Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    I like ITCF for tomorrow too, but have watered my bet down slightly as Fry's stable form isnt a given.
    I havent backed big. Just enough to have a healthy CH bet at 33s ew should he win. Which if he's a CH contender he'll win this convincingly. If he dosent win he might aswell be 100/1 + for the big one
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Agreed. Was a but surprised they didn't run in the Greatwood... thought that would have really suited him. Would have been nice to see him have a run around Chelts too.

33/1 looks a more than fair price and I will have it ready to back as they clear the last...

Comment

• Plenty of early money for ITCF for tomorrow

Comment

• Have to say I'm surprised WHAD isn't favourite tomorrow even with the 3lb penalty so more than happy to see the positivity and money coming for ITCF having 40/1 EW for this race.

Harry Fry in his blog:

I walked the course and decided everything was fine for him. He’s been jumping out of his skin at home and is crying out for a run.

He’s got a bit to find on ratings with the likes of Verdana Blue and We Have A Dream, but it’s a competitive race and we’re just looking forward to getting him started.

We’re going there hoping that the dream can still be alive afterwards, so there’s a real balance of the excitement of having him fit and ready to go, and also an element of nerves.

There’s a lot of belief in him and we certainly wouldn’t be running him in the race if we didn’t think he could be very competitive.

Comment

• Jono, have I remembered correctly that you know connections of Western Ryder, or is it Istabraq? Was just wondering if you knew if the Greatwood was the plan for the horse, as think he looks a stand out candidate in the absence of If The Cap Fits?

Comment

Jono, have I remembered correctly that you know connections of Western Ryder, or is it Istabraq? Was just wondering if you knew if the Greatwood was the plan for the horse, as think he looks a stand out candidate in the absence of If The Cap Fits?
              That's the plan.

Iv a few quid on at 20s ew and I asked the owner 1st.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 9 November 2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                That's the plan.

Iv a few quid on at 20s ew and I asked the owner 1st.
                Cheers... had a small bet at 16's but will top up at 14's.

Comment

Jono, have I remembered correctly that you know connections of Western Ryder, or is it Istabraq? Was just wondering if you knew if the Greatwood was the plan for the horse, as think he looks a stand out candidate in the absence of If The Cap Fits?
                  Sadly Not me CCM - thats Ista. But yes I believe that is the plan still, owners son said he is Greatwood bound 3 days ago on twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Sadly Not me CCM - thats Ista. But yes I believe that is the plan still, owners son said he is Greatwood bound 3 days ago on twitter
                    Thanks Jono.

Comment

• I cannot wait to see If The Cap Fits tomorrow.

I only have "free bets" on at the moment in singles, but they were at 40/1 so he's a nice winner.

Agree with scooby, I feel he needs to be winning this well tomorrow to have a chance of winning a CH

He isn't priced up on his form tomorrow, he's priced up on the hype surrounding him - I am a little surprised I haven't backed him with any real money but in reality the CH market has been one to be cautious of because of Samcro and I'm still a big fan of Buveur D'Air.

As a fairly blanket rule I don't like backing the horses that come out of the juvenile year - I think the ratings they get are hugely inflated and even the "exceptional" 4 year olds seem to flop. I know Katchit won a CH but it was before my time so until lightning strikes again I just want to see it before I really believe it...

I also think WHAD is priced up as if he won the Triumph, and not the Aintree race that'd have suited him way more (in regards to the CH market, not so much for tomorrow)... I don't have We Have A Dream down as a credible CH contender at this stage... but if he slams tomorrows field I'll obviously have to re-asses. I'd take him on tomorrow though for that reason.

Comment

• Katchits CH was a port renewal and Sizing Europe had it in the bag before sadly going wrong.

Comment

• I’m on We Have A Dream at 25/1 for the CH and expect him to win today

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                            I’m on We Have A Dream at 25/1 for the CH and expect him to win today
                            Big shout. I'd be confident he'll get turned over by ITCF. Player if he wins convincingly though.

Comment

• The stats make winning the Elite Hurdle pretty much the kiss of death for the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

• Elite looks a belter, race of the day, cant wait. GL everyone today with whatever your on. Hoping ITCFs does the business but this looks tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X