Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

June Festival Yankee ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Glad your taking charge mom, the thread has gone very quiet with everything else that's going on.
    With 6000+ posts in less than 2 years I am allowed a break right?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      I’ll give my views on those Kev

- Ballyward - Id still prefer Blow By Blow or Delta Work for that
      I don't dislike either shout for the Gigginstown horses but DW or BBB could end up in the RSA even if they are looking good enough to win the 4 miler. You won't need me to highlight the number of horses that Gigginstown decide the target for, and although I am in the Samcro RSA camp, that seems to be the minority at this stage, so picking the Gigginstown horse for the 4 miler at this stage is more difficult than is perhaps being touted. Don Poli, Dounikos spring to mind straight away as horses that the trainers thought would be best suited to the race and didn't run in it (with contrasting results!) but to pick a Gigginstown horse for this race, at this stage, is not worthwhile at anything south of 50/1.
      - So Ballyward, I think is not top class and Mullins likes to have a good one for Patrick. Obviously picking a target for a Mullins/Wylie horse is no easy task either (Black Hercules!) .... but I thought his name was worth bringing up if we're talking about horses where we aren't certain on the targets in that race.

- ABP - Couldn’t have him for a Gold Cup that may be a top class renewal
      It may be a top class renewal, but I know persoanlly I've thought that for 4 years in a row and in highsight, it never is.
      I am a HUGE fan of Presenting Percy, and have backed him and Monalee for the Gold Cup already... but I do think ABP is very closely matched to Monalee (the G1 Flogas with less than 1L between them) means ABP's price is too big for me in this race...

- Willoughby Court - Good price. I did hope I’d finally be able to convince you all for Monalee each way
      If I knew where Monalee was going, I'd be there with you. I was championing the Monalee for the JLT for most of the season, I think they made the wrong decision, and I fear they will again!
      WIlloughby Court did disappoint me behind Yanworth behind Yanworth when the orange beast reveresed the form however I adored Neon WOlf, so massively upgrade WC on that and think he'd have been a huge player in the JLT (and therefore Ryanair).
      I'd prefer Monalee to WC probably if they were both running though, but price dependant.

- Mengli Khan - No arguments here. Good price. I’d have him in.
      The only thing putting me off is that he is flat bred, but I think Gordon is good enough to break - interested to see how much of an issue people think that'll be? For me, if Gordon think's he's a chaser, than he's a chaser.

- Call Me Lord - Couldn’t back anything antepost for that. Perhaps Faugheen will go off 4/7 for that anyway
      I checked his price and he's 10/1 in places. Crikey that is short. I'll never have an ante-post penny on Faugheen but it is a 'windy' race to have a strong opinion in, albeit I have put my case forward for Penhill already

- Annamix - I’m against everything in the supreme at this stage.
      Completely agree, that was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion... ALTHOUGH I have backed him with a couple of free bets!

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        I'm starting to come around to Summerville Boy in the Champion.
        There is a fear he's ground dependent but Tuesdays generally have more juice in the ground if the pipes are turned on, I'm also coming around to the idea that last season's Supreme could turn out to be a decent renewal, first six home all very good animals...
        My initial reaction to that is to disagree about the Supreme... however that is just because of how I viewed it going IN to the race so I am still open-minded.

I certainly think Summerville Boy is a decent each way bet for the CH, as with any amount of natural improvement he is the second best British CH prospect already!

I do think 2x Champion Buveur D'air at 3/1 is still a better bet though. His price is somewhat insulting (if you didn't factor in getting there)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          With 6000+ posts in less than 2 years I am allowed a break right?
          Wasn't having a go Kev, just thought with Ascot then the World cup this has taken a back seat, so mom resurrected it just before the finish line.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Wasn't having a go Kev, just thought with Ascot then the World cup this has taken a back seat, so mom resurrected it just before the finish line.
            I know, I know I actually didn't realise just how far through June we were.

With the prices we're looking at in this one, its easy to pick holes in most.... so I'm happy if we do take a flyer, and we should allow MoM to have Monalee in the Ryanair for this yankee for sheer persistance

Comment

Crikey ! , is it the 29th already . O.k . how about - Mengli Khan - Arkle .
              - Delta work - N.h chs.
              - Monalee - Ryanair.
              - Anibale fly - g.cup.
              All good prices and all reasonable Targets.

Comment

Annibale Fly seems to be the general consensus with everyone here as a solid each way bet for this each way yankee.

So if we say he’s definitely in, that leaves three spots. If we stick to the other races mentioned now, the options are three selections from:
                - Mengli Khan or Paloma Blue - Arkle
                - Ballyward or Delta Work - NH Chase
                - If The Cap Fits or Summerville Boy - Champion Hurdle
                - Willoughby Court or Monalee - Ryanair

We’ve a couple of days now to choose the final three selections from those options listed above. If everyone could select three, I’ll count up the votes on Sunday.

My three votes go to Monalee, Paloma Blue and Delta Work.

Edit - This voting system just seemed the fairest way to do it in this open month for the each way yankee. I’d say at the end of the year, we dedicate another month for another each way yankee as there’s definitely some value about for this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                  Crikey ! , is it the 29th already . O.k . how about - Mengli Khan - Arkle .
                  - Delta work - N.h chs.
                  - Monalee - Ryanair.
                  - Anibale fly - g.cup.
                  All good prices and all reasonable Targets.

I’ll count those three as your vote plus Annibale Fly who’s in already.

Comment

Just like Eurovision, the votes from Kevloaf are:

Summervile Boy(target is certain)
                    Monalee (Has a good solid chance if turning up, and he should be aimed here)
                    Delta Work (for having Ballyward 20L behind him in April)... but I'm not confident on the target.

Comment

I'd vote for Summerville Boy too - just because his target is known. No strong opinion on the others.

Comment

I like the look of Summerville boy, we have him in a yankee already but no probs for me picking him again. I do think Itcf is worthy of consideration, maybe later in the year when targets are looking clearer.
                        Annibale fly seems popular, so that seems a fair pick for the Gold cup, and I'm fine with Monalee in the Ryanair, and MK in the Arkle looks to be a decent shout, so those 4 would get my vote.

Comment

Any more votes? Only a few hours left before I will count up the votes

Comment

June Yankee - Each way:

1) Champion Hurdle - Summerville Boy (12/1)

2) National Hunt Chase - Delta Work (25/1)

3) Ryanair Chase - Monalee (16/1)

4) Gold Cup - Annibale Fly (33/1)

Best odds - Paddy Power

A 50p each way yankee on these For selections for £11 would return £119,702.09 if they all won. £700 for the each way part.

Good luck all

Comment

Good stuff mom, I'm confident one of these will pay off

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                June Yankee - Each way:

1) Champion Hurdle - Summerville Boy (12/1)

2) National Hunt Chase - Delta Work (25/1)

3) Ryanair Chase - Monalee (16/1)

4) Gold Cup - Annibale Fly (33/1)

Excellent, thanks MoM.
                                I am now down to just the one option so not able to get best value on these, 16/1, 14/1, 12/1 and 25/1 will have to do....

Comment

Working...
                                X