View Poll Results: Who wins the Champion Hurdle 2019?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buveur D'air

32 42.11%
  • Apple's Jade

29 38.16%
  • Laurina

10 13.16%
  • Something else

5 6.58%
Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1921
    Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    It was soft - which is one rung away from goodtosoft on the going ladder, and it was a speed test as it was over 2 miles.

Plenty of horses have won the champion hurdle in the past that were not what you'd describe as speedy/turn of foot horses, but they could maintain a really strong gallop and/or keep going up the hill when the others were gassing. Just depends on the pace/ground/oppostion and shape of the race on the day. Jezki, Faugheen, Brave Inca, Rock on Ruby, Hardy Eustace etc.

I don;t think he'll run on the champion, I haven't backed him either, but given certain conditions he may/would interest me nearer the time
    I'll agree to disagree. He'd be badly outpaced for me. Hoping they realise that pre chelt. As he's a live chance in a stayers. And imo none in the CH.

Quote Originally Posted by boopa View Post
    He beat a shot Faugheen. Melon is in and out. Mick Jazz is Mick Jazz.
    You can't pick and choose when a horse is shot or not shot, or in or out, or average or 3 lengths off winning a champion hurdle - to suit your opinion after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    I'll agree to disagree. He'd be badly outpaced for me. Hoping they realise that pre chelt. As he's a live chance in a stayers. And imo none in the CH.
    which part are you disagreeing on

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    You can't pick and choose when a horse is shot or not shot, or in or out, or average or 3 lengths off winning a champion hurdle - to suit your opinion after the event.
    Fair point
    Last edited by Innoko; 12-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Top Amateur
    Just watch Supasundae it's not a fast horse. Big horse that takes an age to get going.

read Harrington's comments I think it's very unlikely it runs here anyway. Good to soft stayers will give it a chance.

Top Amateur
    Faugheen was shot in 2018. Melon has always been in and out. I don't think that's an outlandish opinion.

Same again - of the horses we HAVE SEEN - If you had to have a shortlist of 3, which 3 are you most interested in

Buveur D'air - There won't be anyone that disagrees with this, for obvious reasons. Looking forward to the OR/RPR for his win.
    If The Cap Fits - Do I think he can win a CH? No, but of the ones I've seen, he's still achieved a decent level and I think he had speed last year, so one run at Ascot looking like he had stamina isn't enough to completely write him off (although obviously couldn't beat Buveur D'air)
    Samcro - In by default on the shortlist but this is a 1 horse race from the ones we've seen this season... only Laurina or Melon have any chance whatsoever of getting involved.

Top Amateur
    I’d probably have to say Sharjah over Ifthecapfits

People forgave Samcro for slitting his throat vs Sharjah, but the same is true for him and he followed it up with a smooth Morgiana win

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    I’d probably have to say Sharjah over Ifthecapfits

People forgave Samcro for slitting his throat vs Sharjah, but the same is true for him and he followed it up with a smooth Morgiana win
    Yeah, a very fair shout. ITCF has more potential as he's more unexposed but it's perfectly comprehendable that ITCF will never be as good as Sharjah, let alone be good enough for a CH.

Top Amateur
    I’d say he’s been plenty exposed as not having a chance in a top grade 2m race.

No shame in being a 2.5m hurdler mind, Oscar Whisky did just fine