably my best ante post bet for Cheltenham at this stage - even at 6/1.
                  I'm a little torn because I want to just nail my colours to the Presenting Percy mast now but....he's the kind of price that I don't want to start building up a single on, but would happily have in doubles, trixies and yankee's. To be fair I'm lucky enough to have a bit at 40s which is probably why I don't want the additional singles at this stage....

but Penhill 9/1 and Presenting Percy 6/1 does look an exciting double

Comment

I can't imagine there is any chance at all Native River doesn't try and defend the Gold Cup though... let's hope he gets there though like the previous few haven't!
                    I don’t disagree Kev but we go back to a 22 day gap between races next year and although the stats say National winners are fit from recent runs I don’t know whether you can win 2 brutal races like these in modern racing.
                    Good ground would also reduce his chances and would they risk throwing a solid National chance away for a Gold Cup they’re unlikely to win ? I have no idea and it’s the Tizzards we’re talking about here....

Comment

Could be put off a National attempt by having to shoulder top weight, I know the race has changed but still around 20 of the last 23 winners have carried 11st or less. If I was planning a campaign for a class horse like NR I would rather have him primed for the Gold cup, and give it everything, than think about saving something for the nash, that stat is irrefutable in my mind and connections will be aware of it too.
                      Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 9 August 2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Think im right but will bow to others in the know but isnt NR a bit ground dependent?

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                          Think im right but will bow to others in the know but isnt NR a bit ground dependent?
                          He's definitely shown his best form on soft ground although hasn't run badly on other ground.

Ground - Form Figures
                          Good - 1323
                          Good to Soft - 6113211
                          Yielding - UR
                          Soft - 31F911111
                          Heavy - 3

I think it'd be a little unfair to call him ground dependant, however I'd be a believer that he's at his optimum on soft ground.

Comment

I'd like to back up a few of the others, I'd like to see Presenting Percy in at least one more of these yankees.

I'd also like to throw jono's shout of Bacardys for the NH Chase in here at a silly price.

Comment

Relegate - mares novice hurdle 10/1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
                                Relegate - mares novice hurdle 10/1 ?
                                I personally feel Relegate needs further .... she looked a staying type to me.

2m in the novice race might be a bit sharp?

Comment

Working...
                                X