Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Stays over hurdles. 3m.. I can't really knock the decision as there's huge pots at auteuil for him again.
    Ah, well, that puts that one to bed....next

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Ah, well, that puts that one to bed....next
      Theres an obvious one that I'm suorised no-one has mentioned yet but his rating is over inflated.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 25 October 2018, 01:07 PM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Theres an obvious one that I'm suorised no-one has mentioned yet
        Really?

Priced up? As the ones I can see have been mentioned, maybe not so much in this thread, mind.

Feel free to share

Comment

Really?

Priced up? As the ones I can see have been mentioned, maybe not so much in this thread, mind.

Feel free to share
          Coquin mans I added him to the any race market of which he's 18/1. Haven't backed him as of yet . As I have a sneaky suspicion he had a physical issue after punchestown. As his run at auteuil where conditions were right up his street was awful.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 25 October 2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Coquin mans I added him to the any race market of which he's 18/1. Haven't backed him as of yet . As I have a sneaky suspicion he had a physical issue after punchestown. As his run at auteuil where conditions were right up his street was awful.
            Like the 'any race' angle, unsure if this would be the race for him, may need a little bit further? However his best win did come over this trip when hurdling, so clearly not a hindrance to him.

Comment

Like the 'any race' angle, unsure if this would be the race for him, may need a little bit further? However his best win did come over this trip when hurdling, so clearly not a hindrance to him.
              I think its his trip personally, but He's not one for me. However he could be one iv missed and look back on with regret later in the season.

Comment

Theres an obvious one that I'm suorised no-one has mentioned yet but his rating is over inflated.
                Below the top grade in my opinion. Best chance would be a handicap.

Grade 2 level for him is a fair assessment at this stage would you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Below the top grade in my opinion. Best chance would be a handicap.

Grade 2 level for him is a fair assessment at this stage would you agree?
                  I like Coquin Mans but that is how I’d describe him to a tee. With a 158 rating over hurdles I don’t think they could get him to a workable mark for handicaps

Can pick up pots in Ireland without having to face the big guns. Also seems to be a winter horse, not sure he’s ever raced in anything with the word good in it.

Comment

Don’t know about everybody else but to me this is the most confusing of all the festival races to get a handle on

In everyone’s opinion what do we think On the day will be the first 4/5 in the market that will end up in this race and not an Arkle or RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy MacJambo View Post
                      Don’t know about everybody else but to me this is the most confusing of all the festival races to get a handle on

In everyone’s opinion what do we think On the day will be the first 4/5 in the market that will end up in this race and not an Arkle or RSA
                      Nothing to back this up but i think Vision Des Flos will be heading here with Pingshou going to the arkle

Comment

• With Samcro confirmed hurdling, there has been plenty of blue about for horses with leading claims in the novice chases. One I was keen on a while back, Black Op, requires no introduction, however I'm putting the breaks on getting involved after reading this interesting post that Archie shared on 'horses to avoid' this season. The basic issue being that his jumping may not improve enough with the yard he is at (same for Summerville Boy):

Added to this he may well go up in trip anyway (into a potentially red hot RSA) means the 10/1 still available for this race makes little appeal to me now

Comment

• Claimantakinforgan goes tomorrow at Uttoxeter in a race the same connections won last year with River Wylde. I've put this here rather than the Arkle thread as I see him as the type for this and have nibbled at the 33s with B365.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                            Claimantakinforgan goes tomorrow at Uttoxeter in a race the same connections won last year with River Wylde. I've put this here rather than the Arkle thread as I see him as the type for this and have nibbled at the 33s with B365.
                            Hey Viking, I've backed CLAIM for the Arkle as I see Henderson shuffling his pack with On The Blind Side going JLT and the mighty Santini going RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
                              Hey Viking, I've backed CLAIM for the Arkle as I see Henderson shuffling his pack with On The Blind Side going JLT and the mighty Santini going RSA
                              Haven't backed the first two mentioned but I kind of think the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
                                Possible. Iv spoke to the owner previously. They are very much in agreement with myself or vice versa on the step up in trip to jlt. But it's not a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X