Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Forum Monthly Yankees 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Don't forget there are 10 festival handicaps where markets are not formed until well into the season and finding a fancy for one of these races is just about impossible 7 months out, so I expect every monthly yankee to focus on the championship and novice events until the New Year.
    This will mean duplication and contradiction but that's unavoidable...
    I wasn’t complaining. Just thought it would be interesting to see which races we have a few selections in even with 7 months left to go - such as the Gold Cup with 3 horses already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I haven't had chance tonight but I am going to try and guess this horse tomorrow evening
      I think you'll probably get it within 3 guesses Kev.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        As ridiculous as it may sound, I have an early fancy for the handicaps on day 1. Even asked for a price on one of them.
        I'm stuck - I can't find the market anywhere

Comment

I'm stuck - I can't find the market anywhere
          There isn't a market so I requested a price from William Hill. The race in question is the Ultima and he's a horse I know we have both been keen on (and have backed?) in the last 2 festivals.

Comment

There isn't a market so I requested a price from William Hill. The race in question is the Ultima and he's a horse I know we have both been keen on (and have backed?) in the last 2 festivals.
            First guess has to be Singlefarmpayment again then....

Comment

First guess has to be Singlefarmpayment again then....
              Nope. I'll dm you.

Comment

Nope. I'll dm you.
                Happy for you to share !

Comment

Barney Dwan in the Ultima. 33/1 with Hills which is tempting me. He has good festival form. He's only rated 143 at the moment so that mark could easily be blown early in the season, especially if he lines up in the Hennessy.

Comment

Anyone hear any updates on Robin Roes rehab? He would be a potential Coral Cup type for me if showing some of his old zest!

Comment

Edited with August added

Comment

Edited with September added

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          Anyone hear any updates on Robin Roes rehab? He would be a potential Coral Cup type for me if showing some of his old zest!
                          Probably old news now, but he’s with Olly Murphy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                            Robin Roe
                            Verdict: Another who has joined me from Dan Skelton and it is well documented that he's been hard to train since picking up an injury for his former connections. On his last start, he fell in the Grade 1 'Challow Hurdle' at Newbury when going well so he's obviously a very smart horse. Certainly not an easy horse to train though but we'll look at starting him off in a hurdle race in late autumn. If I'm able to get him back on the track then he has the world at his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                              Probably old news now, but he’s with Olly Murphy.
                              Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Robin Roe
                              Verdict: Another who has joined me from Dan Skelton and it is well documented that he's been hard to train since picking up an injury for his former connections. On his last start, he fell in the Grade 1 'Challow Hurdle' at Newbury when going well so he's obviously a very smart horse. Certainly not an easy horse to train though but we'll look at starting him off in a hurdle race in late autumn. If I'm able to get him back on the track then he has the world at his feet.
                              Cheers lads couldn't find any info on him myself, will wait & see if Olly can get him back on the track first after reading that!

Comment

Updated with October

Comment

Working...
                                X