Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Open Championship 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Open Championship 2018

Post your bets.....

1.5pts ew Rose 16/1
    0.75pts ew Stenson 30/1
    0.5pts ew Grillo 175/1
    0.5pts Fox 125/1

All @ 8 places, 1/5 odds.

0.5pt split between Fox, Grillo, Forest and Sullivan on the exchanges.

Only Stenson so far 10 places.
    0.5 pts ew at 25/1

I like all the other 3 of yours picks, I imagine I'll add other 4 in total but no final decisions yet... That is what Wednesday nights are for

Comment

2pts e/w Alex Noren
      1pt win Henrik Stenson
      0.5pt e/w Branden Grace

Really fancy Noren this week

Comment

Decided tonight was the night while I'm on a roll

The big 5 are:

1 pts e/w Henrick Stenson 28/1
        1 pts e/w Alex Noren 28/1
        1 pts e/w Sergio Garcia 28/1
        0.5 pts e/w Stewart Cink 175/1
        0.5 pts e/w Ryan Fox 125/1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Decided tonight was the night while I'm on a roll

The big 5 are:

1 pts e/w Henrick Stenson 28/1
          1 pts e/w Alex Noren 28/1
          1 pts e/w Sergio Garcia 28/1
          0.5 pts e/w Stewart Cink 175/1
          0.5 pts e/w Ryan Fox 125/1
          Similar minds Kev, lets hope we're booming

Comment

Southgate @110s

Comment

Plenty of love for Stenson in here.
              I'm no golf judge but with no wind due and rock hard fairways you won't need a bomber this week and no notable draw bias which has killed many a chance over the years.
              Driving accuracy, greens in regulation and putting are the key stats for me.

My shortlist all each way:

Stenson 28/1
              Cabrera Bello 100/1
              Simpson 125/1
              F Molinari 33/1

Speculative punts on:
              Grace 49/1
              Garcia 35/1
              Coetze 699/1
              Oleson 169/1
              R Moore 249/1

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                Southgate @110s
                I heard if you don’t back him you’re going to hell

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Southgate @110s
                  It's coming home right?

Comment

Been following Niall Lyons (oddschecker) most weeks since the Masters, mainly small stakes singles and doubles with horses for Cheltenham - been going well and following him again this week. His tips / my bets are:

Fowler 3 points E/W 16/1 (actually backed him last weekend)
                    Molinari 3 points E/W 28/1
                    Schauffele 1.5 points E/W 110/1
                    Na 1.5 points E/W 150/1
                    Grace 1 point E/W 40/1

Also had 0.5 points E/W on Fitzpatrick 60/1 last weekend.

I've had a bit extra on the bigger prices on the exchanges. Good luck all!

Comment

I’ve gone bigger than usual. 17 point outlay.

Matt Kuchar - As always, Kuchar will be backed by myself. It used to be him and Reee until the latter finally won for me in the Masters. I’ve been adamant for the last three years that both will eventually win majors. So Kuchar is in here, 80/1 ain’t bad. The course may suit too. 0.5 points each way for 8 places at 80/1.

Justin Rose - Now on to the five players that I actually fancy for the tournament here rather than by habit. Firstly, it’s Justin Rose. He has been excellent this season with top 20 finishes stretching back from before The Masters. That consistency is unheard of at this level. He’s been getting closer in the majors in the last couple of years and is my main fancy here. 2.5 points each way at 14/1 for ten places. The Top 10 finish looks bulletproof even if he doesn’t win.

Rickie Fowler - The Yank is getting closer to a Major himself. That nearly came for me last year at one of the majors when he led going into the final round for what would’ve been a 600/1 double with One For Arthur in the National. Sadly, he couldn’t hold his nerve on the final day and even missed a putt on the last to place. As fustrating as that would’ve been for him at the time, he’s a lot more mentally stronger now and that experience, in hindsight, looks to have helped him. His final day game has been very good this year and if he starts well, I expect him to go very close here. He likes Links courses too which is an obvious plus. 2.5 points each way at 16/1 is my play here.

Alex Noren - I’ve backed Noren here because of his love of Links courses. That course style just suits his game perfectly and the results show. At the prices, he’s a value each way play in my opinion. 1 point each way at 28/1.

Marc Leishman - Whatever it is about Links courses, the Aussie loves it - particularly this tournament. He seems I save his best golf for here and warmed up with a decent performance last week on a similar course. 1 point each way at 45/1.

Hideki Matsuyama - Japan’s rising star has been close enough on the leaderboard in the last few majors without really going too close as his Thursday and Friday game has been lacking before finishing with a flourish at the weekend. If he can keep within five shots of the leaders going into Saturday’s round, I’d have him in with a real chance here. After much deliberation, he’s made my list of five go to six as a 1 point each way bet at 45/1.

Bets:
                      Justin Rose - 2.5 points each way @ 14/1 (10 places)
                      Rickie Fowler - 2.5 points each way @ 16/1 (10 places)
                      Alex Noren - 1 point each way @ 28/1 (10 places)
                      Hideki Matsuyama - 1 point each way @ 45/1 (10 places)
                      Marc Leishman - 1 point each way @ 45/1 (8 places)
                      Matt Kuchar - 0.5 point each way @ 80/1 (8 places)

Good luck to you all

Comment

Added Grillo as first round leader (125/1 ew). He's off early this morning and will hopefully get the best of the weather.

Comment

I went for Southgate for first round leader and Zach Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                            Been following Niall Lyons (oddschecker) most weeks since the Masters, mainly small stakes singles and doubles with horses for Cheltenham - been going well and following him again this week. His tips / my bets are:

Fowler 3 points E/W 16/1 (actually backed him last weekend)
                            Molinari 3 points E/W 28/1
                            Schauffele 1.5 points E/W 110/1
                            Na 1.5 points E/W 150/1
                            Grace 1 point E/W 40/1

Also had 0.5 points E/W on Fitzpatrick 60/1 last weekend.

I've had a bit extra on the bigger prices on the exchanges. Good luck all!
                            Had worse Sundays

Comment

Well done winners.

Rose placed for me. Gutted with Kuchar tying for 9th. My each way was with Bet365 for him as they were 80/1 but only for 8 places

Comment

Working...
                              X