View Poll Results: Who wins the Champion Hurdle 2019?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buveur D'air

32 42.11%
  • Apple's Jade

29 38.16%
  • Laurina

10 13.16%
  • Something else

5 6.58%
Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Jono, have I remembered correctly that you know connections of Western Ryder, or is it Istabraq? Was just wondering if you knew if the Greatwood was the plan for the horse, as think he looks a stand out candidate in the absence of If The Cap Fits?
    That's the plan.

Iv a few quid on at 20s ew and I asked the owner 1st.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 11-09-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    That's the plan.

Iv a few quid on at 20s ew and I asked the owner 1st.
    Cheers... had a small bet at 16's but will top up at 14's.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Jono, have I remembered correctly that you know connections of Western Ryder, or is it Istabraq? Was just wondering if you knew if the Greatwood was the plan for the horse, as think he looks a stand out candidate in the absence of If The Cap Fits?
    Sadly Not me CCM - thats Ista. But yes I believe that is the plan still, owners son said he is Greatwood bound 3 days ago on twitter

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Sadly Not me CCM - thats Ista. But yes I believe that is the plan still, owners son said he is Greatwood bound 3 days ago on twitter
    Thanks Jono.

I cannot wait to see If The Cap Fits tomorrow.

I only have "free bets" on at the moment in singles, but they were at 40/1 so he's a nice winner.

Agree with scooby, I feel he needs to be winning this well tomorrow to have a chance of winning a CH

He isn't priced up on his form tomorrow, he's priced up on the hype surrounding him - I am a little surprised I haven't backed him with any real money but in reality the CH market has been one to be cautious of because of Samcro and I'm still a big fan of Buveur D'Air.

As a fairly blanket rule I don't like backing the horses that come out of the juvenile year - I think the ratings they get are hugely inflated and even the "exceptional" 4 year olds seem to flop. I know Katchit won a CH but it was before my time so until lightning strikes again I just want to see it before I really believe it...

I also think WHAD is priced up as if he won the Triumph, and not the Aintree race that'd have suited him way more (in regards to the CH market, not so much for tomorrow)... I don't have We Have A Dream down as a credible CH contender at this stage... but if he slams tomorrows field I'll obviously have to re-asses. I'd take him on tomorrow though for that reason.

Top Amateur
    Katchits CH was a port renewal and Sizing Europe had it in the bag before sadly going wrong.

Top Amateur
    I’m on We Have A Dream at 25/1 for the CH and expect him to win today

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I’m on We Have A Dream at 25/1 for the CH and expect him to win today
    Big shout. I'd be confident he'll get turned over by ITCF. Player if he wins convincingly though.

Top Amateur
    The stats make winning the Elite Hurdle pretty much the kiss of death for the Champion Hurdle.

Top Amateur
    Elite looks a belter, race of the day, cant wait. GL everyone today with whatever your on. Hoping ITCFs does the business but this looks tough.