Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Alright, off the fence.... Samcro is THE WORST VALUE I have ever seen in my life for the Champion Hurdle in an ante post market.

If you take 4/1 about Samcro, when BVD is 7/2 - you should not be allowed to control your own finances.

Not only have we not had an official decision yet, and not even bothering to consider the fact he has to stay sound, he has done absolutely nothing to prove he's a better horse than Melon yet! It was insane that he went off 5/6 when Melon was 11/4 and they fell at the same fence, and were both going as well as each other so not justfied that yet.

Buveur D'air will absolutely destroy Samcro whenever they meet. Samcro should be chasing, Gigginstown are clueless about hurdlers. They bought Samcro from the PTP field to be a Gold Cup horse... Elliott should be strung up for the decision.... send Samcro to Colin Tizzard and he'll have a better season that these muppets. Finian's Oscar was campaigned better than this donkey.

The race prior to Cheltenham he beat Duc Des Genivres by 5.5L and that horse got beaten 23L by Pallasator and 53L by Dortmund Park. Imagine hanging your hat on that compared to 2 champion hurdle victories!

He hasn't got the speed for 2m! His P2P beating Elegant Escape is the most over rated piece of form I've ever seen but that didn't look like the run of a Champion Hurdler versus a 3rd place in an RSA! His second bumper win over Good Thyne Tara makes him bang average at best.

He also might not handle good spring ground, he's been winning in soft ground and heavy ground over and over again. One run in his life with good in the going and it was a bumper where he beat a horse called Cluan Dara who is rated 108

Worst Horse Ever

Kind regards,

Kevloaf
    President of the Buveur Certainty Fanclub
    Can I be Vice president or Secretary ?, B.D'air all day long for me !!

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Fehily didnt ride him this year ?
      Apologies Mayo, he says he doesn’t think BD was as good last year in the CH not he didn’t feel 100%, I miss heard, he was talking about Summerville Boy running in it and then mentioned that about BD, only his opinion 😳

Comment

• Samcro available at 8.8 for a fair few quid...

Comment

• That's not a good sign for Samcro backers.. in fact worrying!! Could be a long festival for me if he goes chasing!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
            That's not a good sign for Samcro backers.. in fact worrying!! Could be a long festival for me if he goes chasing!
            I'm trusting Paddy and Betfair with regards the target!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
              That's not a good sign for Samcro backers.. in fact worrying!! Could be a long festival for me if he goes chasing!
              I've cash out half of my bet for a small profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                Samcro available at 8.8 for a fair few quid...
                Wouldn't read too much into it just yet, could well be that some with bigger prices have traded out. I think it's more of a sign that Samcro has been matched for over 10k, nearly 2k more than Buveur D'air for the Champion Hurdle and yet has less than £200 matched for any of the novice chases.

Comment

• Paddys (account restricted) willing to accept a decent bet from me for the JLT yet pennies only for the CH, says it all!

Comment

• Article in the racing post from GE regarding samcro chances of staying hurdling... something just doesn’t sit right for me from reading the few articles that have been released to date. I believe he will be going chasing and gradually working an ante post position on this gut feeling

Comment

• Gordon Elliott admits he would "love to win a Champion Hurdle" as a decision looms over the immediate future of stable star Samcro.

The Gigginstown House Stud-owned six-year-old lit up the novice hurdling division last season, winning each of his first four starts including a tremendous victory in the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

He suffered his first defeat when taking a crashing fall in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle and connections are still considering whether to remain over the smaller obstacles or embark on a career over fences this autumn.

"It's still up in the air at the moment, to be honest," Elliott told his Betfair blog. "He's in good form and cantering away. He won't be doing a fast bit of work maybe for another month. Obviously at some stage I'll have to sit down and talk to Michael and Eddie (O'Leary, owners) and we'll make a decision.

"It's a pity we didn't stand up in Punchestown as if he'd gone and won that I'd say we'd definitely be going the Champion Hurdle route."

Asked what his preference would be, the trainer added: "I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, but I only train the horse, I don't own him. I'll have to talk to the lads and see what they want to do.

"The way he jumps a hurdle you'd say chasing is going to be his game down the road, but it's not easy coming across a Champion Hurdle horse. I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, that's all I can say."

Personally, I'm taking that as Samcro being CH bound. Blue on oddschecker also.
                      Last edited by Innoko; 9 October 2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Personally think the decision is made & contrary to his comments in the RP article if Gordon had the choice himself Samcro would be chasing. The O’Learys are probably pushing for the more lucrative Champion Hurdle route. I wouldn’t bet against Michael O’Leary getting his own way!
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 9 October 2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Michael O'Leary should get his own way really, after all, he does pay the bills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                            Gordon Elliott admits he would "love to win a Champion Hurdle" as a decision looms over the immediate future of stable star Samcro.

The Gigginstown House Stud-owned six-year-old lit up the novice hurdling division last season, winning each of his first four starts including a tremendous victory in the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

He suffered his first defeat when taking a crashing fall in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle and connections are still considering whether to remain over the smaller obstacles or embark on a career over fences this autumn.

"It's still up in the air at the moment, to be honest," Elliott told his Betfair blog. "He's in good form and cantering away. He won't be doing a fast bit of work maybe for another month. Obviously at some stage I'll have to sit down and talk to Michael and Eddie (O'Leary, owners) and we'll make a decision.

"It's a pity we didn't stand up in Punchestown as if he'd gone and won that I'd say we'd definitely be going the Champion Hurdle route."

Asked what his preference would be, the trainer added: "I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, but I only train the horse, I don't own him. I'll have to talk to the lads and see what they want to do.

"The way he jumps a hurdle you'd say chasing is going to be his game down the road, but it's not easy coming across a Champion Hurdle horse. I'd love to win a Champion Hurdle, that's all I can say."

Personally, I'm taking that as Samcro being CH bound. Blue on oddschecker also.
                            I think those comments have been recycled from a few weeks ago, doesn't look like there's anything new in there from the interview back in August....

Comment

• Gordon won't have a vote.

Comment

• Remember Disko and Gordie's gold cup dream?

They couldn't care less what he wants. On the plus side, it's juiced his chasing price up for us that missed first time

Comment

Working...
                                X