Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    A possible meeting with Samcro could send them JLT though at this stage .... still too early?

Kalashnikov is unexposed at further... he isn't the best 2 miler around over hurdles and to win an Arkle on good ground he'd need to imporve a lot to be a major player in an Arkle. Albeit Amy Murphy thinks he'll be better on better ground, he hasn't shown the form on it yet.

They may start him with dreams of an Arkle but he's more likely to win a JLT for me despite not seeing him at the trip yet.

It is interesting Amy Murphy said she had a split second thought about a CH campaign.... but my gut tells me he'll be found wanting at 2m as a chaser too.
    I wouldn’t be so negative on Kalashnikovs chances over 2mile next season myself Kev, he was only beaten by Summerville Boy last term who could prove to be very smart over hurdles! Kalashnikov is a big athletic type who should improve over fences whereas SB is obviously more at home over the smaller obstacles given his future plans.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
      I wouldn’t be so negative on Kalashnikovs chances over 2mile next season myself Kev, he was only beaten by Summerville Boy last term who could prove to be very smart over hurdles! Kalashnikov is a big athletic type who should improve over fences whereas SB is obviously more at home over the smaller obstacles given his future plans.
      Perhaps, I just think he's too short at 14/1 to conisder.

He's priced on the fact he is a "big athletic type who should improve over fences", so even if he does... he's already had that factored in to the price. None of his hurdles form entitles him to be a major player yet... he's interesting for sure.

If he was a 25/1 shot things would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Perhaps, I just think he's too short at 14/1 to conisder.

He's priced on the fact he is a "big athletic type who should improve over fences", so even if he does... he's already had that factored in to the price. None of his hurdles form entitles him to be a major player yet... he's interesting for sure.

If he was a 25/1 shot things would be different.
        True enough, I think the bookies are covering there arse with regards Samcros target next March! If he doesn’t go for the Arkle the race is wide open, I think Kalashnikovs price is factored into that possibility, Id struggle to see past Murphy’s runner where Samcro to go for the JLT

Comment

I still havent seen anything that would make me think Samcro would pass up a champion hurdle chance for a JLT, if he was mine then Champion Hurdle all day long!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            I still havent seen anything that would make me think Samcro would pass up a champion hurdle chance for a JLT, if he was mine then Champion Hurdle all day long!!!!!
            Hurdle schmurdle. Get him over a fence

It isn't about the JLT, its about the year after.... and I think he'd win an RSA or Arkle before a JLT anyway ... neither of which are a Champion Hurdle, but on route to better things....

Comment

Kim Bailey's views on Vinndication this coming season...(step up in trip a big possibly)

Last edited by SeanRock; 22 September 2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                Kim Bailey's views on Vinndication this coming season...(step up in trip a big possibly)

https://twitter.com/paulfergusonJTF/...49504885731328
                OJA also says no decision on hurdles or jumps, and says 2 miles 4f is 'his trip' at the moment. KIm has no concerns about him going left-handed, as all 4 wins have been right handed.

Comment

I'd be pretty keen on claimantakinforgan here, he looks a chaser to me all over and deffinately needs the step up in trip. I'd expect him to be a considerably better chaser than hurdler
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 23 September 2018, 09:29 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I'd be pretty keen on claimantakinforgan here, he looks a chaser to me all over and deffinately needs the step up in trip. I'd expect him to be a considerably better chaser than hurdler
                    Hi Scooby , Hendo recently gave three to follow from his yard on his twitter account , Claimantakinforgan was one of them. I am same as you pretty keen on him , chasing will bring out improvement and can see him having a good season. Before i get involved betting wise I want to know where Samcro likely to crop up.

Comment

Irish dominated race, ill be waiting to see what Mullins and Elliott have for this race come January.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                        Hi Scooby , Hendo recently gave three to follow from his yard on his twitter account , Claimantakinforgan was one of them. I am same as you pretty keen on him , chasing will bring out improvement and can see him having a good season. Before i get involved betting wise I want to know where Samcro likely to crop up.
                        Yeh that's fair enough, samcro is nailed on for a CH campaign. But no worries in waiting .
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post

Do you know who the other two horses were ?

Comment

Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
                            Do you know who the other two horses were ?
                            Mr Whipped

Lust For Glory

Comment

It was 3 to follow owned by Grech and Parkin

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                                Irish dominated race, ill be waiting to see what Mullins and Elliott have for this race come January.
                                I'd love a price on Mullins to win this race this far out.

Comment

Working...
                                X