Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stats there jono.
    There are trainers who ease their horses back gently and as you have pointed out identifying them for AP punting purposes can be beneficial....

Comment

Right Im not convinced that Samcro is certain to go chasing, the lack of info to me suggests otherwise and ive taken the 8/1 for the race this morning with Paddy Power. Could be the shortest Antepost bet in history if they confirm chasing but as mentioned before on site, if he was mine he would have a crack at the Champion hurdle especially as it looks a pretty thin division.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Right Im not convinced that Samcro is certain to go chasing, the lack of info to me suggests otherwise and ive taken the 8/1 for the race this morning with Paddy Power. Could be the shortest Antepost bet in history if they confirm chasing but as mentioned before on site, if he was mine he would have a crack at the Champion hurdle especially as it looks a pretty thin division.
        You've worried Paddy, into 5-1..

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          You've worried Paddy, into 5-1..
          What price would he be cut to if he was hurdling, 5/1 perhaps? Buveur D'air would have to be favourite still?

Comment

What's going on with your bets and PP price cuts, that's two in a row now (ITCF and Samcro) is it:

A) Random coincidence
            B) PP hold you in such high esteem they cut all of your big Festival bets
            C) You have such a following on Fat Jockey that whatever you back is backed to the hilt by your followers

Comment

If you KNEW Samcro was going to the Champion Hurdle 8/1 is a good-ish price.

I still don't think if they came out and said that is where he's going he'd be shorter than Buveur D'air though...OR would deserve to be as close in the betting. At 7/2 BVD and 5/1 Samcro now I think you'd be bonkers to take 5/1.... when he gets delcared its an each way shot to nothing but way to far out to bother!

I will actually feel a bit disappointed if Samcro ends up going for the Champion Hurdle... I've always thought the cliche "whatever he did over hurdles is a bonus" was meant for him.

I look at Altior, do I wish he went for a Champion Hurdle? Absolutely not! I think he'd have won it, but I'd much prefer the Arkle, CC route! Altior is a superstar. Buveur D'air is just a horse

Comment

I put both Samcro and IFTCFs bets on in PP shop and they were decent bets so think thats the reason they shortened both times.

Comment

I put both Samcro and IFTCFs bets on in PP shop and they were decent bets so think thats the reason they shortened both times.
                  Great stuff, I dream of the day I have such influence

Comment

A shrewd move going by Eddie O'Leary's comments in the Racing Post this morning Billymag fairlplay!

Comment

I’ve had a few quid on Samcro today for this after the comments.

If he goes elsewhere, I’d be ok with that as he’d be a banker and I’m already on any race.

If he goes here, 8/1 is a nice price to take on Buveur.

So I’m covered with this one. He’s winning whatever race he turns up in over fences whereas this is obviously a tougher task.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        I’ve had a few quid on Samcro today for this after the comments.

If he goes elsewhere, I’d be ok with that as he’d be a banker and I’m already on any race.

If he goes here, 8/1 is a nice price to take on Buveur.

So I’m covered with this one. He’s winning whatever race he turns up in over fences whereas this is obviously a tougher task.
                        I am trying to convince myself 8/1 is worth a bet but keep stopping myself.

I am still more inclined to wait until the decision is made and possibly take 5/1 at that stage.

I already like If The Cap Fits for this though and think Buveur D'air is a better bet at 7/2 than Samcro is at 5/1

Comment

I still think he's odds on to go chasing. If they stay over hurdles then anything other than a champion hurdle win would be a disaster and a year wasted. Buveur D'air is going for a hat-trick will be tough to beat should they meet imo.

I backed Samcro for the Champion hurdle a couple of months ago but would much prefer him to go over fences.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            I still think he's odds on to go chasing. If they stay over hurdles then anything other than a champion hurdle win would be a disaster and a year wasted. Buveur D'air is going for a hat-trick will be tough to beat should they meet imo.

I backed Samcro for the Champion hurdle a couple of months ago but would much prefer him to go over fences.
                            Can still get 13/8 (from 7/4) with PP for his first race to be a Chase if that tempts you

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                              Can still get 13/8 (from 7/4) with PP for his first race to be a Chase if that tempts you
                              Thanks RC - I'll have some of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I am trying to convince myself 8/1 is worth a bet but keep stopping myself.

I am still more inclined to wait until the decision is made and possibly take 5/1 at that stage.

I already like If The Cap Fits for this though and think Buveur D'air is a better bet at 7/2 than Samcro is at 5/1
                                I decided last year seeing you and others on here having multiple horses for races at bigger prices wasn’t the worst idea. I was too single minded with some races last year such as ITCF for the Supreme but as soon as he got injured, I was screwed.

So for this race, I’ve already backed Samcro (8/1) and If The Cap Fits (33/1 e/w). I’m still interested in Summerville Boy at a nice price but haven’t backed him so far and I’m content with him in a couple of our monthly Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X