Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vison Des Flos is a brilliant jumper normally, he was just a bit keen last time, pecked on landing and lost Tom Scudamore, so we’ve decided to go back over hurdles.

He’s only five-years-old, and we’ve just got one eye on seeing if he can develop into a Champion Hurdle horse, this is over 2 ½ miles but it still ticks a lot of boxes for him, he’s in great form at home so we’ll see how he gets on.

We do think a lot of him, he finished second in Grade Ones at Aintree and Punchestown, which is top notch form, and we think he’s improved physically over the summer. If after a couple of runs we don’t think he’s Champion Hurdle form, we can always go back chasing with him. Joe Tizzard

Comment

• Fair play. 25/1 is an absolute rick.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
        Fair play. 25/1 is an absolute rick.
        If he runs.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• BDA was always said to enjoy a bit of cut in the ground, so if he doesn't run it is Hendo bottling it.

As O'Leary has pointed out, running vs a 2 time CH winner so early in the season isn't ideal, still a possibility he goes chasing if this doesn't work out...

Comment

• I think Henderson’s horses in general are in need to the run this year. Samcro for me has to win if he’s to beat him in March. The horse hasn’t lost a race in 2 seasons but this should definitely be where he’ll be most beatable.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
              BDA was always said to enjoy a bit of cut in the ground, so if he doesn't run it is Hendo bottling it.

As O'Leary has pointed out, running vs a 2 time CH winner so early in the season isn't ideal, still a possibility he goes chasing if this doesn't work out...
              Why would you bottle it against samcro? He's hardly a 2 mile superstar. His air of invincibility has long gone and left him as a novice.

Don't forget buveur dair is coming of the back of an injury which forced him to miss Aintree, and a wind op.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Why would you bottle it against samcro? He's hardly a 2 mile superstar. His air of invincibility has long gone and left him as a novice.

Don't forget buveur dair is coming of the back of an injury which forced him to miss Aintree, and a wind op.
                I don't know why he would- i am saying if he does, it's probably down to bottling it- bar injury. How did Samcro lose it as a novice, he fell in an open company G1 flip sake!

According to Henderson he missed Aintree due to an "unsatisfactory trachea wash." Did something come out regarding an injury?

Comment

I don't know why he would- i am saying if he does, it's probably down to bottling it- bar injury. How did Samcro lose it as a novice, he fell in an open company G1 flip sake!

According to Henderson he missed Aintree due to an "unsatisfactory trachea wash." Did something come out regarding an injury?
                  Because He's in the big boys league now. He's no superstar as we saw last time. Iv no interest in time figures. People have gone way overboard on him he needs to improve to put upto BD. Not the other way round.

Comment

• Anyone think the going head to head with BVD early in the season is exactly the plan so they can still leave the door open for chasing this season? As discussed on the JLT thread that race has a particularly open look to it at this still early stage. Anyone going to be hovering over the 12s with Bet365 for that race during the Fighting Fifth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                      Anyone think the going head to head with BVD early in the season is exactly the plan so they can still leave the door open for chasing this season? As discussed on the JLT thread that race has a particularly open look to it at this still early stage. Anyone going to be hovering over the 12s with Bet365 for that race during the Morigana?
                      I think theres no chance he goes chasing now surely. Morgiana?

Comment

Because He's in the big boys league now. He's no superstar as we saw last time. Iv no interest in time figures. People have gone way overboard on him he needs to improve to put upto BD. Not the other way round.
                        So he lost it in his first run of this season, not really when falling as a novice- ok!

I haven't said really anything about BDA or Samcro needing to do anything, i have said with the ground being how it should be there can be no excuses from Hendo to really not run.

Haven't said anything about ratings or who i thinks better lol

Comment

I think theres no chance he goes chasing now surely. Morgiana?
                          Edited above .... but if they get beat cozily having already had a prep run surely they would consider it? Althouh not sure how much a detrimental impact it would have if they started him over the bigger obstacles at this stage in the season

Comment

Because He's in the big boys league now. He's no superstar as we saw last time. People have gone way overboard on him he needs to improve to put upto BD. Not the other way round.
                            There is definitely a case there to say BD is the best of a bad bunch, it might be unlikely but there is a case there for it. He’s finished ahead of Melon & Mick Jazz last year, Mytent the year before hardly unbelievable form. I think he won cozily last year but I don’t think Melon has actually won a G1. No doubt you’ll point to Footpad & PM in behind in his first year. Are we now to say that they have also failed in the big boys league though and are not superstars. What interests me is if BD is so good why did Barry go to Ascot to ride Harry instead of him, I can kind of understand that one for his novice chase debut but what I can’t understand is why he went to Newbury to ride some McManus thing for Elliott in the Challow instead of BD who was prob near JLT fav at the time. Now we are going back a bit here but it would seem to me BG would have thought Yanworth was the better chance in the CH.

Comment

So he lost it in his first run of this season, not really when falling as a novice- ok!

I haven't said really anything about BDA or Samcro needing to do anything, i have said with the ground being how it should be there can be no excuses from Hendo to really not run.

Haven't said anything about ratings or who i thinks better lol
                              When he left his novice season that air of invincibility is gone straight away. Hes going 2 miles hes set to face far better opposition than he ever has before.

It's the talk of people thinking other trainers are scared of samcro or bottling it if there horse misses a race he's in.
                              He's put on a pedestal (not by yourself) that's well beyond his talent. As if he's miles better than any other horse that's been before him, when in reality he's beat a bunch of staying novices over 2 1/2. And although it's possible he's still got a huge ammount to prove to think he'll win a CH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                Edited above .... but if they get beat cozily having already had a prep run surely they would consider it? Althouh not sure how much a detrimental impact it would have if they started him over the bigger obstacles at this stage in the season
                                I don't know the answer tbh. My immediate thought would be they wouldn't even consider it. But I could be miles out.

Comment

Working...
                                X