View Poll Results: Who wins the Champion Hurdle 2019?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buveur D'air

32 42.11%
  • Apple's Jade

29 38.16%
  • Laurina

10 13.16%
  • Something else

5 6.58%
Page 179 of 193 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1921
    Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I don't think we've ever seen a horse take him out of his comfort zone in terms of travelling in to a race...

I don't think Buveur could ever beat Supasundae further than Apple's Jade has, but he's beat Supasundae every time, as he'd just stalk him.
    Not long to wait Kev. He's one of my main lays of the festival.

5lb Claimer
    Buveur D’Air again in the Champion Hurdle or are you in another camp?
    Gordon Elliott People keep knocking Buveur D’Air’s form but he’s been there and done the business twice in the Champion Hurdle. He’ll be a tough nut to crack but we’re hoping Apple’s Jade might foil his hat-trick bid. She came out of her Leopardstown race very well.

Paul Nicholls Getting 7lb, I believe Apple’s Jade would be exceptionally hard to beat if she turns up in March in the form she has been in all season. Laurina is clearly the unknown but that is only reputation; strictly on form she would have to improve, but it will be hard for the current champion to concede weight to both of them.

James Bowen The Champion Hurdle is going to be a great race with it being Apple’s Jade’s next target. She has been really impressive this season and it wouldn’t surprise me if she upset Buveur D’Air.

Matt Williams When you’re talking about an outstanding mare, the 7lb allowance is huge. And he’s got two to deal with. I think he’s lay material but I haven’t figured out which of the girls I want to be with just yet. Laurina if pressed.

Paul Kealy If Apple’s Jade can reproduce this season’s best she’ll win, but can she? On Racing Post Ratings her three runs on the course represent her joint 14th and 17th best of her 20-race career. She has it to prove it there, so I’m sticking with Buveur D’Air, especially as Cheltenham won’t allow ground quick enough for Sharjah or Verdana Blue.

Padraig Hassett If they all turn up it looks like being the betting heat of the festival and if you’re not getting stuck into laying Buveur D’Air you might as well close your doors.

Paul Kealy's point in the best one, and will be "the" debate around that race. Along with whether Laurina is actually good.

3lb Claimer
    Where are all these comments being pulled from please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Where are all these comments being pulled from please ?
    The Racing Post today.

Is Melon a good enough e/w price now at 20/1 based purely on his festival form?

3lb Claimer
    Is Melon a good enough e/w price now at 20/1 based purely on his festival form?
    Question there is which of the front 3 flop if all here thou? Can't see him in front of Apples or BVD and Laurina is anyone's guess.

So, no.

I'd say Sharjah has better form now on the balance of their careers too?

Although too ground dependant to rely on

It isn't a race I've done a lot in so far (compared to others), some nice spots but considering making a full book now.

Top Amateur
    Having laid Apples Jade for the Mares race I will now lay her for this race too. As I said on the Mares thread, I just can't have her around here for the very same reasons that I couldn't have her in the Mares. The price will get so short come the day that she will be my lay of the festival this year too. I don't care how far she beat Supersundae or what time she ran around Leopardstown - she jumps right, she doesn't perform to her best at Cheltenham and there's half a chance she'll go in season again. She will be a false favourite for me and I will happily take BD and Laurina against her. If someone had told you last March after she'd been trounced by Benie DD and MIDNIGHT TOUR (ffs) that she would be 7/4 fav for this years Champion Hurdle - in front of BD - you'd have just laughed at them.

So, no.

I'd say Sharjah has better form now on the balance of their careers too?

Although too ground dependant to rely on

It isn't a race I've done a lot in so far (compared to others), some nice spots but considering making a full book now.
    No. I wouldn't back melon at 20s personally. And I'm stuck with him at considerably shorter.

Happy with sharjah ew though personally.
    He's guarenteed a strongly run race and has a fine change of gear off of it. I can deffinately see him picking up the ones who go for home earlier than him. Bar buveur dair. But you never know, it's not out of the realms of all possiblity that he could pick him up too if Barry blinks too early. As he'll have a keen eye on Apple's jade and may be go for home sooner than usual.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 02-11-2019 at 07:47 PM.