Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

August Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Festival Yankee

Now that we've had the nod that If The Cap Fits stays hurdling... (thanks billy)

I know he's a forum favourite so lets start the ball rolling for August with him

40/1 (general 33/1) If The Cap Fits

I’d be happy to go with ITCF having followed him since his bumper days.

I was gutted when the sidestepped the chanpion bumper but that was nothing compared to last season when he missed the Supreme. I was as sick as a parrot with that one.

But this is his year. 40s is a nonsense price. He ought to be half that.

Comment

I really think Topofthegame for the RSA warrants consideration for one of the monthly yankees. I know Samcro could oppose but his target is still very much up i the air!

He's short as 14's with Sky but 25's with Laddies which i boosted to 30's on my single.

Comment

No probs with ITCF, already took a flyer in backing him

Comment

Shall we make this month a bet of horses that either missed Cheltenham or missed late season intended targets?

This could well be the bet to throw Annamix at it so?

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
            Shall we make this month a bet of horses that either missed Cheltenham or missed late season intended targets?

If we are not doing this, I’d like to get Commander of Fleet in the Ballymore into one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
              I really think Topofthegame for the RSA warrants consideration for one of the monthly yankees. I know Samcro could oppose but his target is still very much up i the air!

He's short as 14's with Sky but 25's with Laddies which i boosted to 30's on my single.
              Fully behind this Sean.
              I know you've been keen for a long time and I'm definitely of the same opinion.

I am in the minority that DOES think Samcto turns up here but the bookies disagree so if I'm wrong then happy days. We're closely bookie dependant worth the price discepancy so be it

Comment

The thing that'd put me off that is that we're trying to find 4 .... so we are saying to get value that every single festival there are 4 obvious horses that WOULD have won that didn't make it.

Now technically I'm confident you could argue we find season 4 horses that end up very good horses didn't run .... but to pick out those 4 (taking in to account injured superstars) makes it really tough to find one, let alone 4 in the same bet ?

Comment

If we are not doing this, I’d like to get Commander of Fleet in the Ballymore into one of these.
                  I can see Felix Desjy aimed at that race for the same connections. Be interesting from thestable tours in a few weeks which one of the pair Elliott prefers - assuming they both go hurdling and over the 2m 4f trip as you’d expect with both.

Comment

I like Felix and Commander myself - 2 top rospects.
                    I have Felix as Supreme as very keen and 2m trip suit, Commander settled and easily get longer Ballymore trip
                    Just my gut feeling

Comment

How confident are you on the target ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Fully behind this Sean.
                        I know you've been keen for a long time and I'm definitely of the same opinion.

I am in the minority that DOES think Samcto turns up here but the bookies disagree so if I'm wrong then happy days. We're closely bookie dependant worth the price discepancy so be it
                        Personally think Samcro will go for the JLT before an assault on the Gold Cup the following year. Gigginstown will be very weary of the toll the 3m around HQ takes on novices after No More Heroes woes, even Don Poli never quite looked the same after his win. Death Duty was heading the 2m 5f route before injury this season with caution in mind. With that angle in mind Topofthegame with another years racing/maturity under his belt (like Presenting Percy) is sticking out like a sore thumb to me.
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 4 August 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Any horse that ended last season either injured or recovering from injury should be avoided like the plague until they get an entry this season.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            Any horse that ended last season either injured or recovering from injury should be avoided like the plague until they get an entry this season.
                            Agreed. I certainly wouldn't like to put more than one of them in a Yankee

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                              Personally think Samcro will go for the JLT before an assault on the Gold Cup the following year. Gigginstown will be very weary of the toll the 3m around HQ takes on novices after No More Heroes woes, even Don Poli never quite looked the same after his win. Death Duty was heading the 2m 5f route before injury this season with caution in mind. With that angle in mind Topofthegame with another years racing/maturity under his belt (like Presenting Percy) is sticking out like a sore thumb to me.
                              I think the RSA being too hard on novices is a myth. A serious amount of good horses come out of that race year after year.

Comment

Working...
                              X