Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How confident are you that Buveur D’Air can retain his Unibet Champion Hurdle crown against the likes of Apple’s Jade and Laurina?

I showed Buveur D’air a video of Apple’s Jade winning last week and he didn’t look the least bit worried – he said she’s a proper three miler! Laurina is the intriguing one and it will be interesting to see what she does before Cheltenham. Seriously though, they are both big dangers but I wouldn’t swap Buveur for any of them.

Comment

• ....Richard Hoiles selecting Call me Lord @ 50-1 nrnb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        How confident are you that Buveur D’Air can retain his Unibet Champion Hurdle crown against the likes of Apple’s Jade and Laurina?

I showed Buveur D’air a video of Apple’s Jade winning last week and he didn’t look the least bit worried – he said she’s a proper three miler! Laurina is the intriguing one and it will be interesting to see what she does before Cheltenham. Seriously though, they are both big dangers but I wouldn’t swap Buveur for any of them.
        I'd always worry when a trainer mentions he wouldn't swap his horse, when he's not even been asked.

Comment

• He looked very relieved when he was told Apples Jade would swerve the Champion Hurdle (before Leopardstown).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
            ....Richard Hoiles selecting Call me Lord @ 50-1 nrnb.
            Has RH ever picked a winner??????

Comment

• Taking the betting out of it, I'm leaning his [Buveur D'air] way still.

In all the scenarios I play out in my head, she is setting the pace and he's not too far away... she'll lead at the last and he won't be far away...and he'll get alongside.

If he's able to travel up and get to her, I think he'll go past and hold on.

Law of averages has me against Laurina - I won't rule her out but you couldn't fancy her over Apple's Jade over any distance on what we've seen and AJ is setting the standard over both trips.

Comment

Taking the betting out of it, I'm leaning his [Buveur D'air] way still.

In all the scenarios I play out in my head, she is setting the pace and he's not too far away... she'll lead at the last and he won't be far away...and he'll get alongside.

Law of averages has me against Laurina - I won't rule her out but you couldn't fancy her over Apple's Jade over any distance on what we've seen and AJ is setting the standard over both trips.
                How many people are constantly playing out that scenario in their heads?
                He’s alongside , he’s level but can he pass?

Imaginations running wild!
                If good ground do you not see Sharjah in the mix?

Comment

Taking the betting out id be the same. Imo him and sharjah are the only 2 who have a real change of gear off a strong pace. I could see sharjah running an arctic fire kind of race. Held right up. Let who ever blinks 1st go with Apple's jade and he'll pick up the pieces
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think AJ will have BD out of his comfort zone early enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      I think AJ will have BD out of his comfort zone early enough.
                      I don't think we've ever seen a horse take him out of his comfort zone in terms of travelling in to a race...

I don't think Buveur could ever beat Supasundae further than Apple's Jade has, but he's beat Supasundae every time, as he'd just stalk him.

Comment

I don't think we've ever seen a horse take him out of his comfort zone in terms of travelling in to a race...

I don't think Buveur could ever beat Supasundae further than Apple's Jade has, but he's beat Supasundae every time, as he'd just stalk him.
                        Not long to wait Kev. He's one of my main lays of the festival.

Comment

• Buveur D’Air again in the Champion Hurdle or are you in another camp?
                          Gordon Elliott People keep knocking Buveur D’Air’s form but he’s been there and done the business twice in the Champion Hurdle. He’ll be a tough nut to crack but we’re hoping Apple’s Jade might foil his hat-trick bid. She came out of her Leopardstown race very well.

Paul Nicholls Getting 7lb, I believe Apple’s Jade would be exceptionally hard to beat if she turns up in March in the form she has been in all season. Laurina is clearly the unknown but that is only reputation; strictly on form she would have to improve, but it will be hard for the current champion to concede weight to both of them.

James Bowen The Champion Hurdle is going to be a great race with it being Apple’s Jade’s next target. She has been really impressive this season and it wouldn’t surprise me if she upset Buveur D’Air.

Matt Williams When you’re talking about an outstanding mare, the 7lb allowance is huge. And he’s got two to deal with. I think he’s lay material but I haven’t figured out which of the girls I want to be with just yet. Laurina if pressed.

Paul Kealy If Apple’s Jade can reproduce this season’s best she’ll win, but can she? On Racing Post Ratings her three runs on the course represent her joint 14th and 17th best of her 20-race career. She has it to prove it there, so I’m sticking with Buveur D’Air, especially as Cheltenham won’t allow ground quick enough for Sharjah or Verdana Blue.

Padraig Hassett If they all turn up it looks like being the betting heat of the festival and if you’re not getting stuck into laying Buveur D’Air you might as well close your doors.

Comment

• Paul Kealy's point in the best one, and will be "the" debate around that race. Along with whether Laurina is actually good.

Comment

• Where are all these comments being pulled from please ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                                Where are all these comments being pulled from please ?
                                The Racing Post today.

Comment

Working...
                                X