View Poll Results: Who wins the Champion Hurdle 2019?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buveur D'air

32 42.11%
  • Apple's Jade

29 38.16%
  • Laurina

10 13.16%
  • Something else

5 6.58%
Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMCRO View Post
    Think its just a problem with oddschecker with paddy power prices. Drifted on oddscheker on a few horses at paddy but normal odds on site
    Yeah just came back on top say that it looks like an error. Was about to get giddy!

Quote Originally Posted by jack1092 View Post
    The part about "season wasted" is only true if you think Cheltenham is the be all and end all of NH racing.

At Samcro's experience level, a few easy pots this side of Christmas probably wouldn't teach him much, if he was to race BDA + even lose, he would improve as a horse, and the return bout wouldn't be nailed on to happen the same way. It would just mean the two horses have actually had a top level race in preparation, rather than a walk in the park....like BDA did last year and Hendo admitted he thought he was still undercooked.
    To be honest I'd streams by what I said.

They're potentially keeping Samcro over hurdles for one race ... and one race only. If he does pick up pots before then, so what? It's delaying him going chasing and it'll be am underwhelming season for me if he is swotted aside.

I don't think he'd grey swotted aside mind you, but anything but a won has wasted a season over hurdles.

This next bit isn't specific to you jack bit also don't like the reasoning to keep him over hurdles because of the wealth of staying novice chasets Gigginstown have. The pecking order is Samcro number 1, the rest a clear 2nd! They have no issue running multiple horses in races either so I don't expect that to have any serious sway on Samcro and his target

Top Amateur
    Summerville Boy confirmed as staying over hurdles. Fighting fifth the early target.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRowebot View Post
    Summerville Boy confirmed as staying over hurdles. Fighting fifth the early target.
    Welcome back ...

You fancy Summerville Boy?

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Welcome back ...

You fancy Summerville Boy?
    Thanks mate - the proper racing is in sight.

Not sure re: Summerville Boy. Was a decent performance in the supreme but champion could be good if BD, Samcro, Melon all turn up.

Top Amateur
    Interesting they are aiming for the Fighting Fifth, I wonder if BvD will turn up also.

Top Amateur
    I think he do will definitely throw a few more challenges BVD way this year after all the walkovers last season and how close the CH was.

Quote Originally Posted by Innoko View Post
    Interesting they are aiming for the Fighting Fifth, I wonder if BvD will turn up also.
    I'd imagine BD will start off in the Fighting Fifth again then head to Kempton on Boxing Day. He's still a 7 yr old and lightly raced so I suppose he may still have improvement to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I'd imagine BD will start off in the Fighting Fifth again then head to Kempton on Boxing Day. He's still a 7 yr old and lightly raced so I suppose he may still have improvement to come.
    Surely does!

10 wins in a row now, not been headed once he hits the front. Has class and the guts.

Under appreciated.... I hope they push him out if Samcro gets declared hurdling.

(I feel I can knock Samcro vs BVD until he gets confirmed then I'll have to start thinking more seriously!) Currently BVD has 9 lbs OR and 8 lbs RPR in hand

He could improve for sure.
    But he has definitely mopped up in a weak division, due to injuries and lack of champion novices staying hurdling in last couple of seasons. Even Harrington spotted how average a bunch they were and let Supasundae pick up two big races in Ireland. I've been bored watching the grade one 2 mile hurdle races in England and Ireland and really hope a few of the champion novices stay hurdling for a season at least, especially Samcro.
    It'll be hard for BVD followers to desert him this season but I hope he has it tougher than last year, where he was never given much opportunity to improve, which may come back to haunt Henderson this year.