Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    You'd be mightily worried if laurina dosent win this easily. But what have you found out if she does?

You've atleast found out she's good. Hard to compare to buveur dair last time out though.
    Summerville Boy & Vision Des Flos has some form line baring Buveur D'air though, which is at least something.

Brain Power, the most over hyped horse in the last few years, just because he can go a gallop with Altior at home

Comment

• Just be happy to see her big fat arse.
      Probably won't get as good a view as the New One and Co though.

Comment

• I’d like to think SB will come on for the run, but would expect/need it to be double digit lengths back to third to take any notice

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          You'd be mightily worried if laurina dosent win this easily. But what have you found out if she does?

You've atleast found out she's good. Hard to compare to buveur dair last time out though.
          Just be nice to see her run, if she wins well then great.

If she doesn't then at least we will all know her target and can cash out if we so wish.

Whether I'm financially involved or not, personally hope she does the business to at least make the CH look competitive.

We shall hopefully see.

Comment

• Laurina would need to be winning this to stick to the CH route

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              Laurina would need to be winning this to stick to the CH route
              Goes without saying!

Comment

• People were saying the same thing about Melon this time last year.

The CH route is exactly the same for her as the Mares Hurdle route. They'll make all the entries and decide the weekend before the Festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                  People were saying the same thing about Melon this time last year.

The CH route is exactly the same for her as the Mares Hurdle route. They'll make all the entries and decide the weekend before the Festival.
                  Yes, but as you have said, Melon was always going for the CH (one of your ante post bets I believe).

Whereas Laurina has another alternative altogether.

Comment

• Summerville Boy could improve plenty for his debut. I take it everyone has written him off since Newcastle?

Hopefully Laurina does the biz, but she really has to step up, some of that mares novice form is horrid.
                    Last edited by jack1092; 11 December 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                      Yes, but as you have said, Melon was always going for the CH (one of your ante post bets I believe).

Whereas Laurina has another alternative altogether.
                      There were plenty prepared to doubt Melon's target, wanting him to go the Arkle route. As I said, Laurina's programme will be designed to get her to Cheltenham in peak form and the final decision on which race will be left as late as possible.

Comment

There were plenty prepared to doubt Melon's target, wanting him to go the Arkle route. As I said, Laurina's programme will be designed to get her to Cheltenham in peak form and the final decision on which race will be left as late as possible.
                        Out of interest Archie (and I wont hold you to this), where do you think she will end up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                          Out of interest Archie (and I wont hold you to this), where do you think she will end up?
                          I honestly haven't a clue. My point is that no-one else does either and the situation won't be changed by her first run.

Comment

I honestly haven't a clue. My point is that no-one else does either and the situation won't be changed by her first run.
                            Fair enough

Comment

• It may not cement her target but depending on the result, it may edge towards one or the other.
                              Melon got beat in this and finished near some champion hurdle also rans. She improved by March time.
                              If Laurina were to win easily then I'd say they'd (owners in particular) be more than encouraged.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                Summerville Boy could improve plenty for his debut. I take it everyone has written him off since Newcastle?

Hopefully Laurina does the biz, but she really has to step up, some of that mares novice form is horrid.
                                I'd written him off as the CH winner prior to that run, HOWEVER, I expect him to come on hugely from that seasonal debut. It had been pointed out on here (and by the trainer) that his need their first run of the season, and it was the same last season too.

I just wrote a big post about what I'd do at the prices if Laurina was too short, or Summerville Boy way too big, but then realised the prices will be up, and I see around 5/4 and 4/1 - so I wouldn't be too excited about backing either really.

Comment

Working...
                                X