Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I typically throw some high priced darts at the GC on the exchange early in the year and have IO at 397.0 so wouldn’t mind him winning as I’m fairly certain he will be my only runner from them

Comment

• Great bet. He has a good chance in an open race.

Comment

• Most people on their likely winner lists are going for Percy. As a matter of interest, what is the minimum that he has to do in the Red Mills for you to retain faith?

Comment

• The Gold Cup looks open and intriguing - who's your pick at this stage?

Gordon Elliott, trainer It looks a very open race this year but I thought Presenting Percy was very good over hurdles at Gowran last month on his first start since winning the RSA. He’s due to run back at Gowran on Saturday and if he’s on top of his game at Cheltenham he’ll be hard to beat.

Paul Nicholls, trainer History tells us it’s incredibly hard for a horse to win it again and for me there are three improving horses in Kemboy, Presenting Percy and Clan Des Obeaux. All three are high class but with the odd weather and now flu, their preparations haven’t been perfect. I’m delighted with Clan and wouldn’t swap him. And Frodon isn’t the worst outsider to have!

James Bowen, jockey It looks very open at this stage. Presenting Percy looks pretty solid but at the moment I will stick with Native River, who is very effective round Cheltenham.

Matt Williams, punter Presenting Percy. I want good, good to soft ground for him as stamina under testing conditions would still be a big question mark for me. I’m not counting that three miles five furlongs soft-ground Fairyhouse win as evidence he’s a certain stayer. He would have been travelling so much within his comfort zone that day.

Paul Kealy, Betting editor If they can get a chase run into him before the festival, Presenting Percy has to be the one to beat, but I don’t think Kemboy was given enough credit for thrashing the best Ireland had to offer without him over Christmas and I think he represents the best value at the moment.

Padraig Hassett, BoyleSports trader It's very difficult to look past Presenting Percy. He looked as good as ever at Gowran. Al Boum Photo is still unexposed and could be the best of Willie Mullins’ runners.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            Most people on their likely winner lists are going for Percy. As a matter of interest, what is the minimum that he has to do in the Red Mills for you to retain faith?
            Anything like last years Red Mills and i'll be delighted.

I don't think it'll be an issue but first and foremost i'd like to see no issues with his jumping. As we haven't seen him jump a fence since that RSA win and only once in open company over fences.

I have no doubt Davy (again like last year) won't push him too hard. I really don't mind the outcome of the race as such as long as he is competitive, jumps ok and comes out of the race without an issue.

Bottom line the race at the weekend won't be anything like the Gold Cup test.

Monalee imo has far more to prove in this race and trip.

Out of the likely runners i'll have Percy, Monalee (Ryanair and GC but preference for former) and Al Boum Photo backed for the festival, so an absolutely ideal scenerio would be Monalee going hard at the front, winning but Percy and ABP staying on strongly and closing the gap all the way to the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              Most people on their likely winner lists are going for Percy. As a matter of interest, what is the minimum that he has to do in the Red Mills for you to retain faith?
              Similar to jono...

1. Show he can still jump efficiently.
              2. Not get out paced
              3. Not get touched by the whip

A hands and heels defeat, or similar style to losing to Our Duke wouldn't put me off.

I think you need more faith that Kemboy will stay the trip than you do any of the above for PP

Comment

• Frodon..... PN trolling!!!

Comment

• Today is the forfeit stage for the Gold Cup, Ryanair, Champion Hurdle and Stayers Hurdle. You'd expect the main fancies to stay in.

Comment

• Native River straight to the festival

Comment

• Red Mills Chase

Anibale Fly
                      Killutagh Vic
                      Presenting Percy
                      Monalee
                      A Toi Phil
                      Alpha Des Obeaux
                      Bachasson
                      Edwulf

Comment

• Running out of options for a Cheltenham prep race for Al Boum Photo?

Comment

• Sizing John out for the season according to Robbie Power

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                            Red Mills Chase

Anibale Fly
                            Killutagh Vic
                            Presenting Percy
                            Monalee
                            A Toi Phil
                            Alpha Des Obeaux
                            Bachasson
                            Edwulf
                            Well you can rule out Edwulf and Anibale Fly, neither of those will be quick enough.
                            A Toi Phil isn't good enough and Alpha Des Obeaux also wants further...

The Mullins pair, Killultagh Vic and Bachasson are both interesting and at 10s and 7s I'll look closer at them...

Monalee is going to have the ride he should have had in the JLT (and hopefully gets in the Ryanair).... big player?

Presenting Percy holds him comfortably on their RSA run, but with match fitness and the trip will be against PP here and much more suited to Monalee, he'lll surely be closer than he was at the festival!

I hope to see a Monalee (Ryanair) / Presenting Certainty (Gold Cup) double coming from this race... and having backed it at 104/1 back in May 18, it's nice that its still an option this close

Essentially, PP is odds on, and anything but being involved in the photo will be disappointing - even at big ante post odds for the main target!

Comment

• I’ve Killitagh Vic at 3 figures so if he rocked up and won that would be fantastic, figured both he better and Bachasson were set for the Stayers, but WPM could be using them as yard sticks

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                I’ve Killitagh Vic at 3 figures so if he rocked up and won that would be fantastic, figured both he better and Bachasson were set for the Stayers, but WPM could be using them as yard sticks
                                They're entered for the hurdle too. Where they're much shorter prices.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X