Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    why no name ?
    Wouldn't be quite so revered if neither won

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
      Wouldn't be quite so revered if neither won
      reputation on line tipping 2 favourites. No doubt.
      John Francombe anyhow no doubt, his type of horses.

Comment

reputation on line tipping 2 favourites. No doubt.
        John Francombe anyhow no doubt, his type of horses.
        Nope. Not him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coneygme View Post
          Nope. Not him.
          It is him. In my mind.
          Until you name him.
          But I'm not really bothered

Comment

It is him. In my mind.
            Until you name him.
            But I'm not really bothered
            Ha. It's not him.

As I say, I shan't name him but I will say he won the GN in a very fast time...

Comment

Ha. It's not him.

As I say, I shan't name him but I will say he won the GN in a very fast time...
              got it now...
              fun game that.

Comment

• Paul Nicholls in a piece today, which he RT'd on Twitter: “We’ve still had good times but the Gold Cup is the pinnacle, so it’s great to be involved again. I like to think we will be for a few years to come.”

He concedes that Frodon is probably running for place money but fully warrants his chance. He will be a debut Gold Cup ride for Frost, who owes Nicholls plenty for her rise to prominence.

“Sam Twiston-Davies and Harry Cobden have both won on Frodon but Bryony is very well suited to him,” the trainer says.

Comment

Spoke to a Grand National winning jockey who's now a revered writer this week (I won't post his name) who said Clan des Obeaux is a good thing for this. He also said Delta Work wins the RSA.
                  its a quiz

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Paul Nicholls in a piece today, which he RT'd on Twitter: “We’ve still had good times but the Gold Cup is the pinnacle, so it’s great to be involved again. I like to think we will be for a few years to come.”

He concedes that Frodon is probably running for place money but fully warrants his chance. He will be a debut Gold Cup ride for Frost, who owes Nicholls plenty for her rise to prominence.

“Sam Twiston-Davies and Harry Cobden have both won on Frodon but Bryony is very well suited to him,” the trainer says.
                    I agree with the decision to be honest.

Absolutely slams home the point that despite people thinknig the Ryanair is a good race blah blah, it isn't

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      No comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I agree with the decision to be honest.

Absolutely slams home the point that despite people thinknig the Ryanair is a good race blah blah, it isn't
                        He’ll be beat just as far in the Gold Cup as he would in the Ryanair so wouldn’t say it detracts much from either race just one less talking point for the pundits

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                          He’ll be beat just as far in the Gold Cup as he would in the Ryanair so wouldn’t say it detracts much from either race just one less talking point for the pundits
                          I wish you were an odds compiler, if you think Frodon has the same chance in each race.

He's going for the better race, one he has a lesser chance in, because the Ryanair is pants.

Comment

• Can offer whatever odds you want on horses to don’t have a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                              Can offer whatever odds you want on horses to don’t have a chance
                              Haha, every horse has his price

Comment

• Turns out Frodon doesn't run here after all then, what a load of tosh them quotes were the other day and RT'd by Nicholls himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X