Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not first time out. Same for Percy, Disko and Sizing John admirable though they all are.

Comment

• If 4-1 or better is available after final decs for the Savills on PPercy then I'd say that's a damn good bet.
      Not bothered about the first time out stat, as long as trainer says he's fit. that would do for me.
      He's a similar price for the Gold cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Might get that on the day with better place terms though ?

I'd have been surprised if last year's winner, who has had a run + shown very high level of form on that run would be 4s...especially if its decent ground which he likes....but i could be wrong.

Place terms will def be better on day

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
          I'd have been surprised if last year's winner, who has had a run + shown very high level of form on that run would be 4s...especially if its decent ground which he likes....but i could be wrong.

Place terms will def be better on day
          Yeah maybe, he'd want to be a better horse than he was last year though...

Outstayed Balko Des Flop (non stayer) and Rubbishlander. (bang average)... Minella Rocco donkey'd around at 25/1 in his best run in ages in 4th. Valsuer Lido and Alpha Des Obeaux managed to beat home the fav that day in Sizing John and Yorkhill was last to finish.

So I don't think it's a race where the best horses put their best hoofs foward.

I've previously said Road To Respect would be my bet at this stage at his current price, but he'd need to be a better horse than he was last year.

First time out I'd still want Percy to be beating him (when previously I'd hav ebeen happy with him just to get round!)

*** I may re-assess this opinion in the morning

Comment

• Now 365 are NRNB - any prices interest anyone?

Waiting Patiently 16/1?

Probably won't run, but if he wins the King George they'll have to run him? 2nd fav for that.... doesn't win the King George, not going to run in a Gold Cup, simple as that?

I've just backed 2.5 pts e/w and can cash out for 5 pts.

Money back in March more than likely but happy to have that onside.

Comment

• Monalee 40/1 seems big even if you think he goes Ryanair.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                Monalee 40/1 seems big even if you think he goes Ryanair.
                So is Al Boum Photo at 33/1

Comment

• Bellshill again, if they decide he only goes right handed then so be it, but 20/1 and money back if they do is good enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Bellshill again, if they decide he only goes right handed then so be it, but 20/1 and money back if they do is good enough for me.
                    Just came abck to say that.

Absolutely.

20/1, can cash out for full stake on these as well at the moment.

They clearly want all our money tied up

Comment

• Can’t believe altior shorter than MB

Comment

• Disko 40/1 is fair. Someone add him to Ryanair with 365 please.

Comment

• Sizing John will not run at Leopardstown. They haven't been able to get a grass gallop in and he's above his best racing weight. No other issues so maybe the Kinloch Brae.

Comment

• Invitation Only

I know he's in the Savills Chase but I'd prefer to run him in the Listed Chase at Tramore on New Years Day or wait for the Kinloch Brae in January

Comment

• I am tempted to add Native River at 28/1 with PP to do the KG/GC double.

I don't really fancy him strongly for either but then again I definitely can't rule him out of the 3 in either... which leaves me in a quandary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I am tempted to add Native River at 28/1 with PP to do the KG/GC double.

I don't really fancy him strongly for either but then again I definitely can't rule him out of the 3 in either... which leaves me in a quandary.
                                He’s a horse I’ve always loved but I really think he’ll be done for toe down the back straight whem they wind it up.
                                His wellbeing is proved so we know the Gold Cup hasn’t ruined him, if it was me I’d be holding back to festival week and hitting some 6/1 ew 4/5 places and pressing the place market on betfair...

Comment

Working...
                                X