Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

August Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. - If the cap fits - ch. hdle. @ 33-1.
    2. - Bacardys - n.h.chs. @33-1.
    3. - Topofthegame - r.s.a chs. @25-1.
    4. - Presenting percy - gold cup. @6-1 .
    Suggestion,.for the yankee.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I personally feel Relegate needs further .... she looked a staying type to me.

2m in the novice race might be a bit sharp?
      Her finish was very strong coming from all that way back, suggests she could go further

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        1. - If the cap fits - ch. hdle. @ 33-1.
        2. - Bacardys - n.h.chs. @33-1.
        3. - Topofthegame - r.s.a chs. @25-1.
        4. - Presenting percy - gold cup. @6-1 .
        Suggestion,.for the yankee.
        I would be happy with this but open to persuasion about numbers 1 and 3!

Comment

Cheers Kev your a star (rage) lol lol. And he was one of my fav horses.Nice info mate.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
            I would be happy with this but open to persuasion about numbers 1 and 3!
            Few snippets from previous threads of my angle on Topofthegame, cpfcpatriot!

"Topofthegame looks a nice prospect for the RSA. He’s a huge scopey type that looks made for jumping a fence. I think it was a shrewd move from Nicholls keeping his novice status for next season after he fell on his chasing debut. A backward type he should fill out into his massive frame in time and will be a lot stronger come next year. I wasn’t sure if Cheltenham would suit him but he ran a blinder in the Coral Cup and 16/1 isn’t too bad a price."

"Iv probably mentioned before but I think Topofthegame @ 25’s with Ladbrokes for the RSA is great value, he’s built for chasing so the fact he finished 2nd in the Coral Cup speaks volumes including a fondness for the track, very similar profile to Presenting Percy before his win this year! Nicholls keeping his novice status intact was a shrewd move as imo being a 7yr old is a big plus given how much endurance is required! I’ve included him in a large e/w single & quite a few multiples already!"

Watch his chase debut at Newbury from last year he reminds me a little of Might Bight with his athleticism & natural scope for fences (before his novice like clumsy fall obviously). Whatever he did over hurdles was "only a bonus before he goes chasing" in Harry Derhams words.

Noel Fehily (Paul Ferguson's JTF 17/18)
            "A big lean horse, he will nothing but improve as he gets a bit stronger. I was very pleasantly surprised with his run at Cheltenham. He should be a much better chaser and is a horse to look at, that it is hard to believe he achieved what he did of hurdles. He is massive and will improve as he strengthens up"

Nick Scholfield (Paul Ferguson's JTF 17/18)
            "He's a lovely horse, he's taken a bit of time, a big raw horse, a really old fashioned Denman style of horse. He ran well over hurdles, but he's a proper staying chaser in the making and, while he will probably do well this season, looking forward ahead he will probably be even better."
            Last edited by SeanRock; 10 August 2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

your'e selling him to me SeanRock , Again i have already have a single for the R.s.a @ 20-1, but will do in some multiples whether
              we pick him for the yankee or not.

Comment

I would be fine with TOTG too.

I’ve been convinced I’m this thread enough to perhaps throw a few quid on him as a single too

Comment

Let’s go with Topatthegame.

Though next month, I’d like to also get Santini into a Yankee as Hendo said anything over hurdles was a bonus and he wants good ground.

Comment

Was anybody else listening to atr late afternoon? Guy on there.made a good case for Slate house in the Arkle, never crossed my kind, also keen on Paloma blue for the same race, 25's and 16's respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      Was anybody else listening to atr late afternoon? Guy on there.made a good case for Slate house in the Arkle, never crossed my kind, also keen on Paloma blue for the same race, 25's and 16's respectively.
                      I’ve wanted both of those up in previous months, especially Paloma Blue. He wouldn’t be a bad option for a 4th choice.

Comment

I’ve wanted both of those up in previous months, especially Paloma Blue. He wouldn’t be a bad option for a 4th choice.
                        Was going to say you’ve fancied him for the Arkle most months. I think you have definitely fought his corner well enough where he should be in. You made an excellent case on one of these threads that made me agree with you.

TOTG and Paloma Blue being in I absolutely agree with.

Throw a banker like Altior in? Or is he just too short even for a yankee?

Comment

Perhaps the September yankee should be made up of horses previously mentioned but we haven’t yet covered in any other yankee.
                          Beyond September there will be info and formlines available so the opportunity could get missed....

Comment

Would anyone be averse to:

Arkle: Paloma Blue
                            NH Chase: Bacardys
                            RSA: Topofthegame
                            Gold Cup: Presenting Percy

Comment

I remember you putting Paloma blue forward cpf, looks like a sound choice, will probably do something myself to include Slate house.

Comment

With Paloma Blue and Topofthegame already seemingly agreed, any ideas for the other two spots?

Tiger Roll for the XC?
                                Altior for the CC?
                                Something for the GC?
                                Something speculative for a novice Hurdle?

Comment

Working...
                                X