Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey Billymag !!, you must have put a wodge on , L.o.l. only 33-1 now !!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
      First antepost bet today 1pt ew on IF THE CAP FITS for the Champion hurdle at 50/1, this division looks fairly weak-ish. Hoping he has an injury free season so we can see how good this lad is, he looks to be quick and slick enough to make an impression over 2 miles, and at that price worth taking a punt as i feel he will be the best novice from last year to stay hurdling (assuming Samcro goes chasing)
      Have they said he stays hurdling Billy?

Comment

Yes stays hurdling back in good form.

lol doesnt take more than a few quid to move prices at 50/1 BigChanng. Either that or PP were that scared by my power and influence they cut the price fearing an avalanche of "informed money" lol

Comment

40/1 with Skybet

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            Yes stays hurdling back in good form.

lol doesnt take more than a few quid to move prices at 50/1 BigChanng. Either that or PP were that scared by my power and influence they cut the price fearing an avalanche of "informed money" lol
            Excellent news.

I'll be building towards a 4 figure return.... big fan still.

Comment

He looks a value bet in a pretty average looking market, hopefully stays fit to find out how good he is.

Comment

Thanks for the update Billy. I was waiting to hear if he stayed hurdling and if he was sound.
                I've added 1pt EW at 40/1.

Have a feeling we may well see him nice and early, avoiding a big clash early on. After his Kempton win at Christmas time last year I'll guess he could line up at the same track on their jumps opening weekend (21st October). Was a race The New One used as an easy starting point for a few years and is generally pretty easy pickings (Hargam and Old Guard have won the last 2 renewals). Fry has had a couple of runners in the race before - including when Rock on Ruby took on The New One in 2013.

Comment

If The Cap Fits' win on Boxing Day wasn't very strong. He's 40/1 based on his actual form, and has some serious potential to shorten

Looking at the class 2 on Boxing day, he comfortably beat:

2nd Diese Des Bieffes, rated 128 going in to the race, now rated 141
                  3rd Solomon Grey - now rated 135
                  4th Simply The Betts - now rated 130
                  5th Ar Mest - now rated 117
                  6th Irish Prophecy - now rated 129
                  7th Airtight - can't find it
                  Fell - Storm Home - now rated 137

Diese Des Biefes has had 3 runs since, 1 win in a class 2 novice hurdle and prior to that, two 5th places in the Lanzarote and Martin Pipe at the festival when one of the favourites for both.

Only a couple of wins from the others but that isn't a stick to beat him with. I think jono could be right with the potential targets and he's one I just have to get onside before he runs.

He has 18 lbs to find with Melon, and 9 lbs to find with Summerville Boy... we'll need a positive reappearance but he could easily get to Christmas and be 3rd in the market.

Comment

As it stands IF THE CAP FITS will be going down the International route to gain experience rather than exploit a lenient looking mark in races like the Greatwood

Comment

Added If The Cap Fits too. 1pt win 40/1

Comment

All the right faces are on

Pleased he's going for the international too. Shows a long term plan rather than quick wins.

Comment

Ah i’ve Missed the 40/1 now, best price 33/1 ��

Comment

Is it 100% confirmed If The Cap Fits stays hurdling next year lads?

I has happy with my two very early tickets on Summerville Boy & Labaik but hard not to have ITCF's on side given how confident I was on him for the Supreme this year.
                            Last edited by SeanRock; 2 August 2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                              Is it 100% confirmed If The Cap Fits stays hurdling next year lads?

I has happy with my two very early tickets on Summerville Boy & Labaik but hard not to have ITCF's on side given how confident I was on him for the Supreme this year.
                              In billymag we trust ....

I'm taking that as 100% given his record but I haven't seen official confirmation .... I'm happy to accept it's my mistake or not though.

Pm him though, he's a good egg!

Comment

On Summerville Boy (and also for Black Op over fences) - for anyone interested in backing him at his current odds of 16/1 it could be worth holding fire and waiting until after his seasonal debut.

If you look back at some of the higher profile Tom George horses of recent years they've almost always needed their first run (he has often made this comment during interviews at the time)...

Summerville Boy
                                17/18 : Beaten 0.75 lengths 2nd at Stratford at 5/4 2Fav and also 5.75 lengths 3rd at 9/4 2Fav on his third run (did finish 2nd at 16/1 between these races). Followed up by winning the Tolworth and Supreme

Black Op
                                17/18 : Beaten 7 lengths 4th in his Maiden Hurdle at Newbury at 3/1 2Fav. Followed up 1221

Sir Valentino
                                14/15 : Beaten 19 lengths 5th at 4/1 at Chepstow. Followed up 231F
                                15/16 : Beaten 12 lengths 8th at 25/1 at Cheltenham. Followed up 111525
                                16/17 : WON 8 lengths at 9/1 at Market Rasan. Followed up 48152
                                17/18 : PU at Exeter at 16/1. Followed up 1F

The Worlds End
                                16/17 : Beaten 9 lengths 3rd at Ffos Las in his Maiden Hurdle at 11/8 Fav. Followed up 111F1
                                17/18 : Beaten 33 lengths 8th at Haydock at 5/1 Fav. Did travel well through the race but weakened very quickly. Improved slowly as season went on despite ground against him

Singlefarmpayment
                                14/15 : Fell at 100/1 at Exeter. Followed up 22442
                                15/16 : Beaten 2 lengths at 16/1 at Ascot. Followed up 11P
                                16/17 : Beaten 4.5 lengths at 3/1 2Fav at Worcester. Followed up 21B2
                                17/18 : Beaten 4 lengths at 11/2 2Fav at Cheltenham. Followed up F5P52

Double Shuffle
                                15/16 : Beaten 8 lengths 2nd at 20/1. Followed up 4135
                                16/17 : Beaten a head at 7/2 2Fav. Followed up P512P
                                17/18 : Beaten 7 lengths at 7/1. Followed up 8174

Comment

Working...
                                X