Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    What is the for?

If you believe Presenting Percy was beaten on purely merit today, and that he ran to form, good luck to you in all your future endeavours, as you need it, because you are clueless.

Then again, I've just seen you doubting Racing Post and Sporting Life correctly showed Chacun Pour Soi's last run.... so .....
    Nope it was more of 'thats why he didnt win' comment actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
      Nope it was more of 'thats why he didnt win' comment actually.
      Fair enough.... mis-understood the face

It's disappointing we didn't get to see it (a fair clash), but ultimately the winner {Al Boum Photo} is clearly a better horse this season than he was last season.

I'd certainly not wqrite off Percy if they meet again though.... but I imagine he'll be over-bet!

Comment

Fair enough.... mis-understood the face
        Nope I was a backer too, always next year

Comment

• Just catching up and thanks to Scooby for putting me on to ABP at 33/1 earlier in the season.
          Next years also promises to be a cracker as well with some more up and coming stars joining him.

RIP to Invitation Only as well, wasn't nice to see

Comment

• Well, the dream didn't last long but at least he came back safe and sound. Very sad to lose Invitation Only.

David said that a horse (Percy it seems) took his ground when he was in mid-air and he had nowhere to go. No fault of the horse and maybe you'd question the decision to line up on the inside. He looked very well and, as the race panned out, he must have had every chance of running into a place. Hopefully he can gain compensation at Aintree or Punchestown.

Thanks to all for the good wishes and sympathy.

Comment

• Just Glad for you Archie ,That he's fine .

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                Well, the dream didn't last long but at least he came back safe and sound. Very sad to lose Invitation Only.

David said that a horse (Percy it seems) took his ground when he was in mid-air and he had nowhere to go. No fault of the horse and maybe you'd question the decision to line up on the inside. He looked very well and, as the race panned out, he must have had every chance of running into a place. Hopefully he can gain compensation at Aintree or Punchestown.

Gutted that you didn't get a full race out of him but like you say glad he's back safe and sound. Aintree a likely option then?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  Gutted that you didn't get a full race out of him but like you say glad he's back safe and sound. Aintree a likely option then?
                  It's an option but we'll let the dust settle first.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Well, the dream didn't last long but at least he came back safe and sound. Very sad to lose Invitation Only.

Hope all is well with your lad archie, must have been a huge disappointment to have happened so early but if he lives to fight another day I'm sure you'll take that

Comment

• “There’s a tremendous cheer from the crowd as Desert Orchid is going to win it”. Relive the epic story of Dessie’s emotion charged Cheltenham Gold Cup victor...

brilliant documentary from racing TV on desert orchid.
                      proper racehorse
                      any trip
                      any ground
                      anywhere.
                      although they had their doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIprr1hNCeA

proper racehorse
                        any trip
                        any ground
                        anywhere.
                        Nice, will watch that this week Q.

Before my time, unfortunately. Best grey I've seen is either Al Ferof or Smad Place

Comment

Nice, will watch that this week Q.

Before my time, unfortunately. Best grey I've seen is either Al Ferof or Smad Place
                          loads of really good stuff that's relevant today,
                          It was sadly before my time also.
                          the left vs right handed debate is covered in some detail
                          the ground debate is also covered
                          and also the trip and track debate.

They thought he wouldn't stay the gold cup trip for a few seasons.
                          They thought he could only go right handed and was a stone worse at cheltenham.
                          They thought he wouldn't go on heavy.
                          They thought the gold cup would ruin him.

Then he won the gold cup on bottomless ground and went on to win the king george again and the irish grand national carrying 12 stone.
                          Really was a champion horse.

Comment

• Sadly I’m old enough to remember Dessie and he was the single reason I got into NH racing, no-one can underestimate the impact he had on racing and what impression he had on the public.
                            Back in the days when you had to buy a postcard and stamp to vote for Sports personality of the year, Dessie’s total votes were good enough for third.

I don’t remember the stamina arguments around his Gold Cup participation, he won the Whitbread the year before his Gold Cup and of course went on to destroy an Irish National field with 12 stone.
                            But he hated soft ground and didn’t like going left handed, which makes his Gold Cup all the more remarkable.
                            Many of todays G1s were handicaps in his day and he would regularly lump 12 stone plus to victory.
                            People forget he was runner up in 2 Champion Chases to Pearlyman who would be Probably make a few top 10/20 2 mile chaser of all time lists.

He was a true warrior, the likes of will never be seen again....

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIprr1hNCeA

proper racehorse
                              any trip
                              any ground
                              anywhere.
                              Cheers Quevega. Something for next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X