View Poll Results: Which camp are you in ....

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Presenting Certainty

38 55.88%
  • Presenting P*sstake

30 44.12%
Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur

Smile Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Well ,., here goes ........, The Blue riband , Arguably THE Race of the Festival.
    Last March we witnessed the spectacle of Native river and Might bite doing battle for the
    Festival's major prize ,.
    For the 2019 renewal , the two above are at the head of the betting along with R.S.A winner Presenting Percy .
    Currently the market is Headed by Presenting percy @ 6-1.
    followed by ............. Might bite - 6-1
    Native River at - 8-1
    Footpad - 16-1
    Sizing John at - 20-1
    Bellshill - 25-1
    Douvan - 25-1
    Road to Respect - 25-1
    Shattered love - 25-1
    Al Boum Photo -33-1
    Terrefort - 33-1
    Waiting Patiently - 33-1
    Killultagh Vic - 33-1
    Monalee -33-1
    Thistlecrack -33-1
    Bristol de mai -33-1
    Faugheen -33-1
    Balko des flos -40-1
    Disko -40-1
    Anibale fly -40-1
    Definitely red -40-1
    Benie des dieux -40-1
    Willoughby court -50-1
    Clan des obeaux -50-1
    Blaklion -50-1
    Kemboy -50-1
    Coney island -50-1
    Minella rocco -50-1
    Total recall -50-1
    Altior -50-1
    Samcro -50-1
    Invitation only -66-1
    Black corton -66-1
    And Last But not Least- Tiger Roll -100-1.
    So the List is Long , Too long for me to detail every one ,. But i suppose you could pick
    maybe 6 or 8 who probably won't line up , and maybe another half dozen ??, who are
    probably not the most likely winners, But that still leaves a Tidy puzzle to pick .
    For me personally , I'm in the Presenting percy camp , BUT , I also think that if he's lightly
    Campaigned again , Native river could have a say.I Was all over Might bite last season ,
    But the 10 year old stat niggles me . I really think Last march was his Best chance of
    success, Road to respect has to have a shout , and if Anibale fly runs again and does'nt
    go over longer trips , i.e the G,national ,also in my reckoning .. So my net is cast wide at the
    moment , But right now if i had to pick one out , it's Percy for me.

Assuming it’s not heavy ground, Might Bite will go very well. I’d have him favourite at about 4/1 at this stage. Have been nibbling at the 13/2 available.

I don’t trust the trainer of PP to not prep him weirdl like he did before the RSA. He got away with it then but he won’t for a Gold Cup.

For me, Might Bite (13/2) wins the 2019 Gold Cup

All things considered, I think Might Bite should be favourite at this stage. If the ground wasn't like a ploughed field last season, he'd (more than likely) already be a gold cup winner.

PP will have to improve but he appears to be heading in the right direction. I have no concerns over the trainer at all, in fact, I see him as a positive given his Cheltenham record.

Top Amateur
    Currently have:

Bellshill @ 90
    Minella Rocco @ 150
    Road To Respect @ 44
    Presenting Percy @ 8
    Sizing John @ 22
    Disko @ 70
    Blaklion @ 370
    Coney Island @ 170
    Anibale Fly @ 150
    Yorkhill @ 380
    Politilogue @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Assuming it’s not heavy ground, Might Bite will go very well. I’d have him favourite at about 4/1 at this stage. Have been nibbling at the 13/2 available.

I don’t trust the trainer of PP to not prep him weirdl like he did before the RSA. He got away with it then but he won’t for a Gold Cup.

For me, Might Bite (13/2) wins the 2019 Gold Cup
    What is the thinking behind him being a 4/1 shot for you MoM? I'm always interested if people make their own market.

I'd agree he (Might Bite) sets the standard but I think the staying novices were a very good bunch overall with some very exciting horses (like Presenting Percy) at the top of the class ... so I'm not in any rush to get Might Bite in the book, but I wouldn't be in a rush for PP at his price either!

