Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel a boil over brewing already

Comment

• Fair enough....

I was desperately trying to find the post but couldn't

Comment

• I was dead against PP in the RSA. I had to reassess after the race and admit I was wrong. Wouldn't be against him for the Gold Cup that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          I was dead against PP in the RSA. I had to reassess after the race and admit I was wrong. Wouldn't be against him for the Gold Cup that's for sure.
          He ticks the RSA second season chaser box but I hate his price.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
            I was dead against PP in the RSA. I had to reassess after the race and admit I was wrong. Wouldn't be against him for the Gold Cup that's for sure.
            I wouldnt be against him having a chance. But I wouldn't be with him. There's no horse I'd back at that price antepost for chelt. Especially when he has atleast 2 trials to get through and he'd be that price on the day even if he won 1 of 2 and made it there sound in peak form.

My whole job is to find big price alternatives that have a chance of winning which is higher than there odds would suggest. . And I'm happy with what iv backed.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 24 November 2018, 08:35 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• There's no value in the price now. Could get beat a few times before the Gold Cup and still win the big one. Before the RSA I was adamant it was a glorified handicappper

Comment

• There are lots of reasons why Presenting Percy is the so much shorter than Al Boum Photo but some of the more obvious ones would be his superior jumping and course form. Al Boum Photo most definitely can throw his hat into the ring this season but he’s got to improve his jumping.
                Last edited by JackieMoon33; 24 November 2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  There are lots of reasons why Presenting Percy is the so much shorter than Al Boum Photo but some of the more obvious ones would be his superior jumping and course form. Al Boum Photo most definitely can throw his hat into the ring this season but he’s got to improve his jumping.
                  The durkan might be a bit on the sharp side for him on his 1st run. He wont be disgraced.
                  But I'd be dissapointed if he can't go close in the Lexus. Id agree with his jumping he's lightly raced and I'd trust them to sort that out, hes learning on the job. he's some engine to get away with it and still find plenty at the finish. Iv happily taken the 33s, iv a lot of faith in him and he's deffinately improvement in him. I'll be suprised if he isn't the mullins 1st string come March.

Comment

• Looking at current prices Sizing John @ 26’s on the exchange stands out. I took 21 but going in again.

Comment

• I think the 18/1 boosted road to respect is decent ew value. He was entitled to hose up as he did last time Out, but he showed his wellbeing. Hes open to improvement and he'll come on for the run. He Diddnt get his ground at chelt last year, and I like his attitude. One thing you know for your money is that he'll give it his all. His temperament and will to win is unquestionable.

Comment

• Agree Scoody, have RTR at 44’s but wouldn’t knock 18’s one bit

Comment

• I was at Haydock yesterday, what an anti-climax

I was hoping the bookies would massively over-react on Might Bite and they haven't really. I wouldn't completely rule him out because of his previous form but he's been too short for me to consider all summer and I'm happy to leave him now, the KG is a much more likely race for MB to win and he'll be a backable price for that now I'd imagine, although I think the field will have a few Irish challangers (Disko and Bellshill) that won't be afraid to have a crack at him now!

Presenting Percy fans (especially those on at 40/1 ) will clearly be pleased with the result today - but I completely see why you'd look for alternatives because 5/1 is still short regardless of what happened yesterday.

If I was starting completely fresh, with nothing backed, I'd say Road To Respect would be the best bet at 16s (18/1) because he's shown the best form so far this season and we know it's the target.

I couldn't have Native River at (standout 7/1) either. I don't see why Tizzard is so pleased really, getting beaten by Bristol De Mai on good ground isn't anything to crow about and he's way too short for me. I can't see any way I back him because he won't get anywhere near double figures and that is what I'd want.

Comment

• After the run of Might Bite yester do we think alls well in the NH camp?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                              After the run of Might Bite yester do we think alls well in the NH camp?
                              I wouldn't worry at all, they're in good form. Your not going to win every race at the top grade and he's placing them highly. Might bite has been to the well a few times. Can't judge the yard on him alone.

Comment

• Agree Kev, R2R for me is a real good bet. He was mighty impressive at DR when i saw him + i think he'd have gone closer this year if the ground was better.

One potential worry for me is the ground again this year. Yes i am mad to be trying to second guess the weather, but with how dry its been, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Winter carry on later again like it did this year...soft GC perhaps again!

Might Bite to me isn't suited by a proper 3m+ test, and he has holes in him. I don't trust him 100% and that's even after they've fixed his hanging business.

Comment

Working...
                                X