Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be interesting to see how Politologue gets on over 3m1f in the Betfair Chase this weekend. I wouldn't go near him at 33's with the bookies for this but if he stays the trip then the 180's currently available on the exchange would make for a decent enough back to lay play.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      Be interesting to see how Politologue gets on over 3m1f in the Betfair Chase this weekend. I wouldn't go near him at 33's with the bookies for this but if he stays the trip then the 180's currently available on the exchange would make for a decent enough back to lay play.
      It would but he dosent run ?? Goes to ascot.??
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
        Music to my ears that! Noel a very good substitute
        Hendo seen the light.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          It would but he dosent run . Goes to ascot.
          Ah cheers Scoobs.

Comment

Ah cheers Scoobs.
            King George is the plan after this though ...

I think he proved he wasn't a staying type but they seem determined to have another go

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              King George is the plan after this though ...

I think he proved he wasn't a staying type but they seem determined to have another go
              Did he prove it though?

I think he very much fits in the same mould as Bristol De Mai, in that he needs certain courses to be seen at his best. He absolutely hates Cheltenham.

2 runs and 2 convincing wins around Kempton would suggest he, like a lot of Nicholls horses, likes it there.

Now I am not saying he will 'stay' but I'm certainly not saying he has proved he isn't a staying type, I think which course he runs at is the key to him IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Did he prove it though?

I think he very much fits in the same mould as Bristol De Mai, in that he needs certain courses to be seen at his best. He absolutely hates Cheltenham.

2 runs and 2 convincing wins around Kempton would suggest he, like a lot of Nicholls horses, likes it there.

Now I am not saying he will 'stay' but I'm certainly not saying he has proved he isn't a staying type, I think which course he runs at is the key to him IMHO.
                Shouldn't have said "proved", as he's not actually had a run at 3m yet - so no proof either way.

I just meant his form at 2m last season was excellent 11124 (2nd and 4th behind Altior) - but he did get a 1 against Min on his only race up in trip (2m4f flat track aintree) - but people are doubting Min as a stayer/bridle horse...which may be proved right, so I don't think if he was a horse that would excel at 3 miles, he'd have racked up the excellent wins at 2m last season.

I really like the horse, I just don't think he's a King George horse - I think Hales and Nicholls want him to be more than he is showing he is
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 23 November 2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't have said "proved", as he's not actually had a run at 3m yet - so no proof either way.

I just meant his form at 2m last season was excellent 11124 (2nd and 4th behind Altior) - but he did get a 1 against Min on his only race up in trip (2m4f flat track aintree) - but people are doubting Min as a stayer/bridle horse...which may be proved right, so I don't think if he was a horse that would excel at 3 miles, he'd have racked up the excellent wins at 2m last season.

I really like the horse, I just don't think he's a King George horse - I think Hales and Nicholls want him to be more than he is showing he is
                  He did win over 2m, but also got found out against the best, a bit like Sizing John, chasing Douvan's tail for a time.

There is stamina in his pedigree, he has the same sire as Don Poli who I believe is one of your GN interests.

I think he is fine in the intermediate trip ranges however on a flat track you couldn't begrudge the owner or trainer for wanting to give him a crack at a trip he is yet to try.

The 2 races he has lost over 2m 4f+ when chasing, one was at Cheltenham, I think we and the trainer have come to the conclusion he just doesn't run well there, and the second one was against Waiting Patiently giving him 3lb and sticking on at the line, who some on here thought was the second coming for last seasons Ryanair, and doesn't look bad form at all.

Comment

He did win over 2m, but also got found out against the best, a bit like Sizing John, chasing Douvan's tail for a time.

There is stamina in his pedigree, he has the same sire as Don Poli who I believe is one of your GN interests.

I think he is fine in the intermediate trip ranges however on a flat track you couldn't begrudge the owner or trainer for wanting to give him a crack at a trip he is yet to try.

The 2 races he has lost over 2m 4f+ when chasing, one was at Cheltenham, I think we and the trainer have come to the conclusion he just doesn't run well there, and the second one was against Waiting Patiently giving him 3lb and sticking on at the line, who some on here thought was the second coming for last seasons Ryanair, and doesn't look bad form at all.
                    It's the horses actual ability that is the main issue though. Good at 2m, found out against the best - no way I see him ever being one of the best over 3m either. Ryanair is his best chance of a race win because it's not a sub-division that attracts the best horses. Altior would beat him at 2m or 2m4f. Might Bite would beat him at 2m4f or 3m...

NO problem in having a crack at all, but Politilogue won't be winning a King George or Gold Cup.

and Don Poli is a good thing.

Comment

It's the horses actual ability that is the main issue though. Good at 2m, found out against the best - no way I see him ever being one of the best over 3m either. Ryanair is his best chance of a race win because it's not a sub-division that attracts the best horses. Altior would beat him at 2m or 2m4f. Might Bite would beat him at 2m4f or 3m...

NO problem in having a crack at all, but Politilogue won't be winning a King George or Gold Cup.

and Don Poli is a good thing.
                      With the greatest respect Altior would beat possibly all in training over 2m-2m4f, does that mean the rest shouldn't compete against him?

The only way to know is to have a go, surely? I get you don't rate Politologue as a top level horse, but if that Min form isn't strong then I'm wondering why we have been keen on him (Min) over in the Ryanair thread

I can't see him being the best over any trip, but I don't have him too far off at the right track, which is why he picked up the Aintree race against Min last season. And I definitely could not rule him out over a trip he's never tried.

Comment

With the greatest respect Altior would beat possibly all in training over 2m-2m4f, does that mean the rest shouldn't compete against him?
                        I didn't say he shouldn't compete against him? I am saying I think he's better at 2m and I was happy with him there because of his good form - you are wanting him to go up in trip because he CAN'T win at 2m?..... I think Politilogue should compete against Altior, or in other 2mile races that Altior doesn't run in.

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        The only way to know is to have a go, surely? I get you don't rate Politologue as a top level horse, but if that Min form isn't strong then I'm wondering why we have been keen on him (Min) over in the Ryanair thread
                        I do like Politilogue, saying he isn't 'top level' isn't a wild statement, nobody at all thinks Politilogue is top level, I really like him though, and I DO think it is strong form with Min in terms of winning a Ryanair which is why I've been keen. If we were in the Ryanair thread I'd say I think Politilogue has a chance

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        I can't see him being the best over any trip, but I don't have him too far off at the right track, which is why he picked up the Aintree race against Min last season. And I definitely could not rule him out over a trip he's never tried.
                        and I did say "NO problem in having a crack at all, but Politilogue won't be winning a King George or Gold Cup."

I'd add he won't win a Champion Chase either...

Alright, it isn't impossible that he could win, because he's never tried the trip - my initial point was, watching Politilogue race, it was clear that he was speedier than Nicholls originally thought. I remember him saying as much, which is exactly why they dropped him back in trip last season and he put together his impressive string of 1s. I am questioning WHY this season Nicholls now thinks he's going tio be a staying type. I think he's too speedy to be a stayer.
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 23 November 2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Anyone want to follow me in on Clan Des Obeaux for the triple crown? 150/1

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                            Anyone want to follow me in on Clan Des Obeaux for the triple crown? 150/1
                            He's no chance. But if you fancy him he'd be miles bigger backing him individually for each race.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                              Anyone want to follow me in on Clan Des Obeaux for the triple crown? 150/1
                              Wouldn't back that at 500/1

Comment

Wouldn't back that at 500/1
                                Me neither, as much as I think he'll run a huge race today.

Comment

Working...
                                X