Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Had my first real pangs of excitement for Cheltenham 2019 tonight .... I found the "To Win Any Race" markets incredibly useful over the last couple of seasons as I am sure many others did too. There are a few reasons I am keen on them:

1. These markets tend to be the slowest to react to wins/impressive performances. The bookmakers are quick to cut horses for obvious targets, but they can sometimes miss this market as it isn't as high profile. You still have to be quick, but I do remember WH being particularly slow on the uptake.

2. Novices - This is obvious, but if you can eliminate the worry and uncertainty about a target, and still be on at a price that you think will beat SP, it's a no brainer. Sometimes for the sake of 2-4 points the build up around whether that particular horse is going Supreme or Ballymore can be the least of your worries. Especially for Mullins novices as we all know don't get decided until the final hour.

3. Slipping into handicaps - At around the same time I was backing Samcro last year, I was backing Blow By Blow any race at 14/1. Now he fell away from being a short price in the novice races at the festival over the winter and was campaigned 'superbly' to pick up the Martin Pipe at 11/1. Obviously bigger prices were available ante-post for the Martin Pipe, but it nice to have the back up there in case a horse doesn't quite make the grade - especially for horses trained by Gordon Elliott!

4. The 'list' isn't on oddschecker yet... less traffic, means there are more likely to be errors IMO.

As with any bet, price is key, and its important to weigh-up the price you are getting against the price of any given target, and what chance (and number of options) available. These are all variables and I don't have a hard and fast rule for it. It almost has to be a case-by-case basis.

The "To Win Any Race" markets I have found so far are with:

Coral - Allow you to include one 'any race' in a multiple!
    Ladbrokes - Not checked this yet
    WillHill - These and Coral are the standouts at the moment
    Paddy & Betfair Have the same markets
    Sky - I can't find one horse they're standout best price on.

I'll add to them as they start appearing and edit if anyone is aware of any others so let me know.

I'm going to have a look to see if there are any I consider to be particularly good value at this stage (and it is still VERY EARLY) to be having a bet, but hopes are high
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 July 2018, 11:07 PM.

Any thoughts on these?

Willoughby Court - Coral - 20/1 any race
    Best price 25/1 for the Ryanair and must be a chance he goes for a handicap? Currently has an OR of 151 (Diamond King went off fav for the Brown Plate with an OR of 150) and also a chance he steps up in trip?
    A previous Cheltenham Festival winner, does need to prove he's sound but I think thats worthy of serious consideration.

OK Corral - WillHill - 25/1 any race
    Best price 33/1 for the Stayers Hurdle (which I know a couple of people did like on the forum)
    Best price 25/1 for the RSA (viable option too)
    Also, with connections you can do the lazy thing and consider him a handicap plot horse...
    Or even the 4 miler, with JP and potentially Derek O'Connor up!
    Finished 2nd at the festival, ahead of Santini who I certainly like a lot and although well beaten at Aintree, Kilbriken Storm who was 3L clear did the form no harm when 3rd to Next Destination NTO.
    OK Corral might not be quite at the top of the class, but I don't think he'd be a 25/1 shot in any race he turned up in, and at this stage, all options are open?! I couldn't back him in any given market when 27/63/1 is available with a WH boost
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 July 2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Pauling would have to do such a good job with WC to keep him in the running for a handicap that David Pipe might aswell pack it all in!
      Think he has far too much class for that, but 20s from 25s for the Ryanair isn’t a terrible drop in price given the what ifs of the horse coming back from injury.

I’m a big fan so would assume he will be in the Ryanair.

I’ve used this on novices this year
      I’ve already got 5U on Hollowgraphic at 12 and 14s. All free bets but I’m determined to follow my gut more this year as I put 1U on a Samcro at 12/1 told everyone he was the best thing since sliced bread and didn’t invest anymore! I also benefitted from this market with BBB, as I had a request abet of Samcro and BBB both to place in any race at 20/1.
      Also have 2U on Tornado Flyer and will probably look to get something on didtheyleaveuoutto, wasn’t his biggest fan but thought he ran with credit in absolutely the wrong ground for him.

Comment

Ladbrokes have this market under Specials, haven't checked but likely similar/same prices as Coral. Willoughby Court is there at 20s which you should be able to boost to 22s...everyone loves a boost

Comment

Am all over Samcro at 5/2 boosted to 2.69/1. Been topping up every week.

Plan to do similar with Laurina @ 2/1 too.

Had a small play on Kalashnikov @ 8/1 but will now be backing him at 14s for the Arkle and 28s JLT instead.

On the Altior, Laurina and Samcro treble at 25/1 for any races as well.

Comment

So far I've backed 3 in this market. OK Corral (for the reasons Kev posted), Samcro and Santini.

Santini is 12/1 with Hills for any race and is best price 12/1 for the RSA. It just gives a layer of insurance if things don't go to plan next season.

Comment

I'm with you Faugheen_Machine on Santini @ 12/1 with Hills. Other bookmakers have him as low as 7/1 so I like the price. Also getting on Blow By Blow @ 10/1 & Samcro @ 2/1. (I love the 'to win any race' market. Blow By Blow and Samcro will live long in the memory as some of best bets I have done! I know plenty of others were on too)

Comment

This market made my festival last year - especially with the novices and I've been piling in to a number of horses with Free Bets since the end of March...
                Chipping away at:
                Samcro (Can't boost with a Free Bet)
                Footpad
                Santini
                Black Op

plus a few others...

All with William Hill

Comment

William Hill have Santini a bigger price to win any race than to win The RSA

Comment

Been backing ante post Cheltenham for many years now with Bet 365 and never knew you could back horses in any race market till i found "Fat Jockey" so thank you guys.If only i found you sooner it would have saved me a lot of money with all the guess whats in mullins head that goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                      Been backing ante post Cheltenham for many years now with Bet 365 and never knew you could back horses in any race market till i found "Fat Jockey" so thank you guys.If only i found you sooner it would have saved me a lot of money with all the guess whats in mullins head that goes on.
                      By far in the best AP market, especially this far out. Your only concern between now and Cheltenham is they stay fit and well.

Comment

Cheltenham winners in the any race market

Presenting Percy 5/1
                        Relegate 7/1
                        Balko Des Flos 8/1
                        Blow By Blow 16/1
                        The Storyteller 16/1

Comment

Currently eyeing up adding a few more in this market; Hollowgraphic at 14s, Blow By Blow 16s & Delta Works 20s, all seem good value for me at this time, although I wouldn’t be too sure where Delta Works would run but the form displayed in the past is quite appealing in my eyes!

Comment

Cant remember where i said William Hill are 25/1 Cadmium for any race and Skybet is 7/1 same bet.Today in paddypower they offered me 10/1 same bet.

Comment

If it's any help, Cadmium will get an entry for Galway next Thursday. Whether that race will affect his price in this market, I'm afraid I've no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X