Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I put Samcro in too many "any race" specials up to July. Was convinced he'd be going chasing.

I hope he lines up so I can lay for my 'stake' back, if he did win, something would definitely connect
    You're not the only one Kev

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Where was Patrick talking about Melon, was it a podcast?
      Dublin Racing Festival Preview night with PW, Davy Russell, Rachel Blackmore and others. This was last week when Laurina, Faugheen, Sharjah etc were all still in the race. basically said Laurina wouldn't go, Sharjah would probably go straight to Cheltenham, Faugheen was only in light work as he was still sore and that Melon was being worked hard as he was so fat last time.
      For the record, Davy gave a good word for Balko Des Flo in the Irish Gold Cup - said he was in great form and shouldn't be underestimated on the quickish ground. Rachel agreed and said that Petit Mouchoir would have improved for the last day and had a chance in the Champion.

Comment

• On Thursday night at the Sugar Club, we staged our Dublin Racing Festival special!.The festival ...

While Davy talked up Balko Des Flos, his final selection was Kemboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          https://www.offtheball.com/racing/du...estival-481432

While Davy talked up Balko Des Flos, his final selection was Kemboy.
          Davy guested in our box 2 years ago and said that amidst all the Irish noise about UK handicapping of Irish horses he made Presenting Percy the single worst handicapped horse at the festival.
          I’m convinced he’s spent far too long with Ruby and you can now literally ignore every word that leaves his lips

Comment

• Interesting comment by Gordon ?

"It's an Irish Champion Hurdle, and we've nothing to lose by having a go at it. If it doesn't work she's more than likely going to go for the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham."

And if it works Gordon ?

Then from PW Mullins...

“Melon is in good form, and we think he’ll strip a lot fitter for his run at Christmas.

“However, Apple’s Jade won a Grade One over two miles in Aintree by 41 lengths when we had her, so I’m not sure she’s going to be any easier to beat over two miles than she would be over two-and-a-half or three.

“She’s a top-class mare, and I think Melon will probably have to better his run behind Buveur D’Air to beat her.”

Close to Max bet for me tomorrow for Apple's.

Comment

• How certain would you be Laurina would avoid Apples in the CH if she did re route!

I fancy a NRNB double on

APPLES JADE CH
              LAURINA MARES

I see that's 12.5/1

Without NRNB I think you can get 59/1 with WH
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 1 February 2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

How certain would you be Laurina would avoid Apples in the CH if she did re route!

I fancy a NRNB double on

APPLES JADE CH
                LAUREN MARES
                She'd never 're route . He sold buveur dair.

And mullins would win the mares easily anyway

Laurina would never be going CH if she wasn't owned by Mr sullivan
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I'll get my money back then.

He'd really want to, but BDD would be a penalty kick too

Comment

How certain would you be Laurina would avoid Apples in the CH if she did re route!

I fancy a NRNB double on

APPLES JADE CH
                    LAURINA MARES
                    I wouldn't be certain as they (appear set on the CH for Laurina)
                    but have already done the double
                    when this was discussed back in december. 8 x 20 betfair (ltd stakes), plus single at 20s betfair AJ
                    Done Laurina 8-1 and Buvuer double also with PP.

Comment

• Just done BDD (mares) vs apples jade (CH) 8pts double NRNB sky. 22-1

that goes a lot shorter if it really work's as Gordon puts it.
                      and if she goes mares I'm left with a bet on BDD at 11/4, vs a potentially tarnished apples' jade which I'd be happy with.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        Just done BDD (mares) vs apples jade (CH) 8pts double NRNB sky. 22-1

that goes a lot shorter if it really work's as Gordon puts it.
                        and if she goes mares I'm left with a bet on BDD at 11/4, vs a potentially tarnished apples' jade which I'd be happy with.
                        Yeah some sense to that...

If AJ does win though and go in the Mares you're left withh just another single on BDD?

Comment

Yeah some sense to that...

If AJ does win though and go in the Mares you're left withh just another single on BDD?
                          yeah, but I'm not on apples for the mares so would be ok with it as I was on BDD last year, happy to let it ride and 11/4 wouldn't be a bad price assuming laurina not there also.

Comment

• The slight niggle I'll throw at you is that you'd be happy to have a max bet on AJ against the boys over 2m but think she'd lose against Benie Des Dieux over 2m4f?

How highly do you rate Benie Des Douvan?

Comment

The slight niggle I'll throw at you is that you'd be happy to have a max bet on AJ against the boys over 2m but think she'd lose against Benie Des Dieux over 2m4f?

How highly do you rate Benie Des Douvan?
                              different races and prices.
                              11/8 tomorrow against that lot is a very good price IMO, getting 7lb.
                              With four stablemates as opposition and no other obvious pace setters amongst Melon and Supasundae .
                              And 11/4 for a reigning champ who's unexposed against apples, who's never looked at her very best at cheltenham.

Comment

• If AJ doesn’t intend to set a decent enough gallop tomorrow I’d imagine SS will be prominent enough to make sure she does... that’ll suit Melon lovely. She’ll really need to get them off their feet to run a finish out to them IMO.

Also not sure on the Cheltenham point. Valid excuse last time, and in her juvenile campaign she had a setback beforehand... her middle run wasn’t exactly bad?

In saying that tomorrow will be intriguing just to see if she’s at her best, and the in season issue hasn’t raised its head again..

Comment

Working...
                                X