Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

August Festival Yankee

Now that we've had the nod that If The Cap Fits stays hurdling... (thanks billy)

I know he's a forum favourite so lets start the ball rolling for August with him

40/1 (general 33/1) If The Cap Fits

I’d be happy to go with ITCF having followed him since his bumper days.

I was gutted when the sidestepped the chanpion bumper but that was nothing compared to last season when he missed the Supreme. I was as sick as a parrot with that one.

But this is his year. 40s is a nonsense price. He ought to be half that.

I really think Topofthegame for the RSA warrants consideration for one of the monthly yankees. I know Samcro could oppose but his target is still very much up i the air!

He's short as 14's with Sky but 25's with Laddies which i boosted to 30's on my single.

No probs with ITCF, already took a flyer in backing him

3lb Claimer
    Shall we make this month a bet of horses that either missed Cheltenham or missed late season intended targets?

This could well be the bet to throw Annamix at it so?

3lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    Shall we make this month a bet of horses that either missed Cheltenham or missed late season intended targets?

If we are not doing this, I’d like to get Commander of Fleet in the Ballymore into one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRock View Post
    I really think Topofthegame for the RSA warrants consideration for one of the monthly yankees. I know Samcro could oppose but his target is still very much up i the air!

He's short as 14's with Sky but 25's with Laddies which i boosted to 30's on my single.
    Fully behind this Sean.
    I know you've been keen for a long time and I'm definitely of the same opinion.

I am in the minority that DOES think Samcto turns up here but the bookies disagree so if I'm wrong then happy days. We're closely bookie dependant worth the price discepancy so be it

The thing that'd put me off that is that we're trying to find 4 .... so we are saying to get value that every single festival there are 4 obvious horses that WOULD have won that didn't make it.

Now technically I'm confident you could argue we find season 4 horses that end up very good horses didn't run .... but to pick out those 4 (taking in to account injured superstars) makes it really tough to find one, let alone 4 in the same bet ?

If we are not doing this, Id like to get Commander of Fleet in the Ballymore into one of these.
    I can see Felix Desjy aimed at that race for the same connections. Be interesting from thestable tours in a few weeks which one of the pair Elliott prefers - assuming they both go hurdling and over the 2m 4f trip as youd expect with both.

5lb Claimer
    I like Felix and Commander myself - 2 top rospects.
    I have Felix as Supreme as very keen and 2m trip suit, Commander settled and easily get longer Ballymore trip
    Just my gut feeling