Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    Sullivan owns Chante Neige.

Being held back a year when they had Laurina interests me a little.
    Is that a recent purchase. RP has the owner listed differently.

and where is scooby for a line on the French form?

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Is that a recent purchase. RP has the owner listed differently.

and where is scooby for a line on the French form?
    The RP site won’t reflect it until she has an entry. She was purchased the same time as Laurina, Msassa, Saglawy etc

Top Amateur
    https://twitter.com/mufc_fan_saf/sta...011712?lang=en

I've no idea why she didn't run last season but the two obvious reasons would be either injury or that Willie decided to give her a year out to mature. The Twitter comment that she will jump a fence in time would suggest that she has a decent frame to grow in to and Willie never rushes them.

Pakora has an entry on Thursday. She definitely improved the last time and you certainly wouldn't discard her at this stage.

Robin De Carlow came 3rd to Mason's Daughter on Friday. An improvement on her first run but she got taken off her feet in the early stages so it's unlikely that she'd be suited by two miles. Mason's Daughter was well backed and has appeared in the betting for March but I'd be slightly surprised if she turned out to be Willie's first choice.

Top Amateur
    Pakora is declared tomorrow but we're unlikely to learn much as the opposition is very moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    https://twitter.com/mufc_fan_saf/sta...011712?lang=en

I've no idea why she didn't run last season but the two obvious reasons would be either injury or that Willie decided to give her a year out to mature. The Twitter comment that she will jump a fence in time would suggest that she has a decent frame to grow in to and Willie never rushes them.

Pakora has an entry on Thursday. She definitely improved the last time and you certainly wouldn't discard her at this stage.

Robin De Carlow came 3rd to Mason's Daughter on Friday. An improvement on her first run but she got taken off her feet in the early stages so it's unlikely that she'd be suited by two miles. Mason's Daughter was well backed and has appeared in the betting for March but I'd be slightly surprised if she turned out to be Willie's first choice.
    Archie, what do you think about 2 miles for colreevy ? I think she could well be the best of the bunch over hurdles, but not certain on trip.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Archie, what do you think about 2 miles for colreevy ? I think she could well be the best of the bunch over hurdles, but not certain on trip.
    Well, she was favourite over Relegate for the mares bumper at the Dublin Festival so she obviously works well and she's only 5. Her pedigree doesn't exactly scream 2 miles but we always hoped that Eileen O would turn out to be Willie's best bumper mare so I probably mentally downgraded all his others.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Pakora is declared tomorrow but we're unlikely to learn much as the opposition is very moderate.
    Been waiting for the odds to come out for a few days, disappointed to see 1/4

Top Amateur
    Pakora - Very keen and a few mistakes... could be too early to say but I can’t see this being the Mullins number 1

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by thistlecracker View Post
    Pakora - Very keen and a few mistakes... could be too early to say but I can’t see this being the Mullins number 1
    She came back lame.

That aside, I can’t see her being number one either.

Have had a quick recap over Daphne Du Clos in the bet365 archive. I'd forgotten how impressive her last run at Newbury was she travelled all over Western Ryder with her head in her chest only being pushed out 2f out to win as she liked. The runner up went on to finish a close up 5th in the Champion bumper (3 lengths off Fayonagh) next time out and later finished 3rd in the red hot Aintree bumper Lalor won that ITCF's was 4th in!

Even the form of her racecourse debut where she finished neck & neck 2nd to Mares Novice runner up Cap Soliel (on ground that the winner has been proven to relish) is very solid. DDC has had another summer to mature and will surely be a stronger mare for that.