Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Nothing at all to say that right now he's better than Alboum photo. Literally nothing.

What, apart from the time he won the RSA with his head in his chest by ten lengths and ABP couldn't even complete? We can talk until the cows come home about what may or may not have happened had ABP stayed on his feet, but nobosy has any idea and I think its fantasy to suggest ABP could have won the race. PP beat him fair and square yet there is 'literally nothing' to say he's better? That doesnt make any sense.

Of course ABP could improve past PP but he hasnt shown that yet. ABP has to prove he can beat PP... and not the other way around.

Rubbish.
    Alboum photo has done more. That's long gone.
    It's not his fault townend had a mad moment.

He's won
    the fairyhouse gold cup
    The 3m champions punchestown novice (bar townend)
    Savils chase in open company.

PP has won the RSA.

Can't wait for the GC
    Last edited by Scooby91; 25 January 2019, 06:57 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      If he gets his ground?
      What is his ground? He's got a Cheltenham win on GOOD in the Pertemps and SOFT in an RSA. Don't let the chat around the ground this season confuse things... he goes on anything! They just wanted to start him off on a specific type...

Elegant Escape has won a Welsh National, and he thrashed him.
      Al Boum Photo beat a Ladbroke winner (Total Recall) and todays Thystes Winner (Invitation Only) easily on New Years Day
      Monalee was 2nd in the Grade 1 at Leopardstown.
      He walloped them, WALLOPED. They're good horses and he's better than them.

When Our Duke beat him, you don't seriously think that was his best form do you? Although not like he was disgraced behind an Irish National winner when he was still a novice!

Try again
      He has a E/W chance at best in Gold Cup yet he is 11/4 , based on hype.

Everyone looks at form and read it differently , thats what drives markets , however that doesnt make it true reflection of a horses ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post

Everyone looks at form and read it differently , thats what drives markets , however that doesnt make it true reflection of a horses ability.
        100% ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Rubbish.

He's won
          the fairyhouse gold cup

PP has won the RSA.

Can't wait for the GC
          Scooby I know you think you know better than everyone else on here... but you really shouldn't call other peoples opinions here 'rubbish'.

You said there is nothing to say PP is better than ABP. They've met once and PP comprehensively beat him. Thats fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post

The ammount of people after 1 run almost a year ago. And beat in open company beforehand.

That take his rsa run as being ahead of the field in grade 1 open company, is madness.

It's samcro all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Scooby I know you think you know better than everyone else on here... but you really shouldn't call other peoples opinions here 'rubbish'.

You said there is nothing to say PP is better than ABP. They've met once and PP comprehensively beat him. Thats fact.
              And what does that have to do with anything. It's almost a year on. Surely you understand how much improvement al boum photo etc.... have shown.

And that pp with all his wealth of experiance beforehand needs to improve again significantly.

It's not me thinking I'm better. It's common sense

Comment

• I agree. Too much credence is being placed on the RSA. PP was beaten fair and square 14 months ago by Jury Duty and Shattered Love in the Florida Pearl Chase and he was sent off as Evens money Favourite.

It will be interesting to see what Davy Russell says or doesn't say at the various Cheltenham Preview evenings.

Comment

• Just to chip in on this debate. I think ABP is value at 16s and PP is too short at 3s, however I can't go along with there being nothing between him and PP. On all known form ABP is very evenly matched with Monalee imo and PP looked a class above in the RSA. For what it's worth I believe ABP would have finished next to Monalee in the RSA too. PP also has the better course form and proven stamina for the Gold Cup.

Comment

Rubbish.

He's won
                    the fairyhouse gold cup

PP has won the RSA.

Can't wait for the GC
                    Savills chase ???
                    Or round a dog track at tramore

Comment

• Too funny. De-ja-vu.

Last year you were so adamant that PP couldn't win,
                      That when 2nd favourite you said you wouldn't back him at that stage at 33/1...

Now I know that's literally a rubbish decision as a gambling man.

You already know my thoughts on ABP (very much like him) so I won't waste my time arguing a case that you'd refuse to believe. I was happy to leave it when you said if he wins the Gold Cup you'll admit he's a superstar .... that's fair enough.
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 25 January 2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                        It will be interesting to see what Davy Russell says or doesn't say at the various Chelt preview evenings.
                        Davy is a great preview evening guest but he will give nothing away.
                        I was in a box 2 years ago and he said PP was the worst handicapped Irish horse of the week befoee winning a Pertemps, what 6l ?
                        You’ll learn as much from listening to Russell’s comments in public as you will Ruby’s....

Comment

• De ja vu indeed Kev. But this one is getting tiresome. Nobody knows how good PP could be yet. Apart from scooby.

Comment

And what does that have to do with anything. It's almost a year on. Surely you understand how much improvement al boum photo etc.... have shown.
                            If that's the case why are you using "He's won
                            the fairyhouse gold cup
                            The 3m champions punchestown novice (bar townend)"
                            to support your argument about what ABP has achieved.

As a fact, all ABP has done has won a 2m 5 1/2f Listed Chase, THAT is a far cry from a Gold Cup winner.

ABP form over 3m+: 5, F, RO. He's yet to even complete over 3m

I'm not even convinced he is Willie's number 1, let alone a challenger to PP.
                            Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 25 January 2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Not many people talking about jumping and ground. PP comes with no jumping concerns and has won at the festival on both good and soft ground. Al Boum Photo’s jumping does appear to have improved, but he doesn’t jump fences as consistently as PP and we know that he wants soft ground. Setting aside the visual impression PP left after winning the RSA and speculating about where ABP would have finished had he not fallen, these are two massive points that should not be overlooked when discussing gold cup credentials, and I don't think either are particularly debatable, regardless of who you like for the race.

Based on what both have done id say 3/1 vs 16/1 is a market overreaction on PP, but I can understand why the money has come. 2/2 at Cheltenham, he won the RSA easily. People like Gordon Elliott aren’t saying things like this without him being a complete weapon (March 10, 2018) ‘For me I think Presenting Percy is the best novice staying chaser in Ireland by a country mile. I think Presenting Percy will win this race (RSA) and I’d go as far as to say as Gary said, I don’t think we’ll just be talking about him, I think he’ll win the Gold Cup next year’. .

Can’t Catch Me is right Scooby, you shouldn’t be calling other people’s opinions rubbish. You were adamant PP had no chance in an RSA, an opinion people weren't calling rubbish, so you should afford CCM the same courtesy.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Savills chase ???
                                Or round a dog track at tramore
                                Thats the name of the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X