Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    And how quickly the reigning champion gets forgotten because at double Percy's price I'd say the value lies there....
    No way I'd back Native River in his third Gold Cup to beat Presenting Percy.

He'll loom up on him motionless while Richard Johnson is flapping around like he's single handedly trying to win the boat race.

Presenting Certainty is just a better horse and has just as good reserves of stamina (probably)

How many times will Pat Kelly and Presenting Percy need to prove themselves?

He's shown he's in fine form ... so unless he's completely forgotten how to jump a fence, he's a justified favourite in my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Bet365 hanging 100-1 out for invitation only, taken each way
      Nice spot. Well done.

I can't see how on earth he'd win a Gold Cup before today but he's no 100/1 poke

Comment

• Lovely stuff from PP. He's the real deal.
        Gold Cup here we come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          No way I'd back Native River in his third Gold Cup to beat Presenting Percy.

He'll loom up on him motionless while Richard Johnson is flapping around like he's single handedly trying to win the boat race.

Presenting Certainty is just a better horse and has just as good reserves of stamina (probably)

How many times will Pat Kelly and Presenting Percy need to prove themselves?

He's shown he's in fine form ... so unless he's completely forgotten how to jump a fence, he's a justified favourite in my opinion
          Brave statements there Kev.
          Not convinced NR has anything to prove either and having been tried over unsuitable distances this year I’m of the view he has only enhanced his crudentials

Comment

• What a great performance. PP is some horse. Pat Kelly is a genius. That's it.

Comment

• Hosed up in the Pertemps. Hosed up in the RSA. And WILL hose up in the Gold Cup (Bellshill chasing him up the hill for 2nd).

Comment

• Absolutely nothing to dislike about it but all Percy has done is to run to a little below his hurdle rating. I thought that Davy was less twinkly than usual post race.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                  Absolutely nothing to dislike about it but all Percy has done is to run to a little below his hurdle rating. I thought that Davy was less twinkly than usual post race.
                  less twinkly ??

Comment

less twinkly ??
                    It's not dancing on Ice

Comment

• He's 11/4, not 4/11

He won't have chance to beat all the horses he'll be up against, because they want to beat them on one very specific day, and they've been very clear about it.

He'll be in better form on Gold Cup day than he was in today, and today he's beaten a decent group of animals.

In terms of ability, there is nothing not to like.

He hasn't proven yet he can beat Kemboy, Clan Des Obeaux, Native River, or Thistlecrack, Might Bite etc... but his overall profile means I am incredibly confident that he will...

I think he's a better 11/4 shot than Santini is, straight off the bat!
                      If I wasn't on, I WOULD be backing him at his current price, (I'd certainly want things 'rolling up' on him!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        He's 11/4, not 4/11

He won't have chance to beat all the horses he'll be up against, because they want to beat them on one very specific day, and they've been very clear about it.

He'll be in better form on Gold Cup day than he was in today, and today he's beaten a decent group of animals.

In terms of ability, there is nothing not to like.

He hasn't proven yet he can beat Kemboy, Clan Des Obeaux, Native River, or Thistlecrack, Might Bite etc... but his overall profile means I am incredibly confident that he will...

I think he's a better 11/4 shot than Santini is, straight off the bat!
                        If I wasn't on, I WOULD be backing him at his current price, (I'd certainly want things 'rolling up' on him!)
                        I'd have him over most other favourites at the festival and I don't get the knocking of his price either. He's going in lots of multiples this week.

Comment

Bet365 hanging 100-1 out for invitation only, taken each way
                          I spotted that after the race Q. Very nifty. My thinking would be Irish Nash next for IO?

Comment

• Percy has an OR of 169 and a Timeform rating of 165p.

To put it in perspective, he is officially joint fifth rated (with 3 others) of the likely Gold Cup runners and barely gets in the Timeform top ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Percy has an OR of 169 and a Timeform rating of 165p.

To put it in perspective, he is officially joint fifth rated (with 3 others) of the likely Gold Cup runners and barely gets in the Timeform top ten.
                              Do you think that rating is the ceiling of his ability Archie? I certainly don't. He's been given that rating on the back of a season racing against novices and it's always difficult to achieve a sky high rating as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Do you think that rating is the ceiling of his ability Archie? I certainly don't. He's been given that rating on the back of a season racing against novices and it's always difficult to achieve a sky high rating as a result.
                                He can certainly improve but he is a year older than many of last season's novices so there's no guarantee that he's improved as much as the likes of Al Boum Photo. His hurdle run today was only 3 or 4lb better than a year ago so, until he goes over fences again it's an unanswered question. As it stands, he hasn't put in a career performance that justifies 11/4.

Comment

Working...
                                X