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    All things considered, I think Might Bite should be favourite at this stage. If the ground wasn't like a ploughed field last season, he'd (more than likely) already be a gold cup winner.

PP will have to improve but he appears to be heading in the right direction. I have no concerns over the trainer at all, in fact, I see him as a positive given his Cheltenham record.
    Pat Kelly is am excellent pot hunter and target trainer for me as well. No way I'd see him as a negative. You don't win an RSA or Festival handicap or two with such a small string unless you've got a lot of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    What is the thinking behind him being a 4/1 shot for you MoM? I'm always interested if people make their own market.

I'd agree he (Might Bite) sets the standard but I think the staying novices were a very good bunch overall with some very exciting horses (like Presenting Percy) at the top of the class ... so I'm not in any rush to get Might Bite in the book, but I wouldn't be in a rush for PP at his price either!
    There’s not much science to it tbh Kev. I just think of it that if I had to make a market, I’d have him at about 4/1.

Family often ask me what I’d price up a race/football match etc and I’m isually pretty close to what the real betting market turns out to be. All guessing really isn’t it.

For what it’s worth, I’d have it:
    Might Bite - 4/1
    Presenting Percy - 5/1
    Native River - 15/2
    Sizing John - 10/1
    Road To Reapect - 12/1
    Thistlecrack - 16/1
    Annibale Fly - 16/1
    Balko Des Flos - 18/1
    Douvan - 20/1
    Bellshill - 20/1
    Waiting Patiently - 25/1
    Footpad - 25/1
    Monalee - 28/1
    Al Boum Photo 33/1
    Shattered Love - 33/1
    Samcro - 40/1
    Bristol De Mai - 40/1
    Bar - 50/1

a bit from Donn ( from a while back)

RSA Chase form gets stronger still
    The form of this year’s RSA Chase continues to get stronger.

The winner Presenting Percy has not run again since, but the second Monalee would surely have gone close to winning the Grade 1 Growise Champion Novice Chase at Punchestown had he not come down at the second last fence. Henry de Bromhead’s horse had just hit the front and he appeared to be travelling better than any of his rivals when he got the second last fence wrong.

Al Boum Photo would have finished third in the RSA Chase had he not come down at the second last fence. Willie Mullins’ horse followed up by winning the Grade 1 Ryanair Gold Cup at Fairyhouse, and he probably would have won the Growise Chase after Monalee’s departure had the race not taken the bizarre twist that it did take.

The RSA Chase third and fifth, Elegant Escape and Black Corton, were both beaten in the Mildmay Chase at Aintree, as long seasons probably caught up on the two of them. They were having, respectively, their seventh and 12th runs of the season.

But Ballyoptic, fourth in the RSA Chase, went very close to winning the Scottish National at Ayr two weeks ago off a mark of 149. And even Allysson Monterg, pulled up in the RSA Chase, ran out an impressive winner of a handicap chase off a mark of 137 at Perth 10 days ago.

It is not surprising that Presenting Percy is at the top of most lists for the 2019 Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Disko at 40/1 interests me, he has good novice chasing form and has shown he can stay 3 miles. I would be concerned about how he returns from injury must admit I haven't seen much since he's been ruled out to be honest. Noel Meade also does have Road To Respect who ran fairly well I thought to take 4th last year so whether he will keep Disko back for the Ryanair potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Pat Kelly is am excellent pot hunter and target trainer for me as well. No way I'd see him as a negative. You don't win an RSA or Festival handicap or two with such a small string unless you've got a lot of talent.
    Absolutely correct lads! Pat Kelly is genius he has a very small stable compared to the big hitters but he more than punches above his weight and he knows exactly how to prep a specific horse for a Cheltenham target (It's his stand out skillset), thinking outside the box re: prep races shouldn't be seen as a negative, I'm hopeful his current price will most likely drift out during the winter because of this, so I think he's one to sit tight on!

Presenting Percy & Davy Russell were made for each other which is also a big plus, he'll have him switched off and sitting comfortably off the pace with plenty in the tank for the hill, can we say the same of Might Bite who can race freely enough.