Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Buveur D'air, Laurina I definitely wouldn't rule out, and would prefer Sharjah if he got his ground than Melon yeah.

I'd back Melon each way at 20/1 - as I'm not as aggressive the morning after haha

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
      If Melon's overrated, Laurina's a hype job + Samcro a chaser as everyones saying, i presume BDA's a cert?? Or is Sharjah the one, even tho he's clearly ground dependant.

Personally disagree with you fellas- Melon is overpriced. I don't care about multiples.
      Which is what a forum is all about. He's one I haven't backed but if I really want to make a case for doing so, then I guess it's quite easy as the CH second last year is the best form on offer I guess.

I just feel he will be bigger after the DRF as his best runs are at Cheltenham, I will probably take a chance then.

Hope that makes sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
        Which is what a forum is all about. He's one I haven't backed but if I really want to make a case for doing so, then I guess it's quite easy as the CH second last year is the best form on offer I guess.

I just feel he will be bigger after the DRF as his best runs are at Cheltenham, I will probably take a chance then.

Hope that makes sense...
        Yeah I think we've agreed on this before.... I am hoping he gets pushed out after the DRF, but not for a terrible run.

Every horse has a price, if he wins at the DRF he'll be too short for me to back but I'll fear him more than I do now too.

Comment

• Buveur's going to run again -contenders hurdle at Sandown - sporting life today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Yeah I think we've agreed on this before.... I am hoping he gets pushed out after the DRF, but not for a terrible run.

Every horse has a price, if he wins at the DRF he'll be too short for me to back but I'll fear him more than I do now too.
            That's exactly it. Discussion closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
              Buveur's going to run again -contenders hurdle at Sandown - sporting life today.
              A confidence booster.

Not sure if a horse understands it's won or not, but we do like to personify them!

Comment

• I was following the same view as you two as well, a fast pace is what he really needs. Issue is he'll likely get that at DRF so the theory may just backfire!

Comment

• Apart from Blow by Blow 33 to 12's this morning B365
                  They've also cut SAmcro 16s to 9's
                  Could be little money to be fair, but little bit interesting.

Comment

• Evan Williams said this on ATR page today regarding Silver Streak
                    “The horse will go to the Kingwell in Wincanton as his next target. We’ll leave him in the Champion in case all the really good Grade One horses don’t turn up, but I wouldn’t want to see the race break up.

“We’ll aim to try to win a Grade Two quietly and let the Grade One horses go to Cheltenham. I’d say we won’t do too much with him this season, because we’ll train him for next season. He’ll have a good, long holiday.

So anyone on big prices or hoping for a place etc not looking likely he will go , least his trainer is realistic.

Comment

• Did anyone actually think he was anywhere near good enough for a CH?!

Comment

• No, but it is that sort of thinking which leads us to small fields in grade 1s

Comment

• That’s fine if you get paid down to 5th for your ew bets!!

Comment

• SkyBet very generously offering up to £2.50 on Vision Des Flos at 100/1 with their price boost

The scumbaggery of that team gets me every time

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                              SkyBet very generously offering up to £2.50 on Vision Des Flos at 100/1 with their price boost

Rather give it to charity

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                                SkyBet very generously offering up to £2.50 on Vision Des Flos at 100/1 with their price boost

But presumably you can have more at the standard price ?
                                As a victim of countless account closures I often get less value than most, I am more concerned with getting on the stake I want even though this is almost without exception at a poorer price.
                                I've just taken the view that beggars can't be choosers....

Comment

Working...
                                X