Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

June Festival Yankee ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Festival Yankee ,

O.k , New month , new Yankee . . my suggestion is Anibale Fly for the gold cup , Been there done that ,
    40-1 with Corals . , what's not to Like ??.

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    O.k , New month , new Yankee . . my suggestion is Anibale Fly for the gold cup , Been there done that ,
    40-1 with Corals . , what's not to Like ??.
    I like that price

Comment

Always wary of any horse that’s been in the National the year before

However 40/1 is a good price

Is anyone allowing any race bets in multiples?

Comment

As you know, I think that this is a madcap exploit because we don't know targets and who knows which horses will stay fit. However, if you must have a bet on a horse that will still be the same price in 3 months time, I'd suggest that 25/1 Delta Work in the NH Chase is not unreasonable. Course form and likely to be vying with (the inferior) Blow By Blow for the staying races.

Comment

I like both the horses proposed above and if we are looking at larger prices for an each way bet, I’d like to throw either Slate House or Paloma Blue at the Arkle with a slight preference for the latter.

Usual Festival ground and a master trainer of chasers make 16s look very interesting with an average crop of 2 mile hurdlers stepping up from the novice division to fences.

Comment

I’m thinking we make this yankee an each way bet? With the two early names thrown out being huge prices, it seems a sensible idea to go for some each way value.

Perhaps this is the month I can talk you all into Monalee for the Ryanair at 25s if it’s each way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
              I’m thinking we make this yankee an each way bet? With the two early names thrown out being huge prices, it seems a sensible idea to go for some each way value.

Perhaps this is the month I can talk you all into Monalee for the Ryanair at 25s if it’s each way as well.
              I'd be happy with that M.o.M.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                I like both the horses proposed above and if we are looking at larger prices for an each way bet, I’d like to throw either Slate House or Paloma Blue at the Arkle with a slight preference for the latter.

Usual Festival ground and a master trainer of chasers make 16s look very interesting with an average crop of 2 mile hurdlers stepping up from the novice division to fences.
                Got these two on my radar too cpfcpatriot , slate house was posted on p.power at 33-1 , but not seen it recently,
                P.blue 25-1 W.hill, again not seen it recently.

Comment

Names mentioned so far for an each way yankee this month:
                  Annibale Fly - GC 40/1
                  Delta Work - NH Chase 25/1
                  Monalee - Ryanair 25/1
                  Slate House - Arkle 16s
                  Paloman Blue - Arkle 16s

Any more names for the hat?

Comment

This'll probably muddy the water but as its only names in a hat....

Ballyward - NH Chase 20/1
                    Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup 33/1
                    Willoughby Court - Ryanair 25/1
                    Mengli Khan - Arkle 25/1
                    Call Me Lord - Stayers Hurdle 20/1
                    Annamix - Supreme 20/1

Alright, maybe not Annamix

Comment

I’ll give my views on those Kev

- Ballyward - Id still prefer Blow By Blow or Delta Work for that
                      - ABP - Couldn’t have him for a Gold Cup that may be a top class renewal
                      - Willoughby Court - Good price. I did hope I’d finally be able to convince you all for Monalee each way
                      - Mengli Khan - No arguments here. Good price. I’d have him in.
                      - Call Me Lord - Couldn’t back anything antepost for that. Perhaps Faugheen will go off 4/7 for that anyway
                      - Annamix - I’m against everything in the supreme at this stage.

I would put Mengli Khan in from those names Kev and then maybe Monalee, Delta Work and Annibale Fly as the other three spots at this stage if it was me.

Obviously it’s a group decision but someone needs to lead the discussion. I hope nobody thinks I’m taking over.

Comment

ITCF has been bandied about for the Champ hurdle, any thoughts on this, big price given how highly thought of he is.

Comment

Glad your taking charge mom, the thread has gone very quiet with everything else that's going on.

Comment

If we are considering Mengli, I still think we have to look hard at Paloma Blue who ran very well on terrible ground and will improve for fences with HdB.

Comment

I'm starting to come around to Summerville Boy in the Champion.
                              There is a fear he's ground dependent but Tuesdays generally have more juice in the ground if the pipes are turned on, I'm also coming around to the idea that last season's Supreme could turn out to be a decent renewal, first six home all very good animals...

Comment

Working...
                              X