Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Turns out Frodon doesn't run here after all then, what a load of tosh them quotes were the other day and RT'd by Nicholls himself.
    Cearly reads the forum and wanted to make me look a fool,

again

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Great read that Archie. I’m not on Kemboy (yet) but if he wins il be one of the first to congratulate you on here. You must be buzzing, I can’t imagine what having a runner in the Gold Cup must feel like!!

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
            Great read that Archie. I’m not on Kemboy (yet) but if he wins il be one of the first to congratulate you on here. You must be buzzing, I can’t imagine what having a runner in the Gold Cup must feel like!!
            Hopefully 4 places and double figures on the morning.

Comment

• A little sorry I didn't throw a few quid on Bristol De Mai when he was at a bigger price. Think he is being overlooked a little.

Comment

• Anyone think Elegant Escape could place given all the rain we are having?

Comment

• PLACE????

He will win doing somersaults and pulling 4 carts my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                    PLACE????

He will win doing somersaults and pulling 4 carts my friend.
                    I'll AVE a pint of whatever your on mate!

I said "place" for a reason. Native River won't care how much it rains and is a Gold Cup winner.

Certainly the weather is bringing EE into the equation though as he stays forever.

Comment

• This is native rivers 3rd gold cup and his last one was a seriously gruelling one. Ran in the festival 4miler prior to that. Just one gold cup can leave its mark on a horse.
                      They really wanted to run him in the denman at Newbury but obviously equine flu closure ruined that. I dont think he is 100% fit having read Joe Tizzards body language when he stated he was fit last week (scratched nose instantly after saying 'hes fit' which of course means he was lying.

I think Native river will lead for 3/4 of the race and then go out like a light and wont place. I hope he can hang on for a place but the baton will be passed to the 7yo and new stable star the legend himself ELEGANT ESCAPE.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
                        This is native rivers 3rd gold cup and his last one was a seriously gruelling one. Ran in the festival 4miler prior to that. Just one gold cup can leave its mark on a horse.
                        They really wanted to run him in the denman at Newbury but obviously equine flu closure ruined that. I dont think he is 100% fit having read Joe Tizzards body language when he stated he was fit last week (scratched nose instantly after saying 'hes fit' which of course means he was lying.

I think Native river will lead for 3/4 of the race and then go out like a light and wont place. I hope he can hang on for a place but the baton will be passed to the 7yo and new stable star the legend himself ELEGANT ESCAPE.
                        Were you scratching your nose when you wrote that post?

Native River will be just fine. I do fear the going is going to be very tough on PP and CDO though.

Comment

• I've just seen on twitter someone highlight

Gold Cup WITHOUT Presenting Percy

Native River 4/1

BetVic, it's only 1/5 the odds but I'd take that over the 5/1 and 1/5 the odds on offer at the moment?

That's a lovely bet isn't it?!
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 March 2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Elegant Escape was a good thing for this race and then Frodon won yesterday. The team all know that when Frodon just hung on to beat elegant eacape that the legend wasn't at his best, the race was massively run to suit frodon and be against the champ, despite this ee almost won it.

Looks a cast iron certainty now with that form in the bag, could be as much as 14lb improvement from EE today on tip of that.

The team wish the rest of them the best of luck because they will all need it

The champ is coming

IN ELEGANT ESCAPE WE TRUST

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I've just seen on twitter someone highlight

Gold Cup WITHOUT Presenting Percy

Native River 4/1

BetVic, it's only 1/5 the odds but I'd take that over the 5/1 and 1/5 the odds on offer at the moment?

That's a lovely bet isn't it?!
                              Would you be concerned about the Tizzard stable form? Strike rate 1-43 (2%)

Add in the totally unsuitable ground and I can’t have him at all

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                                Would you be concerned about the Tizzard stable form? Strike rate 1-43 (2%)

Add in the totally unsuitable ground and I can’t have him at all
                                Yeah I don't like the horse as it is but hard to kick him out the 4.

Totally unsuitable ground? I thought it was soft?

Comment

Working...
                                X