Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

July Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Festival Yankee

I'd like to put forward a case for the July Yankee to potentially have a bit of a Davy Russell theme towards it.

Paloma Blue for the Arkle I have made a case for recently. De Bromhead is an excellent trainer at getting reasonable hurdlers into exciting chasers. Paloma Blue is a better than reasonable hurdler and I think you can actually up the level of the vast majority of his form considering he is meant to have an affinity for good ground. He's an out and out 2 miler, and you can guarantee this will be his aim.

Secondly would be to get Presenting Percy into another one of these monthly yankees. I think he's going to win the Gold Cup. In my mind, this GC will have taken both NR and MB to the limit and it'll be interesting to see how they are next season when they return.

Arguments could be made to include Monalee in this as if he appears in the Ryanair, he's likely to return to being ridden by Davy again (though his bosses may have something to say if he beat Balko on the nod!)

An interesting theme that Patriot.

I like Paloma Blue as an Arkle horse but it’s a tough race imo to find the winner at this stage. Samcro turning up there would make all the difference.

Presenting Percy is a good price I think. However, I think Might Bite is a bit of a superstar. To run that well against a mud lover in native river was an incredible performance. He looked like his normal self when returning after Cheltenham at Aintree. I’d be suprised if Cheltenham left any effect on him in the long run because of that.

As a Monalee lover, I wouldn’t be against him here for another win yankee. But it’ll be a super Ryanair next year imo. Fox norton, waiting patiently, douvan, Min, Balko Des flows, UDS etc all very possible to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      An interesting theme that Patriot.

I like Paloma Blue as an Arkle horse but it’s a tough race imo to find the winner at this stage. Samcro turning up there would make all the difference.

Presenting Percy is a good price I think. However, I think Might Bite is a bit of a superstar. To run that well against a mud lover in native river was an incredible performance. He looked like his normal self when returning after Cheltenham at Aintree. I’d be suprised if Cheltenham left any effect on him in the long run because of that.

As a Monalee lover, I wouldn’t be against him here for another win yankee. But it’ll be a super Ryanair next year imo. Fox norton, waiting patiently, douvan, Min, Balko Des flows, UDS etc all very possible to run.
      We all know how good a record Davy has (admittedly his handicap performances have been outstanding and possibly make this a better theory for a February Yankee) and it would be interesting to get 4 of his runners on the board together compared to Ruby hunting.

Comment

This far out selections are bound to be speculative so happy to follow whatever angles are suggested.
        I always look for guaranteed targets when considering ante post interests but of course using that strategy and you'll end up with a number of duplicate yankees, so for that reason alone this is good.
        This could extend to an Elliott yankee, Hendo yankee, JP yankee etc.

Can't wait for the Mullins yankee discussion.....

Comment

Iv probably mentioned before but I think Topofthegame @ 25’s with Ladbrokes for the RSA is great value, he’s built for chasing so the fact he finished 2nd in the Coral Cup speaks volumes including a fondness for the track, very similar profile to Presenting Percy before his win this year! Nicholls keeping his novice status intact was a shrewd move as imo being a 7yr old is a big plus given how much endurance is required! I’ve included him in quite a few multiples already!

also like the look of the following...

JLT: Black Op
          CH: Summerville Boy
          AB: Carefully Selected

I do like the idea of a Davy Russell yankee too (specifically in Chases). A friend of mine was on the Storyteller, BDF & Delta Work Davy treble on the Thursday. Having done a Davy treble on one day of the festival annually for the last few years. Paid dividends this year after a few near misses!
          Last edited by SeanRock; 2 July 2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            This far out selections are bound to be speculative so happy to follow whatever angles are suggested.
            I always look for guaranteed targets when considering ante post interests but of course using that strategy and you'll end up with a number of duplicate yankees, so for that reason alone this is good.
            This could extend to an Elliott yankee, Hendo yankee, JP yankee etc.

Can't wait for the Mullins yankee discussion.....
            Yeah , I think the Mullins yankee will run and run.......

Comment

Thursday - Stayers hurdle . Penhill . 9-1 , Not sure anybody's mentioned it.

Comment

Just thought this might help. --- April yankee 1. - Summerville boy - ch . hdl.
                2. - Santini - r.s.a.
                3. - samcro - j.l.t.
                4. - Identity thief - styrs.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                May yankee 1. - Laurina - mares hdl.
                2. - Tiger roll - x cntry.
                3. - Willoughby court - r/ air chs.
                4. - Mite bite - G.cup.

Comment

Pop the June one in as well BC

Comment

And June yankee .... 1. - Summerville boy - Ch. hdl .
                    2. - Delta work - N. hunt chs.
                    3. - Monalee - R/air chs.
                    4. - Anibale fly - Gold cup.

Comment

Penhill at 9/1
                      Flat season looking less likely aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        Penhill at 9/1
                        Flat season looking less likely aswell
                        I still strongly fancy Penhill (case made here... http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...rs-Hurdle-2019 )

Can we have it with Withhold in the Melbourne Cup

Comment

Yeah I got stuck into Penhill and 6/1 and 7/1 immediately after this years win with the belief the biggest danger was a long flat campaign with plenty of globetrotting, it now appears Bloomy has a better Melbourne Cup option yet Penhill has drifted.
                          Looks about the best 9/1 shot I can find in any ante post markets....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Yeah I got stuck into Penhill and 6/1 and 7/1 immediately after this years win with the belief the biggest danger was a long flat campaign with plenty of globetrotting, it now appears Bloomy has a better Melbourne Cup option yet Penhill has drifted.
                            Looks about the best 9/1 shot I can find in any ante post markets....
                            Who is the 9s with Ista? 7s best I can see

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              Who is the 9s with Ista? 7s best I can see
                              9-1 is with Corals , Geordieboy

Comment

Working...
                              X