View Poll Results: Which camp are you in ....

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Presenting Certainty

24 55.81%
  • Presenting P*sstake

19 44.19%
Page 107 of 128 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1279
    Top Amateur
    Interesting Willie mentioned Invitation Only I thought he would go for the Irish National. He appeals at 65's. He was upsides ABP and Monalee at Punchestown. A year older than ABP but unexposed at the trip and bred for it.

Anyone got a link to the quote?

Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by boopa View Post
    Interesting Willie mentioned Invitation Only I thought he would go for the Irish National. He appeals at 65's. He was upsides ABP and Monalee at Punchestown. A year older than ABP but unexposed at the trip and bred for it.

No, but his handicap mark tells you plenty, 162 from memory (IRE)

Quote Originally Posted by boopa View Post

I bought the racing post paper this morning. A complete waste of money but I typed out word for word what was said.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I bought the racing post paper this morning. A complete waste of money but I typed out word for word what was said.
    Cheers.

Tony Calvin just made the same case for Invitation Only on RTV.

Top Amateur
    I backed Invitation Only 65/1. Cracking bet if he turns up imo.

Top Amateur
    I typically throw some high priced darts at the GC on the exchange early in the year and have IO at 397.0 so wouldn’t mind him winning as I’m fairly certain he will be my only runner from them

Top Amateur
    Great bet. He has a good chance in an open race.

Top Amateur
    Most people on their likely winner lists are going for Percy. As a matter of interest, what is the minimum that he has to do in the Red Mills for you to retain faith?

5lb Claimer
    The Gold Cup looks open and intriguing - who's your pick at this stage?

Gordon Elliott, trainer It looks a very open race this year but I thought Presenting Percy was very good over hurdles at Gowran last month on his first start since winning the RSA. He’s due to run back at Gowran on Saturday and if he’s on top of his game at Cheltenham he’ll be hard to beat.

Paul Nicholls, trainer History tells us it’s incredibly hard for a horse to win it again and for me there are three improving horses in Kemboy, Presenting Percy and Clan Des Obeaux. All three are high class but with the odd weather and now flu, their preparations haven’t been perfect. I’m delighted with Clan and wouldn’t swap him. And Frodon isn’t the worst outsider to have!

James Bowen, jockey It looks very open at this stage. Presenting Percy looks pretty solid but at the moment I will stick with Native River, who is very effective round Cheltenham.

Matt Williams, punter Presenting Percy. I want good, good to soft ground for him as stamina under testing conditions would still be a big question mark for me. I’m not counting that three miles five furlongs soft-ground Fairyhouse win as evidence he’s a certain stayer. He would have been travelling so much within his comfort zone that day.

Paul Kealy, Betting editor If they can get a chase run into him before the festival, Presenting Percy has to be the one to beat, but I don’t think Kemboy was given enough credit for thrashing the best Ireland had to offer without him over Christmas and I think he represents the best value at the moment.

Padraig Hassett, BoyleSports trader It's very difficult to look past Presenting Percy. He looked as good as ever at Gowran. Al Boum Photo is still unexposed and could be the best of Willie Mullins’ runners.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Most people on their likely winner lists are going for Percy. As a matter of interest, what is the minimum that he has to do in the Red Mills for you to retain faith?
    Anything like last years Red Mills and i'll be delighted.

I don't think it'll be an issue but first and foremost i'd like to see no issues with his jumping. As we haven't seen him jump a fence since that RSA win and only once in open company over fences.

I have no doubt Davy (again like last year) won't push him too hard. I really don't mind the outcome of the race as such as long as he is competitive, jumps ok and comes out of the race without an issue.

Bottom line the race at the weekend won't be anything like the Gold Cup test.

Monalee imo has far more to prove in this race and trip.

Out of the likely runners i'll have Percy, Monalee (Ryanair and GC but preference for former) and Al Boum Photo backed for the festival, so an absolutely ideal scenerio would be Monalee going hard at the front, winning but Percy and ABP staying on strongly and closing the gap all the way to the line.