Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Devils advocate here but....

if ANY horse improves and beats decent horses then they'll be cut - we are looking for a horse that will improve?

Road To Respect was supplemented so they clearly felt he was ready to win the race... so maybe he was more forward than his rivals? If that is the case then there is no real strong case to expect Road to Respect to really be any better than he was last year? So the 16/1 now looks fair enough but I don't expect him to improve out of all recognition?
    Wasn't Road to Respect due to run 2/3 weeks ago but was pulled on the morning of the race ?
    That was a clear steer the horse was match fit and has been for a while....

Comment

Devils advocate here but....

if ANY horse improves and beats decent horses then they'll be cut - we are looking for a horse that will improve?

Road To Respect was supplemented so they clearly felt he was ready to win the race... so maybe he was more forward than his rivals? If that is the case then there is no real strong case to expect Road to Respect to really be any better than he was last year? So the 16/1 now looks fair enough but I don't expect him to improve out of all recognition?
      I don’t think Road To Respect needs to improve out of all recognition though. The ground went against him and he still ran credibly. Native River didn’t improve, albeit first ever win on second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        I don’t think Road To Respect needs to improve out of all recognition though. The ground went against him and he still ran credibly. Native River didn’t improve, albeit first ever win on second attempt.
        That's fine, but the ground went against Might Bite too?

Either Road to Respect needs to significantly improve or Might Bite regress for the placings to reverse.

He did run creditibly, but I don't think he'd have won on good ground last year, Might Bite would surely stI'll have been ahead, having performed much more creditably?

Comment

Gorden Elliott training Shattered Love for this

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            Gorden Elliott training Shattered Love for this
            I'm a little surprised he answered that question the way he did.

I'd been convinced by the cases in the Ryanair thread she'd be more likely to go there.

I personally think she'll get a bit outclassed in the 3m division, and be one of the horses "not-fast-enough-for-2-miles-but-not-good-enough-for-Gold-Cup" types

Comment

I'm a little surprised he answered that question the way he did.

I'd been convinced by the cases in the Ryanair thread she'd be more likely to go there.

I personally think she'll get a bit outclassed in the 3m division, and be one of the horses "not-fast-enough-for-2-miles-but-not-good-enough-for-Gold-Cup" types
              I think she's a gold cup horse personally. Their best chance of winning it. I think the likes of road to respect will get swallowed up and spat out pre chelt by last year's novices PP Alboum photo shattered love monalee
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Presenting Percy will start off in the John Durkan and possibly Leopardstown (Christmas) after.
                Reynolds would have liked to have not started him off in a grade 1 but due to the weather has no choice. Ideally they would have wanted a couple of runs into him already at this stage

The John Durkan won't be run over his track or trip, and while we won't be bursting him to make sure he wins, we'll be hoping he can run well there and maybe we'd look at Leopardstown at Christmas after that

Comment

Just been looking through the odds again for this trying to find some value and for me Minella Rocco is standing out at 50-1. His festival record is outstanding and he's faced native river there both times and beaten him. The only thing holding me back is the fact I can't see him shortening till much closer to the festival as his form otherwise is underwhelming. But 50-1 for a horse that's beat the reigning champion twice at the festival is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Presenting Percy will start off in the John Durkan and possibly Leopardstown (Christmas) after.
                    Reynolds would have liked to have not started him off in a grade 1 but due to the weather has no choice. Ideally they would have wanted a couple of runs into him already at this stage
                    Because of his festival record a defeat or two along the way probably won't put me off... a defeat first time out in the John Durkan won't however it'll be harder to be really keen if he doesn't go very close in the Christmas Chase...

The 'knockers' won't be pleased to see him with such a conventional plan as that's the stick they try to beat him with!

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                      Just been looking through the odds again for this trying to find some value and for me Minella Rocco is standing out at 50-1. His festival record is outstanding and he's faced native river there both times and beaten him. The only thing holding me back is the fact I can't see him shortening till much closer to the festival as his form otherwise is underwhelming. But 50-1 for a horse that's beat the reigning champion twice at the festival is massive.
                      You can get 130's on betfair exchange.

Comment

• Anyone know when Nico is due back?? Really dont want to see Mcgrath on Might Bite this coming weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                          Anyone know when Nico is due back?? Really dont want to see Mcgrath on Might Bite this coming weekend
                          Fully concur darlojim. Cant have him on anything.

Comment

Anyone know when Nico is due back?? Really dont want to see Mcgrath on Might Bite this coming weekend
                            We entered Might Bite for the Betfair Chase at Haydock on Saturday and hope that Nico De Boinville will be fit to ride, but in the event that he is not passed fit by the doctor, we have taken the provisional measure and booked Noel Fehily to take the reins if necessary.

Nico is going to be assessed on Wednesday so we won’t know until then at the very earliest and Jerry McGrath will be on duty for us at Ascot. Noel came and schooled Might Bite on our new carpet schooling ground this morning and was very pleased. His exact words were ‘That was a very nice way to start the week!’

I’ve never seen him jump so well and, barring mishap, the intention is very much to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              We entered Might Bite for the Betfair Chase at Haydock on Saturday and hope that Nico De Boinville will be fit to ride, but in the event that he is not passed fit by the doctor, we have taken the provisional measure and booked Noel Fehily to take the reins if necessary.

Nico is going to be assessed on Wednesday so we won’t know until then at the very earliest and Jerry McGrath will be on duty for us at Ascot. Noel came and schooled Might Bite on our new carpet schooling ground this morning and was very pleased. His exact words were ‘That was a very nice way to start the week!’

I’ve never seen him jump so well and, barring mishap, the intention is very much to run.
                              Music to my ears that! Noel a very good substitute

Comment

Music to my ears that! Noel a very good substitute
                                A better jockey regardless, much as I like Nico.

Comment

Working...
                                X