Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Professional
    Yeah i had a small chat with him last night, still likes colreevy, and hasn't heard anything about Chante Niege (injury etc)

Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Definitely respect Colreevy, and she made my shortlist, but she strikes me as a real stayer. Just cant see her being sharp enough for 2m against a couple of Nicky's, both of whom look very exciting.
    I've seen one or two say this and i can't really see why.

She travelled keenly in pretty much all her races, and was outstayed in the Leop fez meeting by two very likely stayers in Getaway KM +Relegate. I would highly doubt they have outpaced her or she needs 3miles already.
    I reckon she'll be just fine over 2 miles obviously being a winning pointer she'd go further but don't think it'll be necessary.
    Last edited by jack1092; 12-11-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1092 View Post
    I've seen one or two say this and i can't really see why.

She travelled keenly in pretty much all her races, and was outstayed in the Leop fez meeting by two very likely stayers in Getaway KM +Relegate. I would highly doubt they have outpaced her or she needs 3miles already.
    I reckon she'll be just fine over 2 miles obviously being a winning pointer she'd go further but don't think it'll be necessary.
    Mostly due to breeding for me Jack. Half sister to Spider Web but by Flemensfirth who gives his progeny so much stamina and doesn't get many 2 milers... I certainly don't think she was outstayed at Leop... just one paced. She travels well but doesn't appear to have a turn of foot.

Obviously I could well be wrong, just my view and why I wouldn't back her for this race.

Professional
    Colreevy not starting tomorrow then!

5lb Claimer
    Barrington Court bought by JP V Relegate tomorrow at Naas. Barrington Court not priced up for this but very interesting none the least. Anybody have any information to how she schooled over a hurdle?

Professional
    Very nice race that Toffees!

Relegate back to 2miles wouldn't be ideal, but as usual Mullin's isn't too concerned for their maidens.

Quote Originally Posted by jack1092 View Post
    Very nice race that Toffees!

Relegate back to 2miles wouldn't be ideal, but as usual Mullin's isn't too concerned for their maidens.
    I don't think the 2m will be a problem for Relegate myself.

Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffees View Post
    Barrington Court bought by JP V Relegate tomorrow at Naas. Barrington Court not priced up for this but very interesting none the least. Anybody have any information to how she schooled over a hurdle?
    None but I met Jessie last year before Cheltenham and she gave me Barrington Court said it was a nice horse and to back it for a bumper at Limerick (I think) just after Cheltenham, horse ended up not being declared but I backed it on all of it's next 3 starts where it finished 2nd on all of them before hacking up in a listed bumper when I had given up (typical).

I would say ground probably had an influence on the improvement and I think she's probably a nice mare but wouldn't be backing her for this.