Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Think im right but will bow to others in the know but isnt NR a bit ground dependent?

Quote Originally Posted by somer1 View Post
    Think im right but will bow to others in the know but isnt NR a bit ground dependent?
    He's definitely shown his best form on soft ground although hasn't run badly on other ground.

Ground - Form Figures
    Good - 1323
    Good to Soft - 6113211
    Yielding - UR
    Soft - 31F911111
    Heavy - 3

I think it'd be a little unfair to call him ground dependant, however I'd be a believer that he's at his optimum on soft ground.

I'd like to back up a few of the others, I'd like to see Presenting Percy in at least one more of these yankees.

I'd also like to throw jono's shout of Bacardys for the NH Chase in here at a silly price.

Relegate - mares novice hurdle 10/1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by thistlecracker View Post
    Relegate - mares novice hurdle 10/1 ?
    I personally feel Relegate needs further .... she looked a staying type to me.

2m in the novice race might be a bit sharp?

1. - If the cap fits - ch. hdle. @ 33-1.
    2. - Bacardys - n.h.chs. @33-1.
    3. - Topofthegame - r.s.a chs. @25-1.
    4. - Presenting percy - gold cup. @6-1 .
    Suggestion,.for the yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I personally feel Relegate needs further .... she looked a staying type to me.

2m in the novice race might be a bit sharp?
    Her finish was very strong coming from all that way back, suggests she could go further

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    1. - If the cap fits - ch. hdle. @ 33-1.
    2. - Bacardys - n.h.chs. @33-1.
    3. - Topofthegame - r.s.a chs. @25-1.
    4. - Presenting percy - gold cup. @6-1 .
    Suggestion,.for the yankee.
    I would be happy with this but open to persuasion about numbers 1 and 3!

Cheers Kev your a star (rage) lol lol. And he was one of my fav horses.Nice info mate.

Quote Originally Posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    I would be happy with this but open to persuasion about numbers 1 and 3!
    Few snippets from previous threads of my angle on Topofthegame, cpfcpatriot!

"Topofthegame looks a nice prospect for the RSA. He’s a huge scopey type that looks made for jumping a fence. I think it was a shrewd move from Nicholls keeping his novice status for next season after he fell on his chasing debut. A backward type he should fill out into his massive frame in time and will be a lot stronger come next year. I wasn’t sure if Cheltenham would suit him but he ran a blinder in the Coral Cup and 16/1 isn’t too bad a price."

"Iv probably mentioned before but I think Topofthegame @ 25’s with Ladbrokes for the RSA is great value, he’s built for chasing so the fact he finished 2nd in the Coral Cup speaks volumes including a fondness for the track, very similar profile to Presenting Percy before his win this year! Nicholls keeping his novice status intact was a shrewd move as imo being a 7yr old is a big plus given how much endurance is required! I’ve included him in a large e/w single & quite a few multiples already!"

Watch his chase debut at Newbury from last year he reminds me a little of Might Bight with his athleticism & natural scope for fences (before his novice like clumsy fall obviously). Whatever he did over hurdles was "only a bonus before he goes chasing" in Harry Derhams words.

Noel Fehily (Paul Ferguson's JTF 17/18)
    "A big lean horse, he will nothing but improve as he gets a bit stronger. I was very pleasantly surprised with his run at Cheltenham. He should be a much better chaser and is a horse to look at, that it is hard to believe he achieved what he did of hurdles. He is massive and will improve as he strengthens up"

Nick Scholfield (Paul Ferguson's JTF 17/18)
    "He's a lovely horse, he's taken a bit of time, a big raw horse, a really old fashioned Denman style of horse. He ran well over hurdles, but he's a proper staying chaser in the making and, while he will probably do well this season, looking forward ahead he will probably be even better."
    Last edited by SeanRock; 08-10-2018 at 08:18 PM.